Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3284566)   #2576
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
W@hether Mr. Hindhaugh was right or wrong is irrelevant to me in this case (he might have heard something different ans reported it, or he might have meant the small BOP differences.)

What I take away from this is that USCR's rules relationship with WEC/ELMS will be no different than ALMS's was, which I think is what we all wanted, no?
Old 1 Aug 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3284654)   #2577
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
If you pay attention the ALMS used the same bop as the WEC in GTE this year.
http://www.imsaracing.net/2013/alms/...IN%2013-09.pdf (post Sebring)
http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...ded-070313.pdf (start of season)

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...GTE-140613.pdf (pre-Le Mans)

Even Stevie Wonder could see that they're not the same...
Old 1 Aug 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3284737)   #2578
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andretti possibly coming back to sportscars:

http://www.racer.com/andretti-team-i...rticle/305484/

Quote:
“We're being very open-minded and looking at a lot of different types of racing,” Andretti continued. “We recently announced we're going to compete in the Formula E championship for electric cars, and I'll be honest and say that some of what I've heard about the [USCR] calendar doesn't excite me, like going to some of the ISC tracks and doing ‘infield' racing, but the better the schedule, the easier it is for guys like me who are out there trying to make something happen.
He doesn't like rovals either. Maybe if enough people speak out about the crappiness of Kansas it won't come back.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3284740)   #2579
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
When will series organisers, and the manufacturers taking part, learn this? Classic circuits/events are worth more than new ones. Just as USCR is starting it's own brand all over again, it is in no place to be messing with the current classic tracks and events that are, to its audience, the most recognisable features of the new series.

USCR's GTD class as the Kansas 3 Hours could be anything. They've already destroyed the brands of ALMS and Grand Am, that at least have some hard-earned history to them now, they cannot afford to be making new events at the expense of established ones.

WEC could learn from this too.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3284745)   #2580
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Actually, the GA races at Iowa were some of the better attended ones on the calender those years... 20.000 people came out to see Koni/Conti Challenge the year they did a stand alone race there, and IIRC the Rolex race the year after topped that... Might work out similarly for Kansas.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3284749)   #2581
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Actually, the GA races at Iowa were some of the better attended ones on the calender those years... 20.000 people came out to see Koni/Conti Challenge the year they did a stand alone race there, and IIRC the Rolex race the year after topped that... Might work out similarly for Kansas.
Then they can send Conti there with plenty of the other support race series!

L.P.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3284764)   #2582
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Attendance at Iowa for all events has fallen now that the "new track" novelty has worn out. The Kansas track has been around, but who knows maybe those folks are starved for some sportscars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Then they can send Conti there with plenty of the other support race series!

L.P.
i like that idea.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3284772)   #2583
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Attendance at Iowa for all events has fallen now that the "new track" novelty has worn out. The Kansas track has been around, but who knows maybe those folks are starved for some sportscars!

i like that idea.
Rolex went there once and never came back. They even had to do split races between DP and GT. That's all I need to know about non-Daytona rovals.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3284816)   #2584
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
http://www.imsaracing.net/2013/alms/...IN%2013-09.pdf (post Sebring)
http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...ded-070313.pdf (start of season)

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...GTE-140613.pdf (pre-Le Mans)

Even Stevie Wonder could see that they're not the same...
The cars start the same bud. The adjustments are from different bodies. How can you say the cars will be different like always when the cars start out the same spec in each series? Your Stevie Wonder joke was stupid, he wasnt born blind but had ROP so he never could see.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3284841)   #2585
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The cars start the same bud. The adjustments are from different bodies. How can you say the cars will be different like always when the cars start out the same spec in each series? Your Stevie Wonder joke was stupid, he wasnt born blind but had ROP so he never could see.
No, the BoP is different, period. The BoP will continue to be different, but no more than now... and Hindy was stating that it would move further away from ACO, for the purpose of maintaining class separation which suggests they would be slowed down. That is claimed to be false... so there was conjecture, and the current BoP IS different. I'm not sure why this is even an arguable point.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 00:01 (Ref:3284842)   #2586
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you pay attention the ALMS used the same bop as the WEC in GTE this year
Old 2 Aug 2013, 03:49 (Ref:3284879)   #2587
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Each car starts at a set weight and the other performance factors. Its called "base" on the bop tables. Each car is the same "base" in WEC and ALMS. The bop is the same in that regard, what each series changes is not the point. It's the vehicles base. So before the USCR season starts theres already confirmation the cars will be different from what the WEC is using. That's the difference! But continue on with conspiracies that Hindy has an ulterior motive, thats much more entertaining
Old 2 Aug 2013, 05:53 (Ref:3284890)   #2588
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, Sebring runs with all cars at the base shown on the BoP and they adjust from there? Or, as has always happened, right from the first race the USCR BoP will be different from the WEC BoP? Stop clutching straws TF110......
Old 2 Aug 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3284898)   #2589
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
So, Sebring runs with all cars at the base shown on the BoP and they adjust from there? Or, as has always happened, right from the first race the USCR BoP will be different from the WEC BoP? Stop clutching straws TF110......
Stop talking nonsense. When did I say the race? Nowhere. The adjustments are usually done before the race. But the difference is each car follows a ruleset. So by saying the 'spec' will remain but bop will be different, its basically "we'll make the cars the speed we want them." Oh, and Daytona is before Sebring, Mitch...
Old 2 Aug 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3284952)   #2590
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.alms.com/articles/muscle-...ett-innovators

So for Muscle Milk to make the Top 25 "most Innovative brands", Pickett puts most of the company's advertising budget into the LMP1 program. Judging from that, it seems very unlikely he would step down to an LMP2 to keep racing in the US. I think we will be seeing him in the WEC in some sort of Honda LMP1 next year
Old 2 Aug 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3284954)   #2591
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is Way beyond silly. GTE cars Race with different BOP adjustments in WEC and ALMS, and will in USCR, can we leave it at that.

One thing I have learned on the Internet: the hardest words for most to post are "Oops, I was wrong."
Old 2 Aug 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3284978)   #2592
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Stop talking nonsense. When did I say the race? Nowhere. The adjustments are usually done before the race. But the difference is each car follows a ruleset. So by saying the 'spec' will remain but bop will be different, its basically "we'll make the cars the speed we want them." Oh, and Daytona is before Sebring, Mitch...
You keep talking like the BoP before a wheel has been turned in anger being the same means that it's the same for the full season, maybe if you made the point clear that that's the only time it's ever the same this discussion wouldn't have happened.

And yes Seth, Daytona does come before Sebring.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3284995)   #2593
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Back to tires for a minute, I have to wonder out loud how Michelin and Falken are going to feel about Continental possibly having more visible branding on the cars than they do?
Old 2 Aug 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3285011)   #2594
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Shakedown with Jordan Taylor is up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLAzg9Rmfb8

He seems to really like they whole rubbin's racing nascar philosophy.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3285018)   #2595
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elkins, Bennet, Atherton, and Co. better listen to the 2nd hour of this past Radio Le mans Midweek motorsports. Hindy and Decklen had a great talk about the NASCAR tv deal which evolved into the conversation about USCR. The big thing I took is that they recommend that GTD must embrace full FIA GT3 cars. No stupid thick roll cage or spec wing. Just keep it to spec tire and Pro-Am but aside from that. Keep the GT3's the way they were at the 24 hours of Spa.

There is time to make the right descion here still USCR just do it!
Old 2 Aug 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3285021)   #2596
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Elkins, Bennet, Atherton, and Co. better listen to the 2nd hour of this past Radio Le mans Midweek motorsports. Hindy and Decklen had a great talk about the NASCAR tv deal which evolved into the conversation about USCR. The big thing I took is that they recommend that GTD must embrace full FIA GT3 cars. No stupid thick roll cage or spec wing. Just keep it to spec tire and Pro-Am but aside from that. Keep the GT3's the way they were at the 24 hours of Spa.

There is time to make the right descion here still USCR just do it!
I'm not sure that they must embrace full FIA GT3 cars... The roll cage bit is stupid, but USCR will definitely have to slow them down considerably, one way or the other and NOT keep them the way they were at the 24 hours of Spa.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3285024)   #2597
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I'm not sure that they must embrace full FIA GT3 cars... The roll cage bit is stupid, but USCR will definitely have to slow them down considerably, one way or the other and NOT keep them the way they were at the 24 hours of Spa.

I'll give you the point in one way, I think it is easy to add an air restrictor to limit straight line speed some but aside from that, spec tires and pro am. Yes GTD needs to be like the cars from the 24 hours of Spa.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3285030)   #2598
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Back to tires for a minute, I have to wonder out loud how Michelin and Falken are going to feel about Continental possibly having more visible branding on the cars than they do?
Do you think this well be true in GTLM or are you just referring to the other classes? I don't think Continental has been announced as the USCR sponsor, just tire supplier for most cars and sponsor for the sub-series. Did I miss something?

I did think it was interesting that Continental said the would like to pick up a partner in GTLM to see how they stack up against Michelin and Falken and Yokohama.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3285037)   #2599
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Jordan and Leo talk was pretty good.

L.P.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3285040)   #2600
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Do you think this well be true in GTLM or are you just referring to the other classes? I don't think Continental has been announced as the USCR sponsor, just tire supplier for most cars and sponsor for the sub-series. Did I miss something?

I did think it was interesting that Continental said the would like to pick up a partner in GTLM to see how they stack up against Michelin and Falken and Yokohama.
Strike my thoughts... for some reason I had mistakenly thought Conti was going to be a title sponsor for USCR.
Closed Thread