Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Feb 2015, 20:52 (Ref:3503745)   #2576
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Did Stefan Mücke push the Bentley off in the last corner on the final lap?
Good question, the Bentley did lock a brake going into the chase, but we didn't see what happened in the last corner.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3503746)   #2577
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
No need to look for mistake photos of anyone.

VR team did a stellar job.

I can't post pics but there's a ripper of #32 shooting flames and glowing discs after the chase.
Congrats scudd to your team and the VR mob, well done and thanks for your efforts.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3503759)   #2578
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great race. I prefer this race over the Spa 24 hours.

Nice to see Nissan win.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3503775)   #2579
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
There's not been conclusive video proof yet, but he went in just behind the Bentley, the Bentley went wide (when you'd expect it to break early), and the Aston had damage to it's front-right when it crossed the line. The evidence would suggest 'yes'.

The same driver also didn't get pinged for the crash with Brabham, which is a difficult one to judge because he definitely got alongside, but it looked like he was planning on using the Bentley as a brake.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3503780)   #2580
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
A couple of points re the TV coverage.

3. Despite being an endurance race the director tended to ignore what was going on in the pits. The commentators would offen comment that so and so was in the pits but the poor viewer was left without pictures.
I thought this was one of the most appealing things about the broadcast. With action all over the track, it has always escaped me why they show a bunch of folks working on a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Have to profoundly disagree with those who criticise the start in the dark. Maybe it's the Le Mans diet I've grown up on, but racing in the pure dark is absolute magic and the fact it's the start of the race adds something to it too.
Agreed! It was only 20 minutes of dark, but it was very appealing, and then off to race in the light, like a "normal" race.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3503781)   #2581
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
There was no telecast of V8 test last year.
hence the increase in numbers
Old 10 Feb 2015, 22:35 (Ref:3503782)   #2582
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Nadz44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was just before the last corner about the 100m braking mark, from what I seen the Bentley had taken the inside line to defend while the audi was on the outside trying a passing move, the aston was right up the Bentleys bum, the Bentley pushed a little too hard into the corner which pushed him out wide into the audi and the aston with the extra room managed to get up the inside to make it a 3 wide corner, the 3 come together and they emerged as they did in the order they finished....

That's my look at it anyway from where I was standing..
Old 11 Feb 2015, 01:05 (Ref:3503814)   #2583
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
1. The number of trackside camers was far too few. What was acceptable in 1985 is not acceptable now - especially with no aerial coverage.
Seemed to be the same amount of cameras as the V8's, just without the one mounted on the inside of the cutting.

Also, those that were there...how dark was it at the beginning?

The horizon made it seem like it was just early sunrise where you'd be able to see everything clearly at the track, but it was much darker on camera.

PERSONALLY, I'd like to see the front straight lit up, and have a few light pods around the track in key places, such as the chase, skyline, the dipper, the cutting, and forrests elbow.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 01:26 (Ref:3503820)   #2584
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It certainly wasn't pitch black. Between the commentary, lights, engine notes and the available light it was easy enough to make who was where.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 01:37 (Ref:3503823)   #2585
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Seemed to be the same amount of cameras as the V8's, just without the one mounted on the inside of the cutting.
No helicopters, definitely less in-cars, didn't have the pit straight spider cam.

Very little coverage of murrays corner during the race. Was the camera man moving between cameras Hardly any pit action

Its probably very unfair to compare the two though. Obviously the 1000km race is a significantly bigger production due to its larger audience and the amount of income it brings in (for the broadcaster) as a result.

Lets hope that in years the 12 hour can attract a larger audience so that the funds can be invested for a better coverage.

I didnt like the scroll of the positions along the top of the screen. I took to long to show the leader and by then you had forgotten about it
Old 11 Feb 2015, 02:01 (Ref:3503828)   #2586
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loved the dark start. Hated the gazebos on the fence up the top. Interestingly there are signs down the bottom saying you cant have your gazebo on the fence. Was a bit of a bogan presence but the man that ****ed me off up the top had a plumby accent and a dear stalker cap and was appalled when I suggested he remove his tent from the fence lol. Camp was very full but no bad behavior and the esky races stopped on dark so all good.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 02:06 (Ref:3503829)   #2587
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everything was great and enjoyable for me,I really liked the morning darkness start into the afternoon,very different. Only thing was all the FCYs,but it's something Im used to now with Imsa and all.all that fcy time and disruption of flow has got me read for sebring.

I look forward to next year and hope they can keep a balanced car count of gt3/4 and production class.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 03:06 (Ref:3503842)   #2588
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was expecting more people based on the hype leading into it. The camping ground was full but did not feel overcrowded. The bogan contingent was small in number on our side of the camping area. Only incident was the tool who drove around on Sunday morning beeping the horn. Apart from McPhilliamy and to a lesser extent the Chase there was not too many issues with Gazebo's blocking all the fence lines.

The presentation was a shocker, pimp my ride on the screen may have been better. In terms of supports, always enjoy IP but paid no attention to FFord or Radicals. They really really really really need to get Production Sports cars up there for a 1hr enduro on Saturday. They are the perfect fit for the meeting. The car show was poor apart from the Lamborghini’s / Ferraris which may not of even been part of it.

Still no team merchandise other than Nismo and generic 12hr regalia which had improved (Scudd take note and get some tasteful t-shirts done for 2016 assault please).

Happy for Scudd and Phil to have both cars running at the pointy end and completing the race. The meeting still had that great vibe about it which will keep me coming back for years to come despite the increase in catch fencing.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 03:07 (Ref:3503843)   #2589
JDM1980
Rookie

JDM1980 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GM keen on the Bathurst 12 hour win

GM keen to bring Corvette and Caddy to B12. 2 Camaro's in Aus already so they are likely starters in 2016

http://autoaction.com.au/general-mot...hurst-12-hour/
Old 11 Feb 2015, 03:23 (Ref:3503845)   #2590
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
I was expecting more people based on the hype leading into it. The camping ground was full but did not feel overcrowded. The bogan contingent was small in number on our side of the camping area. Only incident was the tool who drove around on Sunday morning beeping the horn. Apart from McPhilliamy and to a lesser extent the Chase there was not too many issues with Gazebo's blocking all the fence lines.

The presentation was a shocker, pimp my ride on the screen may have been better. In terms of supports, always enjoy IP but paid no attention to FFord or Radicals. They really really really really need to get Production Sports cars up there for a 1hr enduro on Saturday. They are the perfect fit for the meeting. The car show was poor apart from the Lamborghini’s / Ferraris which may not of even been part of it.

Still no team merchandise other than Nismo and generic 12hr regalia which had improved (Scudd take note and get some tasteful t-shirts done for 2016 assault please).

Happy for Scudd and Phil to have both cars running at the pointy end and completing the race. The meeting still had that great vibe about it which will keep me coming back for years to come despite the increase in catch fencing.
Clearwater and TFM were selling team shirts, but don't know how many or for how long ?
Old 11 Feb 2015, 03:37 (Ref:3503846)   #2591
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM1980 View Post
GM keen to bring Corvette and Caddy to B12. 2 Camaro's in Aus already so they are likely starters in 2016

http://autoaction.com.au/general-mot...hurst-12-hour/
I got the impression for this years race that a car could not be new for 2015 model. It had to meet the 2014 BOP. (Its quite probably i have misunderstood that though), which is part of why we didnt see the new Maclaren.

Thus neither of those cars will meet the criteria for next years race unless they come out during this year.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 03:50 (Ref:3503847)   #2592
JDM1980
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I got the impression for this years race that a car could not be new for 2015 model. It had to meet the 2014 BOP. (Its quite probably i have misunderstood that though), which is part of why we didnt see the new Maclaren.

Thus neither of those cars will meet the criteria for next years race unless they come out during this year.
hey Peckster,I'm pretty sure Caddy and Camaro did the BOP in Sept 2014 so they should be eligeble for race next year... C7 Vette unlikely as its still being developed by Callaway.Expected debut around June 2015 in German GT category.... C6 would be fine and race winning record holder in German GT series and still competitive in european GT racing... Trofeo has a current spec C6 GT3 in the garage so easy access if someone wanted to use her.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 03:53 (Ref:3503848)   #2593
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
hey Peckster,I'm pretty sure Caddy and Camaro did the BOP in Sept 2014 so they should be eligeble for race next year... C7 Vette unlikely as its still being developed by Callaway.Expected debut around June 2015 in German GT category.... C6 would be fine and race winning record holder in German GT series and still competitive in european GT racing... Trofeo has a current spec C6 GT3 in the garage so easy access if someone wanted to use her.
cheers

Caddy vs Bentley. i like it
Old 11 Feb 2015, 04:05 (Ref:3503849)   #2594
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Trofeo has a current spec C6 GT3 in the garage so easy access if someone wanted to use her.
Was that the one in the Pirelli display between there tyre tent and the garages with the for sale sign on it?

Would be great to see a Corvette there next year.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 04:14 (Ref:3503850)   #2595
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
would the C6 be well outclassed now though?
Old 11 Feb 2015, 04:16 (Ref:3503851)   #2596
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe, the C6 is getting on now, but if it's current GT3 spec it should be up to parity?
Old 11 Feb 2015, 04:55 (Ref:3503853)   #2597
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Car has no problem keeping up with a decent BoP, they still win in ADAC GT and ran competitively at Baku. There's always more performance in it if they're allowed to open it up.

Being an obsolete car without a major manufacturer behind it they suffer with BoP lobbying and getting the most out of customer cars though.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 05:12 (Ref:3503854)   #2598
JDM1980
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
Was that the one in the Pirelli display between there tyre tent and the garages with the for sale sign on it?

Would be great to see a Corvette there next year.
I'd say so... If it had a black wrap with Corvette racing emblem in yellow on the bonnet then that would be it... Trofeo picked car up in 2012 for memory and it was 2011 euro champ winning car. Greg Murphy drove it in 2011 spec at Bathurst 12 hr in 2013 and crashed it entering forest elbow. He ran it again at QR in shannons nationals and showed how good the car could be with a gun driver troubling the 2013 spec cars. Winning a race and then coming third for the AGT round(for memory)

Trofeo rebuilt it to 2013 spec and its only been raced once in vic sports car championships late last year.

With a gun driver at the wheel it would be very competitive as they are in Germany.

They'd want good $$$ for it though

Last edited by JDM1980; 11 Feb 2015 at 05:19.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 05:33 (Ref:3503855)   #2599
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A little lost in the excitement of the race finish was the achievement of the three young guys in the MARC Focus who achieved the Teams aim of beating all the Porsche Cup cars and absolutely outpaced the more experienced (in the cars) guys in the other two MARC cars .

Well done Garry Jacobson, Ben Gersekowski amd adam Gowans.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 06:04 (Ref:3503860)   #2600
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Only incident was the tool who drove around on Sunday morning beeping the horn.
Our only issue with the campgrounds was the crew right across the road from us that ran their generator until late into the evening