Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was the blockhead of the race?
Michael - for slamming on his brakes in the tunnel 39 31.20%
Juan -for following too close and smashing Michael 9 7.20%
Ralf - for forcing Alonso to run into the marbles 11 8.80%
Alonso - for running into the marbles in the tunnel 9 7.20%
The marshals - for almost getting themselves killed twice 27 21.60%
Fisi- for going balls out into a smoke filled area 7 5.60%
The BAR guys- for not calling in Sato 9 7.20%
David - because his head really does resemble a block 14 11.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 May 2004, 17:09 (Ref:984119)   #51
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I chose BAR. Sato himself said he knew it was going to blow. The result of which could have been so much worse. There was a packed grandstand just a few yards the other side of the barrier where Fisi landed.
Old 26 May 2004, 19:44 (Ref:984293)   #52
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want Barrichello to be an option. Another useless drive, barely holding off Webber's Jag, and followed by the usual press conference opener....." I have to be honest, I had a big problem after about 5 laps my brake pedal was long/seatbelts came loose/got a cold/intermittent electrical problem/a family of small ducks were crossing the road at Rascasse." ( delete as applicable ).
Old 26 May 2004, 20:05 (Ref:984320)   #53
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by beefy
Tough call. Michael or the marshals? Both let themselves down badly.
If anyone truly believes TGF had suspention failure, well, I've got a bridge for sale, too. CHEAP. As for the marshalls, F1 only has themselves to blame. All the finest have been trickling away year by year now because they refuse to kill themselves for Bernie and the FIA's refusal to follow basic safety proceedures (ie full course yellows) and expecting them to work out on hot tracks when they shouldn't and put thier lives at risk.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 26 May 2004, 20:16 (Ref:984342)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
eh? I don't think anyone thinks Michael has suspension failure. Certainly not Michael or Ferrari.

The safety procedures at F1 races are second to none. The Prof sees to that. You can't even blame Bernie for this one, because he employs Sid and what Sid wants gets done - by Bernie. I really don't think you can say F1 is losing good marshals for any reason. Witness our very own priest catcher.
Old 26 May 2004, 20:21 (Ref:984353)   #55
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
eh? I don't think anyone thinks Michael has suspension failure. Certainly not Michael or Ferrari.

The safety procedures at F1 races are second to none. The Prof sees to that. You can't even blame Bernie for this one, because he employs Sid and what Sid wants gets done - by Bernie. I really don't think you can say F1 is losing good marshals for any reason. Witness our very own priest catcher.
Yes I can, because I personally know many marshalls that have stopped doing F1 races for that very reason. F1 races expect them to do things while the track is under full green that NO other series would ever make them do.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 26 May 2004, 20:21 (Ref:984355)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You been drinking Mags?
Old 26 May 2004, 20:24 (Ref:984357)   #57
Mags
Veteran

No, but I think Reubens had been during the press conference. I almost fell off of my chair with his "I was lucky to finish the race" comments. I didn't think I could hold that team in any more contempt. I honestly didn't.
Old 26 May 2004, 20:27 (Ref:984362)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely you can, your contempt for Bernie must be greater?
Old 26 May 2004, 20:27 (Ref:984363)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hehehe....

Seems to be the case with a lot of F1 drivers. They're always complaining about some sort of supposed problem during the race.

For God's sake shutup! You won the race, stop complaining!
Old 26 May 2004, 21:26 (Ref:984430)   #60
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf is has been a bit of a moon baby - but I had to vote for DC
Old 27 May 2004, 00:35 (Ref:984565)   #61
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After much debate i decided to go for the first and original blockhead........ David Coulthard....