Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jan 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3354034)   #226
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well i think it is only illegal because you do not have to pay, no ticket's needed
True, although you do get a free arrest (or a metaphorical clip round the ear at least) from the gendarmes if you get caught!
Old 15 Jan 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3354173)   #227
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
why? they are public restaurants is it illegal to visit them in france now under the new regime, why would the police be doing that, i know the views of the mulsanne are restricted by fences etc but doubt the police will be bothered with people walking to a restaurant and getting a drink in the bar or standing in the car park
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3354199)   #228
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You misunderstand Simon. You can access and eat in the restaurants. You just can't see the cars from inside any more. You can wander off and sneak through the bushes and hedges - that's the illegal bit.......
Old 15 Jan 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3354258)   #229
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Depends on what you are up to, in said bushes...
Old 15 Jan 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3354261)   #230
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well I hope you would be watching cars go by
Old 15 Jan 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3354332)   #231
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You misunderstand Simon. You can access and eat in the restaurants. You just can't see the cars from inside any more. You can wander off and sneak through the bushes and hedges - that's the illegal bit.......
I cannot believe anyone would do that
Old 15 Jan 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3354334)   #232
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!

Found this on the net somewhere
Old 15 Jan 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3354349)   #233
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I cannot believe anyone would do that
I do have some footage somewhere that I took quite a few years ago from said bushes....... You can't see anything much (it was during the night) but the sound is pretty cool.......
Old 2 Feb 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3363269)   #234
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I've tried to make a map with Mark up with the access areas and good spots mentioned in this thread.
Please post if I misted any
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...Y.kP4YaI9BXO2M
I'm not sure the Indianapolis section goes that far anymore
Old 2 Feb 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3363288)   #235
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
I'm not sure the Indianapolis section goes that far anymore
I think you are right - unfortunately, I've updated the map.

Does anyone know if it's possible to access "La Maison Neuve"? during the race?
Old 3 Feb 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3363707)   #236
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think you are right - unfortunately, I've updated the map.

Does anyone know if it's possible to access "La Maison Neuve"? during the race?
I always wonder how for you could get when you go down the small paths on the inside to get to the track. Would love to try it sometime but then again don't want to waste a couple of hours to get turned around in the end.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3363715)   #237
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
I always wonder how for you could get when you go down the small paths on the inside to get to the track. Would love to try it sometime but then again don't want to waste a couple of hours to get turned around in the end.
Exactly. If you look on Google Maps, it looks like there is a spectator spot:
Google Maps
If I one day manages to get a bike with me to Le Mans, I might do the trip.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3363726)   #238
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Exactly. If you look on Google Maps, it looks like there is a spectator spot:
Google Maps
If I one day manages to get a bike with me to Le Mans, I might do the trip.
That's exactly the place I was looking for. And this place looks interesting. (the green arrow)
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3363731)   #239
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Eric, do you know anything about the area? (if you are watching the thread )
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3363750)   #240
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
That's exactly the place I was looking for. And this place looks interesting. (the green arrow)
Been to both, liked the one closer to the first kink better because cars are just about to enter their braking zone. The other area is closer to the track though.

The entire area between Tetre Rouge and Indianapolis is restricted - with the exception of Mulsanne´s outside campsite and spectators area. Used to wonder into the woods at least once per year and see where we would end up, such marvelous spots to be discovered! One of the privileges of being a marshal I know...
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3363760)   #241
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Eric, do you know anything about the area? (if you are watching the thread )
Entry is thru Les Petites Casnieres, the road leading towards the local soccer complex, this will lead you to the Maison Neuf road almost at the end before the road runs dead when reaching the track.

Problem are the checkpoints, first one is already on the Beausejour roundabout where you are not allowed to go in eastern direction on D92 (towards the Mulsanne straight) unless you have the proper credentials. A second one is set up on Les Petites Casnieres itself.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3363765)   #242
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Entry is thru Les Petites Casnieres, the road leading towards the local soccer complex, this will lead you to the Maison Neuf road almost at the end before the road runs dead when reaching the track.

Problem are the checkpoints, first one is already on the Beausejour roundabout where you are not allowed to go in eastern direction on D92 (towards the Mulsanne straight) unless you have the proper credentials. A second one is set up on Les Petites Casnieres itself.
So you can hook us up right? Distract some of the people at the checkpoint so we can sneak through
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3363770)   #243
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

So you can't access those points?
Quote:
So you can hook us up right? Distract some of the people at the checkpoint so we can sneak through
Yes please!
Old 3 Feb 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3363780)   #244
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
I would have loved to take a couple of you with me but I won´t be at Le Mans this year... You could try and see if one of my Dutch colleagues at marshals post 123 is willing to take you there???

[Marshals post 123 is on the inside of the track, right next to the old karting pit complex that is being demolished]
Old 3 Feb 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3363848)   #245
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Marshall map. Number of posts are distances on the track. So 123 means 12.3 kms from the start/finish line.

Old 6 Feb 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3365028)   #246
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
So for allmost 2 kilometers on the outside of the Mulsanne to Indianapolis run, there's nobody to be found if one'd plan a deepnight guardrail expedition.

Just saying....
Old 6 Feb 2014, 22:26 (Ref:3365039)   #247
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Except the ever-present gendarmes.........
Old 7 Feb 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3365404)   #248
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Who'll immediatly confiscate your tickets when they catch you, as I've heard.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3365406)   #249
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Most probably not only that.......
Old 8 Feb 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3365727)   #250
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
That map (good job!) really highlights how much of the track is out of bounds. It's such a shame but understandable from a safety point of view. Surely some sort of access could be possible at the Mulasanne chicanes one day. Please...
Had a dream about being able to view from the Mulsanne chicane. There was basically a massive bridge across the road with windows. Thinking about it, it was basically the pit straight on the Shanghai circuit but with more glass.

Now that would be good!