Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Mar 2007, 22:22 (Ref:1854968)   #226
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I noticed that the car ran with Michelin tires during the test. Didn't Martin say that he wanted to use Dunlops? What happened here? Did the car just come that way, and the adjustments/tire swap to happen later? The pic where I found this is at Endurance Info. Or was Pescarolo guys testing the car?
Old 1 Mar 2007, 22:24 (Ref:1854969)   #227
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Boullion did the shakedown of the car and then Short did some laps. I guess the car was on Michelin because these are the tyres Pescarolo has in their shop.

During the test in Estoril Rollcentre shall test Dunlops.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 23:31 (Ref:1861916)   #228
Dragaan
Rookie

Dragaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollcentre
There should be a digital scheme of how the car will look on dsc shortly.
Martin has authorised me to post the attached digital image of the Pescarolo prior to its official reveal. A full writeup will be appearing on DSC. Other sponsors will be added to it in due time.

So, without further ado, Madigital Media presents the 2007 Rollcentre Racing Pescarolo.

Old 9 Mar 2007, 00:02 (Ref:1861922)   #229
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not as stunning as the old blue/white/green paintjobs, imho.
Old 9 Mar 2007, 02:34 (Ref:1861979)   #230
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yum. I'd like to see a little more green trim, but the shade of blue is quite pretty.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Mar 2007, 05:30 (Ref:1862034)   #231
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also am a little disappointed by the relative plainness of the livery, but I can understand the critical feature of it is the emphasis of the primary sponsor.

The blue, which we've seen "in the flesh" in the testing photos, is quite fetching! I was really hoping for the pinstripes to return though.
Old 9 Mar 2007, 06:43 (Ref:1862055)   #232
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Looks nice , but needs a green splitter , at least !!!
Old 9 Mar 2007, 07:12 (Ref:1862067)   #233
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks fine, but no more than that (sorry!). Henri will be pleased to see a 'little bit of green', but the white/blue will certainly differentiate between the Rollcentre Pesca and the Pesca Pesca's.
Old 9 Mar 2007, 07:44 (Ref:1862080)   #234
Dragaan
Rookie

We went through a large number of different designs with varying amounts of green etc (including the splitter), and some of which were pretty much 'off the wall'. However, Martins emphasis has always been on the Deutsche Bank X-Markets colours due to their massive input into his racing. His car was designed to reflect that. The sad truth is that even the green on the mirrors may not be retained in the end although Martin desired to have a little green somewhere to represent Rollcentre if at all possible.

At the end of the day, if all goes to plan, the car will be travelling so fast at the front of the pack that you'll only get time to cheer as it goes whizzing past you. There wont be any time to sit and discuss the niceties of a little colouring over your tea and biscuits!

If I get permission off Martin, it might be nice to show the evolution of the design from the initial concepts through to completion.
Old 9 Mar 2007, 07:50 (Ref:1862087)   #235
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anything, I would have simply gone with a darker blue, I think that'd be enough to satisfy me.
Old 9 Mar 2007, 08:15 (Ref:1862102)   #236
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I liked the Blue and Green of the Dallara's I think the new colour scheme is very good. I think the slightly brighter blue (or is it my old eyes...) should stand out better both trackside and on TV. The white lettering should help there too, which at the end of the day is part of the reason why DB part with their money, to get their name and brand across.

Hopefully the green mirrors will stay though, to keep the Rollcentre identity!

Good to see Phil Keen's sponsors are on board too....
Old 9 Mar 2007, 08:49 (Ref:1862133)   #237
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RS500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
which at the end of the day is part of the reason why DB part with their money, to get their name and brand across.
exactly the whole point of the livery is to advertise the sponsors. Draagan has worked with the team to produce a livery that best suits the interests of Martin and the sponsors.

looks great, all the best for the season Martin
Old 9 Mar 2007, 10:00 (Ref:1862179)   #238
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragaan
We went through a large number of different designs with varying amounts of green etc (including the splitter), and some of which were pretty much 'off the wall'.
One suggestion might be , the white print should be luminous at least .
Im no art student but , i reckon you guys could do a more eye catching color scheme that the one above . Im not nit picking , just being honest !!!

What about luminous pin stripes ..... or a dayglo green top of roll hoop , or green headlight interiors . Just something to catch the eye .

Im sorry I cant show you what I think , as I said , im no art student .
Old 9 Mar 2007, 10:08 (Ref:1862191)   #239
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
What about luminous pin stripes ..... or a dayglo green top of roll hoop , or green headlight interiors . Just something to catch the eye .
you obviously didn't read all of draagans post. Martin wanted as little green as possible.
Old 9 Mar 2007, 10:15 (Ref:1862199)   #240
Dragaan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
One suggestion might be , the white print should be luminous at least .
Im no art student but , i reckon you guys could do a more eye catching color scheme that the one above . Im not nit picking , just being honest !!!

Im sorry I cant show you what I think , as I said , im no art student .
Thats fair enough, but at the end of the day, it's not about what I wanted, but about what Martin wants. Trust me, all the things you mentioned were actually presented amongst the over 20 designs we produced (including one with a union jack festooning the nose!). But it was our job to come up with ideas, present them to Martin and let him make the final decisions as to what he wanted. Sometimes they were small changes, sometimes large. Often he'd ask to see what an idea looked like and then reject it. That is the advantage of having your car designed on the PC; you get to play around with it before applying paint to carbon. The customer is always right!
Old 9 Mar 2007, 10:30 (Ref:1862206)   #241
The Badger
Veteran

Green nose or rear wing endplates ? Can always be said to be an id motif *wink* .

I understand what your saying , and can appreciate it too . I didnt say it looked bad , just could be a little more eye catching is all . But , wait until its seen in the flesh too , that often looks better than a PC image .

You should ask Martin to take a look at this thread , he may (or may not) get some colorful information from reading peoples comments .

Anyway ..... I'll be one of the anoracks out there this year hoping for some great results from Rollcentre ..... best of luck all round .
Old 9 Mar 2007, 10:32 (Ref:1862207)   #242
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Martin does look at this thread and has posted a few pages back
Old 9 Mar 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1862210)   #243
The Badger
Veteran

I know ..... maybe he should take another peek .
Old 9 Mar 2007, 10:50 (Ref:1862218)   #244
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
I think he is busy enjoying Portugese sun, sorry, busy testing at the moment....
Old 9 Mar 2007, 10:58 (Ref:1862220)   #245
The Badger
Veteran

Are Rollcentre testing in Estoril now ?!

Any word on how the test is going ?
Old 9 Mar 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1862223)   #246
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Personally I like the simple approach to liveries, makes it easier for all of the sections to work together. There's nothing worse than having pin stripes that don't line up between the different body sections!

Anyway lets worry about how fast and reliable it is over the coming months, thats the important thing!

I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping for plenty of podiums, for Shortie, Joao and Phil over the coming season. And a win at Silverstone would be fantastic after the heartache of last season (especially Donington)
Old 9 Mar 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1862335)   #247
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it! Go Rollcentre!
Old 10 Mar 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1863003)   #248
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Must say that I liked the LMP2 paint scheme best, but this one isn't bad either. And if Martin and the Sponsors want it like that...
Old 10 Mar 2007, 16:59 (Ref:1863153)   #249
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragaan
We went through a large number of different designs with varying amounts of green etc (including the splitter), and some of which were pretty much 'off the wall'. However, Martins emphasis has always been on the Deutsche Bank X-Markets colours due to their massive input into his racing. His car was designed to reflect that. The sad truth is that even the green on the mirrors may not be retained in the end although Martin desired to have a little green somewhere to represent Rollcentre if at all possible.

At the end of the day, if all goes to plan, the car will be travelling so fast at the front of the pack that you'll only get time to cheer as it goes whizzing past you. There wont be any time to sit and discuss the niceties of a little colouring over your tea and biscuits!

If I get permission off Martin, it might be nice to show the evolution of the design from the initial concepts through to completion.
dragaan that render looks a hell of a lot like a modified pescarolo model by JPBS which was released for GTR1 is it?
Old 10 Mar 2007, 22:07 (Ref:1863361)   #250
Dragaan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
dragaan that render looks a hell of a lot like a modified pescarolo model by JPBS which was released for GTR1 is it?
No. Its not a modified model.