Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Oct 2001, 16:09 (Ref:161490)   #226
Herminator
Racer

Herminator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats why I think he must be sponsored, no one in there right mind would spend that much on kit, although he isn't anything special in terms of talent. He has nice paint jobs on his bodies too, they look profesional. Anyway, shouldn't you guys be at school instead of replying to these messages?
Old 16 Oct 2001, 17:08 (Ref:161513)   #227
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
October holidays Herminator!

The kits have been dispatched from the distributors, but since there was a 'suspect package' discovered in a postal building in London, everything is held up.

Bin Laden has got a lot to answer for...
Old 16 Oct 2001, 17:54 (Ref:161533)   #228
Herminator
Racer

Isn't it a bit early for october holidays? Probably me though since I only went back to uni two weeks ago. Bin Laden deserves to hhave his testicles put through a meat slicer and then be hung drawn and quartered, and his punishment for the world trade center should be 6000 times worse.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 06:39 (Ref:161809)   #229
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Herminator, I can afford all that because I work after school and Saturdays at the local model shop, and I can get get stuff at trade prices.

I connect my motor using CORRALLY connectors, looks like a bullet and a gun barrel. Ask someone at your club because it's hard to describe.

We are blessed with 2 people like that kid. The first is Scott. He thinks that because he works in the same shop as me, he is better than everyone else. I think he thinks the sun shines out of his as$.
He hits everything on the track; cars and markers. Put it this way, he doesn't have many friends.

The 2ud guy is Jim. He is really old (about 60-65), but has every car on the market. Every one of them. But, he can't drive any of them. He hits everybody as well and really, he is dangerous to others. This may seem harsh, but you guys should see him. He makes Jason Plato look tame.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 07:41 (Ref:161823)   #230
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That old guy must be dumb! Surely he knows he can't drive?(well he must be bad if he makes Jason Plato look tame!).

Hasn't anyone ever told him?

At my club(god, it's been a month since I went and I said I'd be there in a week or 2!), the A class, and maybe just the B class is good for driving standards. I hope I manage at least the B class, all down to my driving, having never driven on a slippy surface.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 13:29 (Ref:161950)   #231
Herminator
Racer

Ah, good place to work that Hobson, the crappy model shops around glasgow don't seem busy enough to need any employes and with this being my busiest year I wouldn't have much time anyway. Stupid government getting rid of student grants. The man cause of crashes for me is overtaking slow people in the B group, some people seem to be all over the place and I have to try overtake on the straigth where I have quite a bit of speed if I get the lat corner right. In the A group there are almost as many crashes on the first corner coz thy are pretty much the same speed so all arrive there together, whereas in my group I get out ahead normaly, it doesn't take much to spin a car either but most of the time the A group had enough control to avoid each other. It's going to be a problem though as I am getting closer to their speed and it will be a divide of 3-6 to the better group, even with the guy I saw last week it will be 4-6. Notreally fair if we have me with the better equipment just winning all the B group races.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 13:37 (Ref:161953)   #232
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
So, are you put into groups according to your speed?

My club used to do it with age, but that's not very fair as there could be a really fast 8 year old in with a bunch of maniacs!

herminator, my local shop is always busy. Every time I've went in there I've had to wait for serice, and that is with 2 guys at the counter!

Thinking about that boy there, surely it isn't sponsorship, or that much, if it's just at club level?

Ps - Did you ever get you're sponsorship Hobson?
Old 17 Oct 2001, 21:07 (Ref:162243)   #233
Herminator
Racer

I think he races at higher than club level and goes to clubs for practise. Thats why I think he is sponsored. I'm amazed that the only model shop in Glasgow that sells cars is so small and never busy and the other one which is just outside of Glasgow is only slightly bigger and still only has a few people in at a time. The model shop in Inverness which is the closest when I'm at home is always busy too, it's a bit cramped coz they have all sorts of modeling stuff in it and at christmas it is insanely busy. They have a couple kids that do all the holiday seasons already.
The groups were split up due to last seasons results, which I wasn't part of. Maybe they will change things if we get a couple more people, even three groups of three to four people would be better coz with five things get a bit messy.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 06:24 (Ref:162362)   #234
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i did get that sponsorship, but it was only for 50% discount in the model shop.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 08:21 (Ref:162378)   #235
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
ONLY 50%!!??
Old 18 Oct 2001, 13:36 (Ref:162477)   #236
Herminator
Racer

50% thats a very nice discount. Do you just race at club level? I'd gladly stick some shops logo's on my car if I got a discount that good, or any discount at all.
Old 19 Oct 2001, 06:24 (Ref:162749)   #237
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Club level and lower national.
Old 20 Oct 2001, 23:33 (Ref:163383)   #238
Herminator
Racer

Do you have to travel much for the lower national races? I suppose there are more tracks within reach of you since you live in down south, the only place I know of arounf here is the Stoneheaven track but thats about 160 miles away. If I had a car I would considergoing there everynow and again but as it is it's just too far and would cost too much for a poor student like me.
Old 20 Oct 2001, 23:35 (Ref:163384)   #239
Herminator
Racer

Do you guys use ICQ? if so my number is 123996494.
Old 21 Oct 2001, 11:31 (Ref:163494)   #240
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
I'm not very far down south, I live in the East Midlands. I only do events within 100 miles of where I live. racing isn't that important enough to go further away.

Have you guys seen any new bodies? I've seen a great TVR Tuscan Speed 6 in 190mm.
Old 21 Oct 2001, 11:42 (Ref:163500)   #241
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
yeh i saw that TVR too. Looked really realistic.

Hobson, "down south" here in Scotland means England, thats what Herminator meant.
Old 21 Oct 2001, 14:27 (Ref:163539)   #242
Herminator
Racer

Yep, down south is most of Britain for us up here, when I'm at home and not my flat even Glasgow is down south. Which generaly means something is easily available, like tracks, if you are down south. It's even sometimes as bad as parcel delivery companies seem to think that anywhere in the highlands, like Inverness, is another island or something and either charge extra or take longer to deliver there. I suppose it can't be easy for you to go to many national races either since you must rely on parents driving you there. Something that stopped me going very far with my R/C aircraft, that and the lack of flat feilds around me, or as they have 'down south' dissused airfields. I haven't seen these new bodies, where are they? I chexked the proto-form bodies and didn't find anything new, like a TVR and the HPI site still seems to be down. I'd like to see a few ideas for what the club may run after christmas, as they change body styles every half year, it was trucks and now its touring cars. Ahwell enough ranting by me.
Old 21 Oct 2001, 16:18 (Ref:163573)   #243
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I'm still waiting on my car! hopefully tommorrow, as i want to race 2morro night!
Old 21 Oct 2001, 16:43 (Ref:163582)   #244
Herminator
Racer

Now you know not to expect delivery to be on time in Scotland, it will be here atleast next week
Old 21 Oct 2001, 17:02 (Ref:163587)   #245
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
yep, its been comin to the shop in the next few days for over 2 weeks now...
Old 21 Oct 2001, 23:42 (Ref:163705)   #246
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
hmm, has anyone seen www.alshobbies.com ? i have seen 2 Sanyo 2400 Nicads in there for a £40 deal. Its around £100 with all the VAT & post etc.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 06:32 (Ref:163770)   #247
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Now I know.....

I'll get a picture of the TVR. It looks great, very curved.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 06:55 (Ref:163771)   #248
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
This is the TVR Tuscan Speed 6. Its 190mm, and the reason Herminator didn't see it on the PROTOform site, is because its made by Proline.

Last edited by Hobson; 22 Oct 2001 at 06:56.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 07:40 (Ref:163782)   #249
Herminator
Racer

Wow, thanks for finding them batteries, thats the same type I got from Model sport uk and was goingto get more. They're muchcheaper at Al's hobbies. Thats one great looking body shell too, looks like it wil cut through the air very well, but it may need a big rear wing to give it some grip at the rear, other wise it will be to easy to loose ggrip at the rear like the real thing. I thought prot-from and pro-line were the same company? I even got to the proto form site through the pro line one.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 09:50 (Ref:163805)   #250
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Thats the one I was thinking of, pretty impressive looking? For once the shell actually looks quite realistic! I think you'd buy that shell for show, well I would!

If I can't get my car today, I'll think I may get those batteries, so I'm ready to go!!