Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2004, 14:52 (Ref:981403)   #26
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe Banzai is more appropriate than kamikaze...
Old 24 May 2004, 15:46 (Ref:981461)   #27
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seeing him hit Michael was priceless!

Last edited by Jordi; 24 May 2004 at 15:46.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:01 (Ref:981621)   #28
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey ...i mean , when does anyone believe what DC says as being the truth !...he said he was going to be World Champion 3 years on the trot !...lol

DC was trying to sour a superb start from Taku .....Ive seen the footage from the race , and to me it looked like a perfect start from Taku ....maybe DC should get Taku to teach him how to get off the line better....DC's starts have never been as good as he used to do in 1996 anyway !...

Bravo Taku !...he saw the gap , and went for it ....its racing remember !
Old 24 May 2004, 18:05 (Ref:981622)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it was a jump start he would have stood out like a sore thumb....it was just a perfect start! Rather like Trullis in Barcelona two weeks ago.

Nice bit of aggression as well taku!
Old 24 May 2004, 18:47 (Ref:981689)   #30
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Guys a nutter,he nearly went up and over Schumachers wheel then tries to go 3 wide into the first corner,he could have eliminated half the the field by the first corner.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:59 (Ref:981704)   #31
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But that's the rub Armco Bender. Had that been MS making that ballsy move many would lauding as the move of the race instead of reckless and stupid. I would imagine that everyone Sato smoked off of the line would all complain he must have jumped the start when what he appears to have done was merely jump them. I'd also like to know how another driver who is concentrating on his start and the lights can emphatically judge the start of another, unless they were watching him instead of the lights. If so, then that's probably why he drove away from them. According to the FIA Sato did not jump the start and that's all that really matters.
Never forget #99
Old 24 May 2004, 22:34 (Ref:981945)   #32
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I only take issue with one point there KC. If that had been Michael making tht start, we'd have 30 pages lambasting him for recklessness and arrogance.

Superb start from Taku - totally balls out, uttelry banzai, but hey - it worked! Armco - yes he could have taken out about 5 cars in that move, but he didn't - surely that's what matters? even though he bounced my man outta the way, I have to give it to him - awesome start, and mighty spherical objects to make that move stick. P.S. anyone care to wager he had his eyes shut on the entry to turn 1?
Old 25 May 2004, 02:02 (Ref:982084)   #33
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
...could have eliminated half the the field by the first corner.
and Minardi might have gotten that point after all!
Old 25 May 2004, 02:55 (Ref:982117)   #34
f1_smiley
Rookie

f1_smiley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
P.S. anyone care to wager he had his eyes shut on the entry to turn 1?

cheers garcon!!! that surely made my day

mighty awesome start... no call from the FIA. but still bad luck
Old 25 May 2004, 13:07 (Ref:982511)   #35
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Point taken Garcon. There would surely have been naysayers about MS had that been his start.
Never forget #99
Old 25 May 2004, 15:46 (Ref:982682)   #36
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We've seen some very wierd starts this year. Normally from a distance the starts look very slow for the first half second or so. Then all of the sudden they appear to be accelerating fast. A few drivers have taken off like a bullet off the start at different races, Sato in Monaco being one of them. I don't understand why it happeneds like that and how there can be such a dramatic difference when the electronics are suppose to be doing the work. I think Sato started when everyone else did, but he just took off... The same thing happened in Spain where MS and JPM came off looking slow at the start, but I don't think either of them did anything wrong because they left at the same time as everyone else.
Old 26 May 2004, 07:41 (Ref:983465)   #37
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think fuel loads must have also been a factor. it is not impossible to imagine that BAR knew that there was something wrong with Sato's car even before raceday and had him qualify on a very low fuel load in the hope that he would get in front of Michael and slow him down enough for Button to build up a lead vis-a-vis Michael.

Brilliant strategy. and BAR certainly look on course for a win this season.