Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 May 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3078041)   #226
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to watching it this evening.
Old 23 May 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3078176)   #227
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
A bit more on the availability of the movie.
Quote:
Now, in response to the film’s successful television debut, “Truth in 24 II: Every Second Counts,” will be exclusively available for free download on the iTunes Store (www.iTunes.com/truthin24ii) beginning May 22 in the U.S., United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. The free download on iTunes also means fans will be able to enjoy the film on any Mac or PC, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or on your HDTV with Apple TV. The first installment of the film, “Truth in 24,” is also available in stunning high-definition on iTunes at www.iTunes.com/truthin24 as a free download.
source: http://fourtitude.com/news/motorspor...-itunes-debut/
Old 23 May 2012, 07:45 (Ref:3078179)   #228
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really don't understand why Audi don't distribute this movie to the rest of the world!
I'm a bit ****ed over this.
Old 23 May 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3078195)   #229
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Do as I am--wait for it to come out on DVD. I still don't own the first one on DVD yet, but I've been on a bit of a Kristen Stewart kick and I've been out of work for a while, so I have to choose my battles. At least Ti24I can be bought from Audi of America for only $8.00USD--cheaper than any Twilight DVD and probably cheaper than the likes of Speak. I don't know about the EU and other non NTSC U/C countries as far as DVD costs and availability, though.
Old 23 May 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3078197)   #230
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
If Audi plays it the same way as they did with the iTunes farce, we'll be screwed again!
Old 23 May 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3078206)   #231
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks as Audi is encouraging people to pirate their free product...
Old 23 May 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3078238)   #232
FKWD2
Rookie

FKWD2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFKWD2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Looks as Audi is encouraging people to pirate their free product...

Actually, the problem for our partners who are working on the global online distribution is not so much making it available everywhere, but making it available FOR FREE....
The film shall become available for free download or free viewing globally, thats the plan. And that includes the first Ti24 movie as well.

Sorry for the delay and re-delay. First one was to ensure quality, second one to make sure the film is not sold in one market, given away in another.
Old 23 May 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3078262)   #233
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats wrong with uploading it to Audi's youtube channel, until it becomes available outside of iTunes i wont touch it sorry.
Old 23 May 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3078264)   #234
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I really don't understand why Audi don't distribute this movie to the rest of the world!
I'm a bit ****ed over this.
+1

I acutally wouldn't mind paying for it just as long as I can actually get it.
Old 23 May 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3078286)   #235
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Whats wrong with uploading it to Audi's youtube channel, until it becomes available outside of iTunes i wont touch it sorry.
I'm in the same position - satisfied in waiting for an unfettered release, elsewhere. For free content, Itunes doesn't really serve purpose as a means of distribution.

There's an unnecessary layer of complexity for gaining access to free content. Region-locking, DRM, and the need for an account are redundant and, just purely inconvenient. They're ridiculous for any other purpose. Within this context specifically, it's particularly confounding.
Old 23 May 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3078302)   #236
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
For all the people whining about iTunes. Truth in 24 II is now available on audi.tv.
Old 23 May 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3078374)   #237
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
For all the people whining about iTunes. Truth in 24 II is now available on audi.tv.
Yay!

Could only find it in German before.
Old 24 May 2012, 01:00 (Ref:3078594)   #238
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
And the extra 20+ minutes over the version I watched on TV was definitely worth the time.
Old 24 May 2012, 04:49 (Ref:3078617)   #239
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear View Post
And the extra 20+ minutes over the version I watched on TV was definitely worth the time.
It''s more than that...

Speed TV cut 45min
Full version 82min
Old 24 May 2012, 09:05 (Ref:3078704)   #240
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the Audi TV links: much appreciated!
Old 24 May 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3078719)   #241
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
First half felt a bit rushed, bit of a whirlwind. 2nd half was quite engrossing and enjoyable.

7/10.

Cursed by it's predesessor being so good and unexpected. This one could never live up to the hype.
Old 24 May 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3078734)   #242
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
First half felt a bit rushed, bit of a whirlwind. 2nd half was quite engrossing and enjoyable.

7/10.

Cursed by it's predesessor being so good and unexpected. This one could never live up to the hype.
I think I agree with this to be honest. I found it hard, having watched the original so many times, to look at this as a stand-alone documentary. And that as you say is just due to the bar being set so high by Audi themselves.

I think it does a good job of telling the race story and beyond that, any documentary about Le Mans is going to be popular with me. It was a story that needed telling and I'm really glad they made it. A lasting document of my first trip to the race.
Old 24 May 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3078792)   #243
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wonderful news! Thanks for the links.

Watched it last night. I too thought it was a little rushed at the start; but the second half was a great portrayal of the race. I really connected with the three winning drivers and the post-race emotions came flooding back.

Jason Statham (or more likely the scriptwriters) needs to learn the difference between "less" and "fewer"; very annoying, that.
Old 24 May 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3078837)   #244
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was awesome, but I am saddened.

No more Peugeot; it was such a great rivalry. I feel cheated as a fan by the Peugeot board.
Old 24 May 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3078881)   #245
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has anyone yet downloaded the video from AudiTV and converted it to DVD? I'm downloading now and I wondered about the quality?
Old 24 May 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3078889)   #246
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Has anyone yet downloaded the video from AudiTV and converted it to DVD? I'm downloading now and I wondered about the quality?
Audi.tv quality seemed relatively fine. There seemed to be more compression (which is expected) but, I've no complaints in regards to image/sound quality.
As an aside, I enjoyed it. The dependence on footage used in the original was a little irritating. Enjoyable, none the less.
Old 24 May 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3078894)   #247
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I have it downloaded now and we'll see what happens!
Old 24 May 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3078900)   #248
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, I have it downloaded now and we'll see what happens!
How did you do that Ayse?
Old 24 May 2012, 18:55 (Ref:3078908)   #249
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would also like to you how it can be downloaded...
Old 24 May 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3078911)   #250
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Streaming downloader - I use Wondershare Streaming Video Recorder. Switch it on, go to the web page on which the streaming video is playing and it will downoad it as an FLV file. I then use Ultra Video Joiner to convert that into DVD files (IFO, BUP and VOB) which I then convert again in DVD Shrink and burn to DVD with DVD Decrypter..... Simples.....