Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Nov 2015, 07:45 (Ref:3592598)   #2526
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And now that I think about it there was also another who raced in the for runner to the DTM.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 09:17 (Ref:3592613)   #2527
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Cheers. How'd he go?
Brock's car broke on the startline, they eventually got it fixed and they turned laps in the race, but many many laps down

Johnny Cecotto was a DTM racer when he joined Longhurst for that same 1992 race, though in the context of V8Supercar-spec cars that doesn't really count in this thread.

Klaus Neidzweidz was a German STW competitor when he drove the Moffat Falcon in 1996

In the Group A era, we had alot of DTM runners racing here.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3592644)   #2528
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Johnny Cecotto had that great nickname "Johnny Chook Lotto"
Old 23 Nov 2015, 11:21 (Ref:3592647)   #2529
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Alex Zoelling, engineer for LMS..
Yep, otherwise known up and down the pitlane as Herman. Then there is of course Paul Cepernich and I may be wrong but didn't Ludo have some DTM in his background?

There have been some others too but damned if I can remember their real names LOL.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 11:27 (Ref:3592649)   #2530
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ludo has STW and BTCC background, but probably DTM as well.

I'm gonna say the name Wayne Gardner
Old 23 Nov 2015, 16:14 (Ref:3592715)   #2531
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Soper of course!

(except his 1000 win doesn't count )
Old 23 Nov 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3592761)   #2532
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

I'm gonna say the name Wayne Gardner
Well this guy was a little more successful on 4 wheels.

And keeping in mind the long and sometimes complicated history of the DTM and it's forerunners.....John Fitzpatrick, Bathurst Winner and DRM competitor in Touring and GT cars.

But now I've gone well off topic.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 23:29 (Ref:3592826)   #2533
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
I think you missed the point of my comments.....

He had his time back then, made his mark and moved on, with all his song and dance about it. He should have never come back the way he did and I think he knew he'd do more damage to his record by hanging around. I'll give him credit for what he did this year, and that's as far as I go with him.
No I got your point. ALL Ford fans thought Ambrose was god. Not entirely true. Re read your post. I'm just highlighting that 'god worship' it isn't just restricted to the blue side.
You don't like the guy, obvious. You don't like Ford or Ford fans? That's cool too. Just remember there's just as many fanbio's swimming in the red pond who thought Brock, Lowndes and Skaife were gods during the peak of their careers too. Made worse by media beat ups.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 23:30 (Ref:3592827)   #2534
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Johnny Cecotto had that great nickname "Johnny Chook Lotto"
Christian Danner's mechanics use to call him 'Christmas Dinner'
Old 25 Nov 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3593218)   #2535
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So does Mr Waters struggle to get speed out of the current #6 paint the Supergirls effort in a different light?

I think it illustrates what a solid effort it was.
Old 25 Nov 2015, 12:02 (Ref:3593223)   #2536
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So does Mr Waters struggle to get speed out of the current #6 paint the Supergirls effort in a different light?

He has gotten speed out it, but the racecraft is arguably still too raw to keep it on the track...
Old 26 Nov 2015, 01:42 (Ref:3593368)   #2537
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
No I got your point. ALL Ford fans thought Ambrose was god. Not entirely true. Re read your post. I'm just highlighting that 'god worship' it isn't just restricted to the blue side.
You don't like the guy, obvious. You don't like Ford or Ford fans? That's cool too. Just remember there's just as many fanbio's swimming in the red pond who thought Brock, Lowndes and Skaife were gods during the peak of their careers too. Made worse by media beat ups.
Every Ford fan I know wanted to #@$% the bloke whilst he was around winning. They couldn't get enough and I always kept a bucket of cold water handy.

I don't mind Fords, and there's only certain Ford fans I don't like. In the case Mr Ambrose, his smug arrogance just turned me off. There was times during his run in NASCAR that I just couldn't stand it there. I was happy the day he announced he leaving NASCAR.

There's plenty of god worshiping in the category, and will always be the case. And the way the media works, that's another discussion/thread that we could start.

I have my favorite drivers I follow, my favorite cars, manufacturers and teams across many categories. But have never found myself god worshiping any of them, whilst no other driver has given me the s@#t's like he has.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 05:37 (Ref:3593396)   #2538
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Every Ford fan I know wanted to #@$% the bloke whilst he was around winning. They couldn't get enough and I always kept a bucket of cold water handy.

I don't mind Fords, and there's only certain Ford fans I don't like. In the case Mr Ambrose, his smug arrogance just turned me off. There was times during his run in NASCAR that I just couldn't stand it there. I was happy the day he announced he leaving NASCAR.

There's plenty of god worshiping in the category, and will always be the case. And the way the media works, that's another discussion/thread that we could start.

I have my favorite drivers I follow, my favorite cars, manufacturers and teams across many categories. But have never found myself god worshiping any of them, whilst no other driver has given me the s@#t's like he has.
Ok. Because you despise him that means EVERY Ford fan was ****ing him?? Where did you find the time to hang with so many Ford fans?? Strange logic and yet another generalistaion?. If that theory is true then could you do me a favour? Could you hate Jessica Alba too???
It'd be like saying EVERY Holden fan wants to **** Brock or Lowndes just based on the fact that a supporter of another manufacturer may not like them. There's Holden fans who can't stand either. And their isn't enough cold water for fanbois of those two.
All moot though. 2015 Silly Season is just about done.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 07:21 (Ref:3593409)   #2539
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Didn't Ludo have something to do with the last of the Opel Vectra's used in the DTM from 2004?
Old 27 Nov 2015, 01:36 (Ref:3593553)   #2540
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Or, also considering Mr Winterbottom's indifferent form since Bathurst, does it suggest that PRA are lost set-up wise without Mr Mostert? Mr Waters ( and Car 5 ) was blindingly fast at Bathurst after Mr Mostert had set the car up. The minute Mr Mostert is out of the car, both cars are back to "normal" i.e; not quite on the pace.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 03:22 (Ref:3593576)   #2541
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Or, also considering Mr Winterbottom's indifferent form since Bathurst, does it suggest that PRA are lost set-up wise without Mr Mostert? Mr Waters ( and Car 5 ) was blindingly fast at Bathurst after Mr Mostert had set the car up. The minute Mr Mostert is out of the car, both cars are back to "normal" i.e; not quite on the pace.
Or perhaps they're just playing the safe game with car #5.... Which’d explain both PRA’s ability to “find” a decent setup for #55 in the ensuing period and look anything but lost in the most recent qualifying session (which may well have been the biggest 1st-2nd gap of the season).
Old 29 Nov 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3594307)   #2542
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Where did you find the time to hang with so many Ford fans??
You don't want to know....nor am I going to advertise....

To these people, the simple fact that he had Ford winning again and was taking the championship off Holden was enough to get the juices flowing. And they weren't the only Ford fans who acted that way.

WOW, nice to know there's someone else out there that hates Jessica Alba....
Old 30 Nov 2015, 07:21 (Ref:3594384)   #2543
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alex davison in the 4 for Sydney. according to speedcafe

Jack Perkins in the 222

Last edited by peckstar; 30 Nov 2015 at 07:37.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3594427)   #2544
RX767
Rookie

RX767 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something weird going on with car 4#. Second driver in two rounds. No disrespect to Dean
But I don't think Alex will be any quicker. They should just left Ash in the car he is just as quick if not quicker than Deano and Alex. Would have liked to be a fly on the wall last last couple of weeks down at Erubus.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 11:38 (Ref:3594443)   #2545
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I were Mr Walsh, I'd be speaking with the gents down in Albury right about now.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 23:58 (Ref:3594582)   #2546
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If I were Mr Walsh, I'd be speaking with the gents down in Albury right about now.
I bit too late I think, might have to go to nunawading instead.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 01:32 (Ref:3594602)   #2547
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weird Silly Season this one, and the music hasn't stopped yet. For the most though, its the same players, just dancing with new partners.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 02:09 (Ref:3594611)   #2548
Umai Naa
Veteran

Yeah wow, I thought Blanchard was all but a certainty at LDM again.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 05:00 (Ref:3594633)   #2549
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what did Ash do to have his arse kicked out the #4?
Looks like they just need someone to drive the thing, yet Ash is sitting there with his helmet ready and they're looking everywhere/anywhere else?
Old 1 Dec 2015, 05:36 (Ref:3594634)   #2550
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah wow, I thought Blanchard was all but a certainty at LDM again.
Got a shot at a better package? Can't blame him. Good luck to him. Now we'll see if it was him or the car.