Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Jun 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2231439)   #226
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
2500 Kangaroo TV sets this year

All the circuit now covered with fibre optic cable.

High Definition in 2009 plus in car cameras in all cars.

We need Europsort HD to be launched n the UK, and the race to be available on Blu-ray as well as DVD.
Sounds good, bring it on.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2231540)   #227
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
Soooo how was the Eurosport coverage? I didn't bother to set the recorder, too much aggro to set all the segments.
Good, excellent commentary through the night.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2232972)   #228
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Yeah, Eurosport did better job than expected. Even with most of it on ES2, I bet "few" more people could watch it compared to MotorsTV years.

Commentators were all good except Carlton Kirby. He reminds about James Allen - obviously not in a positive way. Pit reporters were horrible though. Especially that woman who has done pit reporting in LMS too, horrible "questions".

At least it can't be worse in 2009 - hopefully no WTCC race clash (and no Euro football). And maybe Martin Haven instead of Kirby.

One minus: turned out that there were no free streams from the race unlike qualifyings had.

Last edited by deggis; 19 Jun 2008 at 21:11.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 03:22 (Ref:2233123)   #229
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Eurosport can steal Andrew Marriott who is an outstanding pit reporter, then they have a great commentary team. I've downloaded the whole race and am currently going through parts of it and I really like their announce team, especially Jeremy Shaw and Neville Hay. Their night-time coverage was also superb. Of course their pit reporters were awful, as well.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2233196)   #230
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ohh Neville Hay is a bonus, I love listening to him. Can I download it from their t'internet site?

How did they do with sticking to the time schedules they had set and being on the right channel at the right time?
Old 20 Jun 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2233215)   #231
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
Yeah, Eurosport did better job than expected. Even with most of it on ES2, I bet "few" more people could watch it compared to MotorsTV years.

Commentators were all good except Carlton Kirby. He reminds about James Allen - obviously not in a positive way. Pit reporters were horrible though. Especially that woman who has done pit reporting in LMS too, horrible "questions".

At least it can't be worse in 2009 - hopefully no WTCC race clash (and no Euro football). And maybe Martin Haven instead of Kirby.

One minus: turned out that there were no free streams from the race unlike qualifyings had.
Some of Carlton's comments were EYE OPENING to say the least, almost like he doesn't know what he was talking about!

I also hope for no clash, love to see Martin Haven...

All in all, I had RLM on and the sound turned down most of the time...

Web feed in HD was nice and no you couldn't watch it from the States on Eurosports web site, however it was out on proxy in several places, love the "internets".
Old 20 Jun 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2233217)   #232
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Ohh Neville Hay is a bonus, I love listening to him. Can I download it from their t'internet site?

How did they do with sticking to the time schedules they had set and being on the right channel at the right time?
Neville Hay was more than welcomed and he stated he's ready to do this every year, more power too him!

When they switched, you switched... I do know how it worked for people that have DVR's but they are usually smarter than you, so you just tell them you want to record something and let them do their thing....

I got my Speed coverage and never touched Media Center, I decided to watch it all via proxy online in HD...

I agree with the race in Blu-Ray you can't say the disc can not hold the entire race... Well 2 disc anyway.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2233219)   #233
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Soooo how was the Eurosport coverage? I didn't bother to set the recorder, too much aggro to set all the segments.

Pretty good actually. I listened to pre-race and then switched to Speed for the first few hours and then switched to proxy to watch it online the rest of the day and evening.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 01:01 (Ref:2236249)   #234
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
Some of Carlton's comments were EYE OPENING to say the least, almost like he doesn't know what he was talking about!
"Wurz does a 3:19!!"
other commentator: "Carlton, they're the best lap times..."

Quote:
Web feed in HD was nice
HD?

Quote:
Neville Hay was more than welcomed and he stated he's ready to do this every year, more power too him!
If I remember correctly during the Group C Legend race he said he had thought this would be his last Le Mans but he would like to come again.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2236471)   #235
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
"Wurz does a 3:19!!"
other commentator: "Carlton, they're the best lap times..."

HD?

If I remember correctly during the Group C Legend race he said he had thought this would be his last Le Mans but he would like to come again.

Carlton has made some off the wall comments during DTM and LMS races.... Is he getting senile?

The French proxy feed was in HD, no SD picture is that clear! Especially broadcasted over the 'net and at full screen the picture quailty didn't degrade, so yes it was in HD, maybe 720p??

I heard that comment too, but most of these guys are likely to be back as Le Mans gets bigger and better seemingly every year now.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 07:49 (Ref:2237030)   #236
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know if race highlights are likely to be broadcast?

ITV4 seem to be creeping ever closer with the occasional half-hour programme, but can we expect anything from Eurosport or anyone else?
Old 25 Jun 2008, 14:57 (Ref:2237295)   #237
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux
Does anyone know if race highlights are likely to be broadcast?

ITV4 seem to be creeping ever closer with the occasional half-hour programme, but can we expect anything from Eurosport or anyone else?

I was about to ask the same question, I have searched through Eurosports future schedule but haven't seen anything yet. I know in past years they have put together a 2 hr highlights package a few weeks after.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2237565)   #238
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Emillian Stoyko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't get to the full pan-european ratings. So there are the numbers just for British Eurosport:
start - 99 000 viewers, most watched programme of the week
finish - 71 000 viewers
segment at around 12 (I think that was a highlights segment, not a live one) - 64 000 viewers
segment sunday 10am - 56 000
Old 28 Jun 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2239200)   #239
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives!
I was about to ask the same question, I have searched through Eurosports future schedule but haven't seen anything yet. I know in past years they have put together a 2 hr highlights package a few weeks after.
You can download the entire race, broken up into I believe 4 pars.

If you wanna wait for "highlighted" coverage, that's great, but there are other options I just thought I would let you know...
Old 28 Jun 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2239364)   #240
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
not the same for the French versions, by far MotorsTV coverage is better than the mediocre ones of Europsort France

still there is no sence to have 2 pan-european broascasters covering the same series !
Old 29 Jun 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2239615)   #241
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm noticing a trend here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21
If Eurosport can steal Andrew Marriott who is an outstanding pit reporter
Quote:
Neville Hay was more than welcomed
Quote:
If I remember correctly during the Group C Legend race he said he had thought this would be his last Le Mans
Andrew Marriott and Neville Hay have a combined age of 140, so while neither is old enough to remember the first 24 hours of Le Mans, they aren't going to last for ever.

I wouldn't expect to hear Neville again, and Andrew probably only has another two or three years in him.

Neville, incidentally, fell asleep during one of his commentary shifts.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 08:52 (Ref:2240276)   #242
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You can download the entire race, broken up into I believe 4 pars.

If you wanna wait for "highlighted" coverage, that's great, but there are other options I just thought I would let you know...
Thanks

Do you mean "download"? If so, where?

When I check on the Eurosport website, I can find four portions of highlights, but can't download them.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2240299)   #243
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
I'm noticing a trend here:

Andrew Marriott and Neville Hay have a combined age of 140, so while neither is old enough to remember the first 24 hours of Le Mans, they aren't going to last for ever.

I wouldn't expect to hear Neville again, and Andrew probably only has another two or three years in him.

Neville, incidentally, fell asleep during one of his commentary shifts.
Older or not I'd rather listen to someone like Neville than someone like James Allen - youth doesn't always bring talent and certainly rarely brings experience.

I find Neville's voice evocative of a previous age, he is such an interesting chap, I sat with him at a dinner some years ago and could have listened to him for hours.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 10:16 (Ref:2245073)   #244
sceptic
Veteran

Apparntly Neville suffered a heart attack on Friday evening.
Old 16 Jul 2008, 02:43 (Ref:2251684)   #245
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hope he gets better soon.

Re. Eurosport, the HD channel launched in the UK today, so that should mean Le Mans in HD, and possibly LMS in time.
Old 16 Jul 2008, 08:01 (Ref:2251796)   #246
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
I've only just seen this, is there any update?
Old 17 Jul 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2252501)   #247
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
I've only just seen this, is there any update?
I'm told he had surgery and is fine now.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2252506)   #248
Piglet
Veteran

That's good news, thanks for the update.
Old 14 Aug 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2269291)   #249
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I thought would be good idea to bump this thread as there will be 3½+ hours of the 1000km Nurb (schedule here). Any chance someone other than Kirby to be in the booth?

Last edited by deggis; 14 Aug 2008 at 21:12.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2269657)   #250
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Emillian Stoyko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Haven is a pit reporter for Radio Le Mans, so Kirby is my best guess. There is a BTCC meeting so no Simon Hill.

BTW, the big news is there is going to be qualifyng highlights on saturday - 16 CET. It will be 30 minutes long.