Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Mar 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2656258)   #226
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I guess you've made an informed decision from what these guys have said. What I would add is that you absolutely must get yourself to either Idianapolis/Arnage or Mulsanne Corner, preferably when it's getting dark. You haven't been to Le Mans unless you explore there
Absolutely agreed.

Quote:
Also, if you're not going to fork out the extra money for the Grandstand seats, then I don't think there's much point in trying to watch from the pit straight at all. The inside of Tetre Rouge is a fantastic spot to watch from now, and there's a screen their too keeping you up to date with the action.
Not agreed and agreed! The inside of Tertre Rouge is brilliant, one of the very few successes IMO for the ACO in their constant drive to mess around with the great circuit. But remember that although the view from the pit straight was substantially ruined (for the photographers among us particularly) in the mid-90s by the erection of the high debris fencing, the atmosphere there for the hour or more before the start is absolutely electric! And during the night, when the crowds thin out, if you're lucky you can get a long lens right over to the pit stops.

Quote:
As for the members enclosure? It's been relocated to the inside of the Esses, and there's now a private spectator bank there for Club 24 members. Don't be fooled, although this view is exclusive, it doesn't make it good! But generally, I think it's a good idea to become a member.
The view from there is actually rather good IMO. I didn't get to spend as much time there as I intended last year, but hope to this. I've personally been an ACO member since 1997 and will continue to be a member as long as the price remains reasonable primarily for the results package that is sent 2-3 months after the race to members.

Quote:
Oh, and one more thing - don't miss the sunrise!
Yes, it can be seriously beautiful!
Old 20 Mar 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2656302)   #227
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I guess you've made an informed decision from what these guys have said. What I would add is that you absolutely must get yourself to either Idianapolis/Arnage or Mulsanne Corner, preferably when it's getting dark. You haven't been to Le Mans unless you explore there

Oh, and one more thing - don't miss the sunrise!
To me the best time at Arnage is the sunrise - head out there between about 4 whilst it is still dark and there will be little traffic then watch the sunrise at Arnage and grab breakfast and a coffee while you are - it is one of Le Mans' (and therefore life's) great experiences
Old 20 Mar 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2656397)   #228
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
To me the best time at Arnage is the sunrise - head out there between about 4 whilst it is still dark and there will be little traffic then watch the sunrise at Arnage and grab breakfast and a coffee while you are - it is one of Le Mans' (and therefore life's) great experiences
I totally agree. For many years, I've always gone to Arnage at 3 or 4 AM and waited for the sunrise... before the croissants time !
Old 21 Mar 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2657070)   #229
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I too am in agreement, although it's not quite as good as it used to be since they carved out a huge chunk of s[pectator banking at Indianapolis a few years back.

Yes, get there before dawn and watch the headlights approaching from Mulsanne Corner, listen to the slightly echoing noise as the cars approach, then get a glimpse of the brake discs glowing red as the cars slow for the left-hander.

Take care as you walk along the spectator banking - there are often several sleeping bags - occupied - scattered around. I can smell that coffee now!

Less than twelve weeks to go....
Old 21 Mar 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2657075)   #230
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Evocative stuff guys - it just cranks up that sense of anticipation yet another notch!
Old 21 Mar 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2657088)   #231
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Evocative stuff guys - it just cranks up that sense of anticipation yet another notch!
Particularly so, since in my part of the world, it's a beautiful spring morning. The sunshine and temperature are currently something like we see at LM around 5am. Perhaps I should go and sit in the garden with that cup of coffee and the re-run of Radio Le Mans' 2009 MP3 offering? - or is it too early to start getting in the mood?
Old 21 Mar 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2657413)   #232
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Never too early. I'm just finishing my 11th (yes 11th!) listen to the 2009 commentary in the car...... I'll easily make it a round 12 before June....
Old 21 Mar 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2657526)   #233
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Never too early. I'm just finishing my 11th (yes 11th!) listen to the 2009 commentary in the car...... I'll easily make it a round 12 before June....
Echo that - finally managed to motivate myself to get a car kit for my Zune and have had the 2008 race whiling away the daily Beckenham to Thurrock commute for the last couple of weeks.

Now that the season's properly started surely it's absolutely justifiable to start the run in to June with the bits and pieces of Le Mans related media we all have knocking around.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2667199)   #234
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CanI ask if there are ANY Ten Tenthers (apart from me) who are going with Speedchills?
Old 5 Apr 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2667253)   #235
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Pas moi......
Old 6 Apr 2010, 07:34 (Ref:2667445)   #236
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got the tickets from them .. does that count ??

Ciao Marco
Old 6 Apr 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2667475)   #237
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
CanI ask if there are ANY Ten Tenthers (apart from me) who are going with Speedchills?
I'd be surprised if there weren't some, but I think most of the more 'vocal' members on this part of the forum have either been going to Le Mans since before Speedchills began, and are set in their ways, and those who are newer to Le Mans have perhaps taken advice from those oldies. Not at all a negative towards Speedchills, I understand they offer a fantastic service (as you'll know yourself).
Old 6 Apr 2010, 08:31 (Ref:2667483)   #238
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There are many organisations running trips to Le Mans these days and Speedchillies are good if you do not have the time and experience to organise the details yourselves, but for the regulars the process of arranging the annual trip are usually well tried and tested, an as always considerably cheaper than paying someone else to to the work.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2667754)   #239
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fair points gents, just wondering as I know so many from another Forum go with them and are pleased to do so, as such i wondered if the same applied to members of this forum is all?

But as they seem to "silent" members, I'll take it as read they enjoy the experience as Im certain if they didnt they would make some noise!
Old 7 Apr 2010, 04:12 (Ref:2668037)   #240
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No to Speedchills here too, but I have sat opposite the pits on the concrete terrace, for the start of every single event that I have attended ! It is without a doubt one of the highlights of the year for me. Watching the terrace populate in the build up, through all the national anthems and then seemingly empty within half an hour of the race commencing, has always amazed me ! That usually has something to do with the sun beating down on your neck though, it can become very warm during the afternoon.

We have been watching the finish at the Ford chicane over the last few years, as it is easy to access on late arrival and also gives you a clear run at the circuit when the clock strikes 3, well just after !
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2668258)   #241
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Im happy to say I have tickets for T19 this year so the sun beating down (as no doubt it will this year eh Ayse? )wont be a problem for me, feel as though I'll probably be there for a good hour or more to start with though, at least until the first round of pitstops has taken place.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2668737)   #242
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've been caught in that incredible sun a few times now in T34 and, you know what, I think I'm getting used to it! No other place to be, IMO.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2668904)   #243
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Even T19 will be a step down from the start of the race last year, was very lucky to be invited to the RML suite above the pits to watch the start! Actually watched it from the Creation garage instead and then went upstairs for a cool down thanks to AD Group and RML.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2668916)   #244
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Name-dropper.......
Old 8 Apr 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2668930)   #245
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens

Sorry!
Old 14 Apr 2010, 09:42 (Ref:2672542)   #246
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just ordered a camping ticket for pick up "au desk Billetterie Ã* l'ACCUEIL GENERAL dans le Centre des Expositions du Mans Ã* partir du jeudi 15 avril 2010".

That's the Rotonde-builing up at the Expo, right?
Old 14 Apr 2010, 09:52 (Ref:2672545)   #247
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Kling View Post
I just ordered a camping ticket for pick up "au desk Billetterie Ã* l'ACCUEIL GENERAL dans le Centre des Expositions du Mans Ã* partir du jeudi 15 avril 2010".

That's the Rotonde-builing up at the Expo, right?
Correct.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2672547)   #248
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks!
Old 27 Apr 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2680599)   #249
Killinator
Rookie

Killinator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello there, my 1st post,

I booked tickets for Le Mans a while back,(paid aswell-camping site and week-long tickets) via the official Le Mans website,
Since then all I recieved was an e-mail a couple of days later which I think is a confirmation email(its in French),
I selected the option to have the tickets sent to my own address, should I have them now or should I be worried that I have not got them yet?
Any help appreciated.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2680625)   #250
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me. I'm going! I might attempt the 10-10ths meet up too.