Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Oct 2004, 19:53 (Ref:1131035)   #226
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would have thought it was fairly important for race officials to know who was in the car at any given point, not to mention commentators, spectators and journalists.
Old 21 Oct 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1131124)   #227
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...and me! Ian, noticed the result sheet from the Uniroyal Beetles only had the team names on! How bad is that for us people who need to know who's driving. Seroisly Steve, it is a problem and shouldn't take too much time to sort. I'm now off to see Mickey Mouse and his friends so hope you all have fun at the next few meetings-stay safe!!!!!!
Old 21 Oct 2004, 20:56 (Ref:1131143)   #228
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was including you in 'journalists' Baz!

When I was commentating on the Beetles I did know who was in one of the cars, but not the other 18...
Old 22 Oct 2004, 16:25 (Ref:1132135)   #229
KennyG
Racer

KennyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Wood 2
Just to quash the rumours that have been rife today :-

THE BRITSPORTS/GOLD ARTS RACE AT CROFT ON SATURDAY HAS NOT, REPEAT N-O-T BEEN CANCELLED !!!
Steve, Croft are saying it is and the Britcar will be from 4pm to 6pm. I am totally confused, which isn't unusual for me.

Professional Motorsport Photographer
Old 22 Oct 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1132184)   #230
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Steve Wood 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft update.

Significant overnight developments - contrary to my earlier post, the Britsports race IS now cancelled, due to only a handful of competitors likely to turn up.

Sorry I couldn't post this earlier, EERC decision made at 9.00 this morning, and I had no way of posting until I got home from work.

The Britcar programme is now brought forward, ie,

Sign-on / Scrutineering 13.30
Qualifying 15.00 - 15.45
Race 16.00 - 18.00

All competitors have been informed by 'phone this morning.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 18:29 (Ref:1132243)   #231
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps this should read that "most" competitors are only willing to run no further north Donington. I'd be interested in driver feedback after the event. The Mini 7 RC have in the past given members (drivers)a pick of about 12 circuits (included european tracks)and a vote was taken where they would prefer to race with the highest amount obviously going at the top of the pile. Perhaps this could be done to prevent un-interested parties not entering with the race organisors having to knock races on the head at the last minute which does nothing to help the cause and puts a lot of people like marshals off from commiting themselves to EERC meetings in the future. Last year the Mighty Minis ran at Snetterton I think about three times whilst not racing at other well known circuits-this did not go down too well with competitors that year. Lets think things through properly and get advice from the people that do all the driving where they want to race (or marshal)in good time which SHOULD prevent poor turn-outs in the future.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 18:52 (Ref:1132257)   #232
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does the britcar race have to move earlier, thought it was a night race! Us northern based people have to travel down south every weekend to race, dont understand why people down south complain about 1 meeting at Croft!
Old 22 Oct 2004, 19:00 (Ref:1132260)   #233
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was looking forward to seeing a night race, oh well guess I will have to head to Donington in 2 weeks time as well.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 21:43 (Ref:1132428)   #234
KennyG
Racer

Steve, I'll see you tomorrow lunchtime anyway.

This is a fiasco as far as I am concerned and it will be interesting to get the reasons for not coming from the drivers who have chickened out. We could run a 'best excuse for not coming' contest in Autosport.

Not a happy bunny.....

Old 23 Oct 2004, 19:18 (Ref:1133127)   #235
DelaRonde
Racer

Canada
Cardiff
DelaRonde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have the same "excuse" as Silverstone, Schnell Beetle won't start........at least the Beemer used to start !!

Means I had to do a 40 mile bike ride/swim in the deluge this morning and the same again tomorrow.....should be lighter for Donington.

Hope everyone had fun.

Del
Old 23 Oct 2004, 19:48 (Ref:1133135)   #236
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just got back and that was good fun. A fantastic drive by Reidy to take 2nd and he had fantastic dice with David Lesile. Lets hope for more of the same at Donington in 2 weeks time....
Old 23 Oct 2004, 19:56 (Ref:1133140)   #237
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've also just got back and I thought that was the best one I have seen so far in terms of drivers driving out their skin! A special mention for Reid in the MG and Jackson in the Focus, they both really pushed hard and had fantastic drives, very enjoyable to watch (plus I made some notes on there lines and driving style!)
Old 23 Oct 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1133143)   #238
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Reid really drove the pants of thing. I said to the lad that I went with on the 1st lap of qualifying that's Reidy in the car you could just tell.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 20:07 (Ref:1133151)   #239
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was flat out through the chicane (that's BTCC for you) and was about the only one to keep his foot planted on the go pedal through there! closely follwed by Jackson in second who was also very quick and dedicated. In fact Reidy was in fact macking two gear changes after Hawthorn one flat out on the power before the turn in to the chicane and at times one as he was taking the kerb through the chicane! phenomenal!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1133652)   #240
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Steve Wood 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anthony Reid and David Leslie certainly showed their class yesterday, as did Dom Lesniewski in the Marcos.

Just a pity that the pink Porsche and Simpson's Marcos didn't go the distance.

Matt Jackson was sensational - a great performance, despite being hindered by having legend Colin Stancombe in his back-up crew ! ("Still blundering along, old chap").

Full report on Dalysportscar and the EERC site late tomorrow or Tuesday.

Wilbo, sorry I didn't have time to chat, but hope you saw what you wanted.

New EERC site should be launched Wednesday.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 10:29 (Ref:1133666)   #241
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I just about recovered from a good day yesterday and I have sorted out some pictures too and I have just uploaded them and you can find them here

I for one am looking forward to Donington in 2 weeks time.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 11:09 (Ref:1133696)   #242
Colin_King
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes UK
Colin_King should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Antony Reid and Fiona Leggate for a good 2nd place overall and giving the Handkammer/Leslie car a run for it's money.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 18:31 (Ref:1135465)   #243
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all the guys & girls racing on Saturday, a cracking race between the BMW & the MG. Shame about the Marcos' & Porsche, both quick enough to be up there.

Top marks to Mr Jackson in the Focus, considering that the car was in the air with Mr Stancombe under it trying to fix the suspension with 5 minutes to go to close the pit lane (I was flagging on Pit Lane exit BTW). (Oh, another BTW - nice hat Colin! - team pink races on )

As for not running to original planned times, I think it worked out better - the swamp conditions needing clearing at Sunny would have meant a struggle if we'd have had to get the Britsports race & practice in as well, and the Britcar race ran upto almost darkness, so the effect was getting there - try it again next week at Donington.

Hope to see the EERC back at Croft in 2005.

Al.

Last edited by Alan Green; 25 Oct 2004 at 18:32.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1135523)   #244
craig hope
Racer

England
near darlington
craig hope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well croft to far north how come there was a full grid of britcars then...loads of mg's, ff2000, max5, and the great DDMC.these had driver's from southampton,,bournemouth,,guernsey,,west lothian,,
i was at the circuit on friday and the driver from car 66 (britsport)had turned up from rhodes...

come on to far north seems a bad excuse....
Old 26 Oct 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1136813)   #245
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig
Croft is a fantastic circuit, and its very easy for me to say not a difficult journey (i do not have to transport car etc so i had the luxury of arriving by train Saturday morning). Well done to everyone involved, what was looking like a disaster Saturday morning turned into a real classic race. (just a shame my driving was not classic lol).

All i ask is the owners of Croft to build us a nice cafe and toilets pleaseeeeeee

MP
Old 26 Oct 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1136814)   #246
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh and i forgot to add, watch out for nutty women chatting you up on Darlington station, she had to be nutty chatting me up

MP
Old 26 Oct 2004, 23:26 (Ref:1137197)   #247
KennyG
Racer

Some of my shots from the weekend are on the EERC site www.eerc.co.uk and my own website www.motorpix.co.uk (the last gallery).

Croft circuit shifted many thousands of gallons of water from Sunny (unfortunate choice of name for that bend) on Saturday morning and they deserve a big thanks from all of us as, without their efforts, it would have been more suited to submarines than cars.

There were a few cars missing from the Britcar line up and that is down to the travelling distance. I would at this point like to dispel the rumour that Croft is in the Arctic circle and has polar bears wandering the circuit. It is actually less than 10 minutes off the A1 and is staffed by really nice quaint northern folk (one myself) who will do anything for a packet of cigarettes or a pint of beer (hang on while I put the whippet out).

Not only was the Britcar race worth the effort for me, but the drifting MX5's and the mad hatters driving Maestros on Sunday were entertaining to say the least.

Drive of the evening had to be Reid/Leggate and watching Fiona flat out around Croft in semi-darkness with no lights made one wonder if she had good night vision or was practicing for the drive home. The cheers when they were awarded their trophies came from everyone in the pit lane, spectators, press, marshals and competitors alike. A very popular class win.

I don't know what it takes to get Britcar and similar series to take Croft and Oulton Park seriously, but I hope they realise that there is a world beyond Watford Gap and we are always pleased to see them up here.

Old 27 Oct 2004, 07:56 (Ref:1137402)   #248
craig hope
Racer

England
near darlington
craig hope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
martinparsons i was a marshal, i see from the programme a marcos mantis....nice.....were did you finish high up i hope... what a car anthony reid / fiona leggate have seemed very fast for a 2000...or is it the driver...

as a marshal who has never done a race for more than 45 mins before i expected to be bored after a while but what a good race, cars fighting for places from green flag to end. not like other races that are more famous once first lap complete they might aswell only do 5 laps because you never see a car pass after that.......
hope you guys and girls all come back.....

thanks for a good race with some good cars...........
Old 27 Oct 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1138100)   #249
johndpeat
Racer

johndpeat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason the MG is so quick is it is running a marginaly de-tuned MG-Judd engine as used in the BTCC car.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 19:44 (Ref:1138122)   #250
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... And I thought it was just the loose nut behind the wheel making it shift a bit

Craig, Croft'll have at least one long race next year with the British GT's returning, but what we really want is another EERC visit (PLEASE )

Al.