Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:08 (Ref:924857)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indianapolis to be re-paved this year

The work to repave Indianapolis will get underway on August 9th, one day after the Brickyard 400. The last time it was repaved - which at that time didn't include the warmup lanes or pitroad - was back in 1995.

Considering Indianapolis already is one of the smoothest tracks out there already I reckon the speeds won't increase a whole lot when the 2005 Indianapolis 500 comes around.

The full Indianapolis Star article, which includes several interesting tidbits like the fact that 85 percent of the original bricks still remain underneath the current surface, is available here.

I like Scott Dixon take on it;

Quote:

"It always seems like they need a project to be working on," he said. "I guess they need tax write-offs."
Old 1 Apr 2004, 20:21 (Ref:926755)   #2
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The article mentions some concerns about water drainage. Since Indy Car doesn't race in the rain and the article says that this wasn't at the request of the league, it might be a reasonable bet that this was requested by Formula 1. Indeed, the US GP last year had some rain which changed the course of the race completely...
Old 1 Apr 2004, 21:13 (Ref:926802)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Testure
Indeed, the US GP last year had some rain which changed the course of the race completely...
Yeah, and it was great for Ferrari! Don't fix that drainage!

Danica Patrick
Old 1 Apr 2004, 23:12 (Ref:926884)   #4
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Testure
The article mentions some concerns about water drainage. Since Indy Car doesn't race in the rain and the article says that this wasn't at the request of the league, it might be a reasonable bet that this was requested by Formula 1. Indeed, the US GP last year had some rain which changed the course of the race completely...
I think it took the rain to make the race interesting. That was a good F1 race IMO.