Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Feb 2024, 07:13 (Ref:4197020)   #2651
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought that was a type of Bob's poem's. Off to tr Pom now so the picture puzzle will have to wait.
Old 17 Feb 2024, 09:51 (Ref:4197029)   #2652
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
As requested.

I don't like the Rolling Stones. A rolling stone gathers no (Stirling) Moss

I sound noisy. I thought a (Derek) Bell was noisy. Apparently not loud enough.
Of course its Niki Lauda that Bob was after

I am often in a hole. Button (hole)

I bloom in May. I will say Hawthorn as Hawthorn bushes / hedges flower in May (in your part of the world anyway).

We tend to babble. (I failed to answer this one as I didnt realise that babbling involved paddling.... and also a couple of body parts. )
Tony (Toe knee) Brooks

I steal cows. George Russell (as in rustle, rustler)

Old folk need me. A Walker, Take your pick from Rob, Murray, Peter, David.

I do not hurry. Gone for a Stroll

I have three stripes. (Logan) Sargeant

I sound like an office type. Sounds like Clark. (Office Clerk)

Cordially,
A.R.C.Dick (retired)
Melbourne

PS Great questions. (At least I understood them this time!) Good work Bob.
Now that is just showing off - good work Mr Dick
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 17 Feb 2024, 11:29 (Ref:4197037)   #2653
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have had some impressive PM's from a certain 'Mike Crowe', who could be SSmith in disguise, or even our Antipodean 'Dick'!
That is the trouble with these things, you can never be sure if you are being groomed or trolled.

That prolific poster know as RBS.
Got his thoughts in a terrible mess.
He said 'What shall I do?
I haven't a clue,
So I suppose I'll just have to guess..
Old 17 Feb 2024, 12:19 (Ref:4197041)   #2654
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have had some impressive PM's from a certain 'Mike Crowe', who could be SSmith in disguise, or even our Antipodean 'Dick'!
That is the trouble with these things, you can never be sure if you are being groomed or trolled.

That prolific poster know as RBS.
Got his thoughts in a terrible mess.
He said 'What shall I do?
I haven't a clue,
So I suppose I'll just have to guess..
No disguise. Just an aged old bloke hoping to see out anither season in the temple of nostalgia called Castle Combe
Old 17 Feb 2024, 18:29 (Ref:4197080)   #2655
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Now that is just showing off - good work Mr Dick
Applying for a double entry at The Club, Dave, Dick, Shirley?
Old 17 Feb 2024, 20:05 (Ref:4197087)   #2656
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[No clues, work it out for yourselves.

Shallow waters =

Makes a paper smile =

Ill never settle down =

Slings as well =

A colourful bovine =

Reads like the end of =

Chuck's baby drew up in one =

Sounds like Hollywood loves them =

Go to town in Texas =

Grade A lover =

I lost weight =

And as it is a picture thread.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0285.JPG   IMG_4801.JPG  
Old 19 Feb 2024, 10:05 (Ref:4197247)   #2657
bauble
Veteran

England
Please ignore my previous message - mistakenly pressed send without actually completing the puzzle!

Emeryson = E

TVR Griffith 400 = T

VW Beetle = V

Triumph TR6 = T

Lister-Jaguar Coupe = L

ERA E-type GP1 (with Duncan Ricketts driving) = E

Which gives us Sebastian VETTEL!

Thus spoke the ubiquitous SSmith.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 10:32 (Ref:4197249)   #2658
bauble
Veteran

England
Some are a bit obscure but
Ford
Sunbeam
Wanderer*
Arrows
Red Bull
ERA
Cadillac coupe de Ville
Star*
Austin
Alpha Romeo
Lightweight?*

[B]Thus spoke rising star of the Puzzle Club[ Mike Crowe B]

*1 I had Rover in mind, but Wanderer fits nicely. (And he calls me obscure!)

*2 I had OSCA but obscure again? Star?

*3 FIAT I - FAT

Now for some statistics;
Over a period of four days there were 2592 'views' of the Puzzle thread, averaging 648 per day. Only three people sent in answers, RBS, SSmith and Mike Crowe.

I wonder why such interest with so little response?

Note to Gerard; Mon Ami, I suspect there are many potential new members to the S Club if they were to break cover.

Oh! Thank you Mike for your very kind, and encouraging PM. Very much appreciated.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:03 (Ref:4197281)   #2659
Mike Crow
Racer

Quote:
Ford
Sunbeam
Wanderer*
Arrows
Red Bull
ERA
Cadillac coupe de Ville
Star*
Austin
Alpha Romeo
Lightweight?*

*3 FIAT I - FAT

Now for some statistics;
Over a period of four days there were 2592 'views' of the Puzzle thread, averaging 648 per day. Only three people sent in answers, RBS, SSmith and Mike Crowe.

Note to Gerard; Mon Ami, I suspect there are many potential new members to the S Club if they were to break cover.

Oh! Thank you Mike for your very kind, and encouraging PM. Very much appreciated.
Star cars were built in Wolverhampton until 1932
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:46 (Ref:4197296)   #2660
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Star cars were built in Wolverhampton until 1932
Are you trying to say that is not obscure?
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:52 (Ref:4197297)   #2661
Mike Crow
Racer

Quote:
Are you trying to say that is not obscure?
In my original reply I meant that it was my answers which were a bit obscure. And probably, therefore, wrong.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 15:36 (Ref:4197315)   #2662
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
In my original reply I meant that it was my answers which were a bit obscure. And probably, therefore, wrong.
Your apology is accepted, Mike.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 17:02 (Ref:4197325)   #2663
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ford
Sunbeam
Wanderer*
Arrows
Red Bull
ERA
Cadillac coupe de Ville
Star*
Austin
Alpha Romeo
Lightweight?*

*3 FIAT I - FAT

Now for some statistics;

I am probably like a lot of other members here Baub in that I always look at your puzzles in the faint hope that I may be able to answer, but being stuck at work 5 days a week with everyone else's problems to deal with (or so it seems), my poor depleted brain doesn't have the capacity, but I do like to look and see however.
(I was of course able to answer one of your quiz questions where you kindly included some of my own pictures, presumably to help me along, but I will not give up trying!)
Old 19 Feb 2024, 17:10 (Ref:4197327)   #2664
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Please ignore my previous message - mistakenly pressed send without actually completing the puzzle!

Emeryson = E

TVR Griffith 400 = T

VW Beetle = V

Triumph TR6 = T

Lister-Jaguar Coupe = L

ERA E-type GP1 (with Duncan Ricketts driving) = E

Which gives us Sebastian VETTEL!

Thus spoke the ubiquitous SSmith.

I got the wrong end of the stick with this one - I thought it was name the cars and name the driver of each car! Not name the driver from the answers to the cars...

Naming the cars was possible, but I gave up before even starting to figure out who was driving them - except for the ones who helpfully put their names on the side!

Seems like my continued membership of the Stupido club is assured!
Old 19 Feb 2024, 19:22 (Ref:4197345)   #2665
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Seems like my continued membership of the Stupido club is assured!
Not at all, Paul! If you go on with answers, which are in fact questions about question, all you say makes sense which could be against the rules. We like you, stay with us!
Old 19 Feb 2024, 19:24 (Ref:4197346)   #2666
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Now for some statistics;
Over a period of four days there were 2592 'views' of the Puzzle thread, averaging 648 per day. Only three people sent in answers, RBS, SSmith and Mike Crowe.I wonder why such interest with so little response?
Old 19 Feb 2024, 19:37 (Ref:4197350)   #2667
bauble
Veteran

England
Is this a puzzle or a Stupido Club entry test?

Simply choose the odd one out from each of the following lists;

Brilli-Peri
Scarponi.
Campari

Loxley.
Clyno.
Horch

Caen
Turweston
Ibsley

Marimon
Mieres
Portago

Sacha- Gordine
Spagnoli
Pacific

The Mad Russian
Rattlesnake Johnson
Frank 'Dynamite Wilson.

1 Hill
2 Hill
3 Hill'
Old 19 Feb 2024, 19:39 (Ref:4197351)   #2668
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Like it!
Old 20 Feb 2024, 06:48 (Ref:4197389)   #2669
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Now for some statistics;

I'll be honest Baub that I don't recognise many of the cars and don't understand most of the answers when they're given. Looks like I'm going to have to change back to my Stupido Club avatar.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 20 Feb 2024, 09:30 (Ref:4197405)   #2670
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'll be honest Baub that I don't recognise many of the cars and don't understand most of the answers when they're given. Looks like I'm going to have to change back to my Stupido Club avatar.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
MM I am sorry to hear of your affliction, it is a very sad condition, brought on, I believe, by living in a damp climate for long periods. Maybe you should move, say to Bromham in Bedfordshire?
Another excellent way to improve your mental acuity is by purchasing the ten volume set of, "Solving Had Puzzles£ by Professor Noah Allott.. (An alias of a well know Puzzle Setter, and worth every penny of the purchase price)

Hope this helps;

NB. I attach a photo of the learned Professor.
Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg  
Old 20 Feb 2024, 10:56 (Ref:4197415)   #2671
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
MM I am sorry to hear of your affliction, it is a very sad condition, brought on, I believe, by living in a damp climate for long periods. Maybe you should move, say to Bromham in Bedfordshire?
Another excellent way to improve your mental acuity is by purchasing the ten volume set of, "Solving Had Puzzles£ by Professor Noah Allott.. (An alias of a well know Puzzle Setter, and worth every penny of the purchase price)

Hope this helps;

NB. I attach a photo of the learned Professor.
He can't be that clever, he's carrying something you're supposed to ride.
Old 20 Feb 2024, 11:27 (Ref:4197418)   #2672
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Get back to mending cars!!!
Old 20 Feb 2024, 12:46 (Ref:4197426)   #2673
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So that misprint in the book title. Is HAD a misprint of HARD or BAD?
Old 20 Feb 2024, 13:21 (Ref:4197437)   #2674
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It was taken at the beginning of his career, two years later he became an elephant driver.
Old 20 Feb 2024, 19:53 (Ref:4197491)   #2675
bauble
Veteran

England
Well, well my ploy has worked, I'm no good at puzzles cry Midge and Viv, but!!!

MM spots the deliberate mistake in the text (well done) then goes on to add a little witticism, demonstrating all of the talents needed to tackle any puzzle.

Viv, another whiner quickly spots the anomaly in the picture, and makes appropriate comment. The picture was chosen to invite amusing/insulting/ribald replies, and Viv could not resist, another example of talent under a bush.

No more excuses, I expect swift, accurate answers from both in the future.
Spot the Bauble.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   Cavalier 001(1).jpg   050.JPG  

!cid_X_MA1_1232968897@aol.jpg   430.JPG   11.jpg