Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jan 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3183554)   #226
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess like the rest of the grid then.

I see no reason for singling him out. It seems you either have to love him or hate him here - shame.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3183667)   #227
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Lotus 49 and Ferrari 312 get my vote!
Almost with you there - Lotus 72 and Ferrari 312 T4... and I have to include the Shadow DN5 - don't ask why, I have no reasonable explanation...
Old 2 Jan 2013, 00:20 (Ref:3183683)   #228
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[QUOTE=nicanary;3183262]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Lol, .[/QUOT

I wouldn't laugh too much - the way things are going in F1 we might finish up with larger versions of those. Electronically controlled from the pits with dummies in the car - oh,hold on a sec... Hambo....
Might as well play rFactor instead, at least you get to 'drive' the car.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3183685)   #229
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Just beautiful! *I may have posted this image several times before*

That's a beaut. I never noticed those flanges in front of the front suspension before.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 02:55 (Ref:3183708)   #230
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I love the colour of the rims in contrast to the paintwork, its a beautiful car that's for sure..
Old 2 Jan 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3183983)   #231
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Note: This thread was started as a reaction to the number of driver threads that get started. It will be interesting to see which one sinks without trace the first.
Still going!
People playing nice, not stinking the thread up, lots of beautiful cars to gaze at.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3184878)   #232
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's a beaut. I never noticed those flanges in front of the front suspension before.
The more I look at this car the more I love it... I can imagine this car in several different colours...

Thank's Scott...
Old 5 Jan 2013, 00:43 (Ref:3184922)   #233
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
The more I look at this car the more I love it... I can imagine this car in several different colours...

Thank's Scott...
I loved these 6 wheelers, the March 2-4-0 and Williams FW08D

Our own Jeremy Smith I believe?!

Great pic!
Old 5 Jan 2013, 01:09 (Ref:3184927)   #234
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are there any pictures in existence with an airbox, engine cover and rear bodywork?
The March could have thing of some beauty.
But of course, as with so many F1 breakthroughs it was never developed to i'ts potential because of politics.
Think of the things we have missed out seeing
Old 5 Jan 2013, 01:23 (Ref:3184929)   #235
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Old 5 Jan 2013, 04:28 (Ref:3184947)   #236
wnut
Veteran

Old 5 Jan 2013, 04:30 (Ref:3184949)   #237
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Are there any pictures in existence with an airbox, engine cover and rear bodywork?
The March could have thing of some beauty.
But of course, as with so many F1 breakthroughs it was never developed to i'ts potential because of politics.
Think of the things we have missed out seeing
Above is one.
The rear bodywork was prohibited by the rules AFAIK.

Would have loved to have seen these cars run, as they should have been allowed to!

Ian Scheckter (brother of Jody) testing the original in anger in Rothmans' colours.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 10:14 (Ref:3185013)   #238
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post

Thank's Scott...
Like Rob Walker's if the Goodwood crash hadn't happened? Sir Stirling said in the recent documentary that he would have continued until his 50s.

Mind you, by then the Walker/Moss combo might have fallen out with the machiavellan nature of Enzo and his cohorts. Probably he would have been driving Seppi's Lotus 49.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3185119)   #239
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I loved these 6 wheelers, the March 2-4-0 and Williams FW08D

Our own Jeremy Smith I believe?!

Great pic!
That is a great looking car, unfortunately it's not me driving it.. I would need way more than tarmac runoff ...
Old 5 Jan 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3185120)   #240
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Despite having an extra axle and two extra wheels, it looks tiny!
Old 5 Jan 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3185179)   #241
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was struck by that too!
Old 5 Jan 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3185212)   #242
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It does look tiny,

Then again the 761, on which it was based doesn't seem to be a big car either.

Old 5 Jan 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3185238)   #243
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's a real looker of a car - in either configuration!
Old 5 Jan 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3185256)   #244
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Like Rob Walker's if the Goodwood crash hadn't happened?
My thought exactly.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 06:22 (Ref:3185817)   #245
IndyDonut
Racer

United States
New York City
IndyDonut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rookie here.
So my favorites are generally most of the late 80s to super early 2000s cars.
McLaren MP4/3 to MP4/8 were brilliant. Then the MP4/12 to MP4/20. Lets just say I love the way the Macas looked.
Ferrari 640, 641, 642 were beautiful, with an engine that sounded like bliss. The F1/87 was bad-ass, too.
The Ferrari F2002, nothing needs to be said. Perfect in every way.
Williams FW10, FW11/B, FW14/B, FW15C, FW16 all amazing. More modern times, the FW19 to FW25 all looked tremendous.
Lotus 97T and 98T were lovely. The 79 was, of course, a legend, as was the 88.
I really couldn't pick a favorite among those cars, all had something that made me adore them, whether a crazy turbo, or a high-revving V10, and all with an appealing design.
However, gun to my head, I pick three runners up and nominate one for my winner.
4) Ferrari 641
3) McLaren MP4/5B (sidepods are cool)
2) Williams FW15C
The winner (and wish IndyCar's new spec car looked something like this):
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/image...191-Ford_4.jpg