Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 15 Nov 2003, 21:33 (Ref:784551)   #26
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he was refering to "pro" FFord...

Mudguards? I normally try and get rid of them in the first lap or two!
Old 15 Nov 2003, 21:45 (Ref:784565)   #27
pmoloney
Racer

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
pmoloney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
falcemob - I would have let you all kick me around cyberspace as I would have deserved it!!

The test is by no means a formality and they did mention that they do have failures fairly regularly. There were 6 on the course and two of them were re-sitting!
Old 16 Nov 2003, 02:56 (Ref:784749)   #28
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Paul
See you next season.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 07:29 (Ref:784813)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
diz,

Good point and well made but think of this. There are a lot of drivers who like me, went out and raced without any formal instruction. Nobody was scared of us. But perhaps they should have been.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 09:02 (Ref:784871)   #30
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
pmoloney,
When I took mine at Mallory, they just tended to put a lot of emphasis on certain things that they told us, and those things came up in the test. The guy next to me got one wrong and he cheated a bit and altered his paper before he sent it up. Also like I said earlier, I didnt notice the temp on the car I was in and the engine overheated, but on track I think they were more concerned that you were aware of what was going on around you.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 09:52 (Ref:784901)   #31
pmoloney
Racer

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
pmoloney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"concerned that you were aware of what was going on around you"

you're not kidding...there was one of those driving experience days going on and we were advised to be VERY wary of all the single seaters as they were the ones who were most likely to do the unexpected! There was loads of cars on at the same time too....everything from old Jags to a Porsche to single seaters to a DB7!!