Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 30 May 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3081805)   #226
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Ben Constanduros will be in the pitlane this year for Eurosport.
Old 30 May 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3081814)   #227
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Obviously no Stuart Hall on the booth this year as he'll be busy with Pesca's driving duties.
Old 30 May 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3082057)   #228
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
I believe Ben Constanduros will be in the pitlane this year for Eurosport.

Is he related to Bob?
Old 30 May 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3082061)   #229
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is he related to Bob?
Bob's son I believe. It's quite a distinctive family name, so... it's rather obvious there should be a relation.
Old 30 May 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3082062)   #230
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Ben is Bob's son.

He's on WTCC duties this season for Eurosport.
Old 30 May 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3082064)   #231
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
sorry if it's been asked, but does anyone know if the WEC will be streaming the event?

Otherwise, will be on the hunt for signal around the Yorkshire area.......
Old 30 May 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3082065)   #232
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
someone will be doing live streaming, check on here on the day and someone will post a link
Old 30 May 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3082067)   #233
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Eurosport Player has a one-off cost of £4.99 for the month if you can't be bothered delving into the dodgier bits of the Internet.

Looks like they've ditched the abomination that is Silverlight as well. Woo.
Old 30 May 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3082096)   #234
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
that'll do me just fine, thanks.

couple of enquiries, if i may:

1. Does it have a library (ie: can I watch the Giro d'Italia coverage from last month)

2. Has anyone tried on an iPad? Simply because it has loads of bad review complaining about the fact it's not free, but few about the software itself - might borrow one if its any good

will not ask any more questions, because i don't want to clog up the thread

Last edited by Rodger Davies; 30 May 2012 at 20:35.
Old 30 May 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3082126)   #235
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dunno about iLame but there is an archive for broadcasts. Not all are are stored but you do get mos of the major ones, with various comms (sometimes in natural sounds too). Gotta say, the quality has improved quite a bit this year

There's sometimes a separate stream for events not shown live on telly, for example the Monaco FR3.5 race last weekend
Old 31 May 2012, 06:46 (Ref:3082252)   #236
Deleted
Veteran

Just checked the provisional schedule for Wednesday... looks as if they'll only be showing the second half of the free practice session, again
Old 31 May 2012, 07:01 (Ref:3082259)   #237
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I can't wait for th build-up to start. I hope they have that awkward little bloke who struggles with live televison and producers talking in his ear. He brings a certain cringy charm.
Old 31 May 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3082261)   #238
Deleted
Veteran

You mean Robbie... yes he is a class act for sure, hehe. Every show needs a comic relief!

"Johnny, umm, what do you think about the, ehh, Audi that is, of course, fighting for the pole position... here at, umm, Le Mans, of course it's pretty special isn't it... tonight."
"Well I think..."
"Wait a minute Johnny, I think we have, err, Justine in the pits with, eh, Giancarlo Fisichella, who of course, is in GT which, as we know, is highly competitive, umm, this year. So, let's hear from them... now"

Last edited by Deleted; 31 May 2012 at 07:12.
Old 31 May 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3082284)   #239
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
You mean Robbie... yes he is a class act for sure, hehe. Every show needs a comic relief!

"Johnny, umm, what do you think about the, ehh, Audi that is, of course, fighting for the pole position... here at, umm, Le Mans, of course it's pretty special isn't it... tonight."
"Well I think..."
"Wait a minute Johnny, I think we have, err, Justine in the pits with, eh, Giancarlo Fisichella, who of course, is in GT which, as we know, is highly competitive, umm, this year. So, let's hear from them... now"

That's the guy!
Old 1 Jun 2012, 02:52 (Ref:3082995)   #240
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Looks like they've ditched the abomination that is Silverlight as well. Woo.
According to...? The FAQ still mentions Silverlight, it's mentioned before the subscription page too and the test video is also Silverlight... and generally most things just look the same than last year.

Somebody who already has subscribed, could post a screenshot because it tells more than 1000 words. And preferably when something is playing so it gives idea of the good quality too. I mean if it has actually changed (= not using Silverlight).

Or is there a difference between eurosportplayer.co.uk (?) and my local version? If I remember correctly, HD option wasn't available in the local versions last year.

Last edited by deggis; 1 Jun 2012 at 03:07.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3083007)   #241
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
that'll do me just fine, thanks.

couple of enquiries, if i may:

1. Does it have a library (ie: can I watch the Giro d'Italia coverage from last month)

2. Has anyone tried on an iPad? Simply because it has loads of bad review complaining about the fact it's not free, but few about the software itself - might borrow one if its any good

will not ask any more questions, because i don't want to clog up the thread
I have it on iPad and it's brilliant, although the only downside is there's no back catalogue. The live streaming is faultless though
Old 1 Jun 2012, 07:26 (Ref:3083060)   #242
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Okay, so the Eurosport player does still use Silverlight...
Old 1 Jun 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3083065)   #243
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Somebody who already has subscribed, could post a screenshot because it tells more than 1000 words. And preferably when something is playing so it gives idea of the good quality too. I mean if it has actually changed (= not using Silverlight).

And yes it does still use silverlight, but IMO it's been considerably less laggy lately.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3083981)   #244
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks like you can get it in France too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosport App. FAQ
Can I access the service when I'm abroad?

Eurosport Player service will be accessible in all European countries where the application is available for purchase in the App Store. As of end 2011 Eurosport Payer is available in the following countries:
France, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Finland, Norway, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Russia (to come), Poland (to come), Switzerland (to come), Spain (to come)

However please note that the service you receive when you change countries will be that of the country in question (video and audio) with relevant variations in sports rights associated with the geographical location.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 06:16 (Ref:3084137)   #245
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
The tv guide on eurosport.com shows the schedule for the week (but not yet Sunday, since it only shows 14 days forwards):

http://tv.eurosport.com/tvschedule.shtml

Change domain as it varies between the localized channels. Btw, co.uk schedule shows that only 1 hour of Saturday is on Eurosport 2.

And 24 minutes of Comedy
Quote:
Presented by Robbie Nock (Wales) and Sebastian Tiffert (Germany)
Also the 30 minutes of Brainfart/Blackout continues i.e. putting above comedy show on the main channel when the race is running (while live race is on ES2).

Last edited by deggis; 3 Jun 2012 at 06:33.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:15 (Ref:3084162)   #246
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Also the 30 minutes of Brainfart/Blackout continues i.e. putting above comedy show on the main channel when the race is running (while live race is on ES2).
Well that's hardly a problem since you can just ignore the Robbie show and switch to Eurosport 2? Obviously they put their magazine show on the main channel
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3084170)   #247
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Well that's hardly a problem since you can just ignore the Robbie show and switch to Eurosport 2? Obviously they put their magazine show on the main channel
I probably can if I get the ES Player, but many people probably can't as 2 has much smaller reach.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:26 (Ref:3084175)   #248
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
I probably can if I get the ES Player, but many people probably can't as 2 has much smaller reach.
I think the Speed TV web streaming (that is on whenever the main channel is not broadcasting) is your source then, though I haven't yet seen the schedule for that yet... you don't need US proxy for that, well at least you didn't in the past
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3084184)   #249
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I meant that ES Player is my primary plan anyway I was just worried generally about the situation.

Would be interesting to know the how much the viewership drops during the comedy show. If it drops. Why else would they keep doing this.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3084186)   #250
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
I meant that ES Player is my primary plan anyway
Yeah but if it wasn't (or the Player crashes) that's a possible plan B
Closed Thread