Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 24 Oct 2003, 21:43 (Ref:762272)   #1
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about a Member List clear out?

It's jsut occurred to me that the member list has a lot of people who never posted, posted very little, or haven't posted for several years. As many of these joined first and took very common names as their usernames, this limits the number of potential names for new members. Maybe there's a need to free up some of those usernames?
Old 24 Oct 2003, 23:16 (Ref:762324)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I asked about this once myself Boots, and if I recall the answer was something like this:

1. A large number of members register and lurk. They may not post, but visit often (This way they can get the newsletter).

2. It would have to be done manually and nobody wants to spend months doing it.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 10:12 (Ref:762549)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Then how about keeping the newsletter subscription seperate from the forum subscription?
Again i think itll be very time consuming sorting stuff out so.........

Last edited by ralf fan; 25 Oct 2003 at 10:13.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 12:20 (Ref:762620)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about forming the list of members who don't post in that sense adn send them an email, which they have to reply to within a month to keep their membership? I realise that this is still time-consuming, but much less so, and would eliminate those problems.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 15:24 (Ref:762754)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Or another idea, leave it the way it is
Old 25 Oct 2003, 17:25 (Ref:762857)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
I realise that this is still time-consuming, but much less so, and would eliminate those problems.
Sorry if I've missed something but. What exactly is the problem?
Old 26 Oct 2003, 00:33 (Ref:763107)   #7
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verification

Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
How about forming the list of members who don't post in that sense adn send them an email, which they have to reply to within a month to keep their membership? I realise that this is still time-consuming, but much less so, and would eliminate those problems.
It would also require effort in deleting Email addresses that are no longer valid. As the forum does not actually send out `blanket messages', there is little to be gained. :confused: Perhaps a new forum could be established with a poll for `lurker's comments'? Still a lot of work.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 13:07 (Ref:764511)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Work for work's sake, surely?
Old 27 Oct 2003, 19:17 (Ref:764919)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Or another idea, leave it the way it is
A excellent idea.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 00:30 (Ref:766365)   #10
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Does Wrexie standing about with a bat count as "lurking?"
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 07:48 (Ref:766585)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course! We could clear out V, Sato, Fran, Knowlesey, Boots.............. the possibilities are endless.

Nah, let's leave it as it is. The board wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 11:53 (Ref:766830)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i guess youre right PETER!! i think actually its up to the member once he/she joins. if they wanna post let them and if they dont again its their choice.........
Old 29 Oct 2003, 12:16 (Ref:766852)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm. How did I leave you off my list RF?
Old 29 Oct 2003, 16:26 (Ref:767088)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Maybe you just didnt put me on purpose (pure hatred???? )
Old 29 Oct 2003, 16:55 (Ref:767130)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
RF. I don't hate anybody. However...............
Old 29 Oct 2003, 18:33 (Ref:767235)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
YEah yeah i know i'm special..........
Old 29 Oct 2003, 18:48 (Ref:767255)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
YEah yeah i know i'm special..........
You may well be ............................... for your parents. However...............
Old 31 Oct 2003, 21:14 (Ref:769646)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Of course! We could clear out V, Sato, Fran, Knowlesey, Boots.............. the possibilities are endless.

Why would you want to delete us Peter? Is it because we don't bow down to your (supposed) greatness?
Old 31 Oct 2003, 21:19 (Ref:769655)   #19
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Why would you want to delete us Peter? Is it because we don't bow down to your (supposed) greatness?
The words Mallett and Greatness surley do not go together.......well , not unless your talking about Timmy Mallett that is !

Now he would make a great Moderator !

Last edited by Sato san; 31 Oct 2003 at 21:21.