Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 20 Dec 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3346235)   #2651
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Mine was full colour and battery in unit not too bad.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3346252)   #2652
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a close knit community this motor sport. I went all the way to rural Derbyshire to collect another kart yesterday and in conversation with the vendor he produced some pics of him racing "back in the day".

"Ooh," says I, "Delta FF2000, I know the boss of the company." Naturally so did this guy so you can guess the topic of conversation. Chap's name is Ian Fernyhough(? may have got the surname wrong). Small world.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3346272)   #2653
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It's a close knit community this motor sport. I went all the way to rural Derbyshire to collect another kart yesterday and in conversation with the vendor he produced some pics of him racing "back in the day".

"Ooh," says I, "Delta FF2000, I know the boss of the company." Naturally so did this guy so you can guess the topic of conversation. Chap's name is Ian Fernyhough(? may have got the surname wrong). Small world.
Yep one of the nicest blokes you could meet.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3346273)   #2654
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Scalextric night last night . . . into the small hours . . . and it was all going so well. . .
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20131219-00686.jpg  
Old 20 Dec 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3346286)   #2655
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zef

BTW I'm off to see one of your favourite's The Blockheads at The Jazz Cafe tonight
Old 20 Dec 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3346293)   #2656
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Scalextric night last night . . . into the small hours . . . and it was all going so well. . .
I see what you did there! Clever.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3346294)   #2657
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Was it Froggie in charge of the handset Joe ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Dec 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3346316)   #2658
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
No, It was Matthew Sturmer . . . doing his best to be French (3 bottles of claret evaporated by 2am!)

Enjoy Cliff, never seen them do a bad gig, I've just taken a very old ID&B gig poster to be framed, little xmas treat to myself.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3346341)   #2659
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I see what you did there! Clever.
Yep its good to laugh about it now. Merry Christmas
Old 21 Dec 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3346588)   #2660
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Video wasn't invented back then!
8mm Cine?
Old 22 Dec 2013, 04:52 (Ref:3346829)   #2661
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Over the Christmas and New year period I'm going to attempt to update the Calendar. So with John's permission I'm sticking this thread so it doesn't get lost.
Old 22 Dec 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3346854)   #2662
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peter, you're the man; don't need my permission, but, as usual, thanks for both the courtesy and the implementation!
Old 22 Dec 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3346873)   #2663
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Well done Chiggers HSCC Marshall of the year .
Old 22 Dec 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3346891)   #2664
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll add my congratulations to that.

Old 22 Dec 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3347004)   #2665
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well done Chiggers HSCC Marshall of the year .
Wow, we are the presence of greatness!

Old 23 Dec 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3347241)   #2666
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats Chigley, despite what the others might say I always said you are one of the good guys
Old 23 Dec 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3347341)   #2667
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll add my congratulations to that. Well done Chigley - couldn't have happened to a more deserving bloke!
Old 24 Dec 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3347508)   #2668
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, well done, Chigley.

Christmas Greetings to everyone.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3347510)   #2669
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
With some tenthers congregating at The Ace next week, it was great to see the Timeshift 'Full Throttle' documentary on BBC4 last night. Included lots of archive stuff and stories associated around the caff and the birth of the 59 Club.

It's on BBC iplayer for a week, according to them, and is first of 8 progs on 'The glory days of British motorbikes'. Which means it will fade in the late 60s when we all started riding Hondas......

The bit about 1939 IoM TT is interesting as well.....
Old 24 Dec 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3347533)   #2670
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
We had an earthquake down here the other night as we are on a fault line, Sue said she didn't remember the earth moving !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Dec 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3347552)   #2671
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Merry Christmas

With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with
my friends about drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the
authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had
several beers followed by some rather nice red wine.

Feeling jolly!! I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a taxi home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a Police booze bus but since it was a taxi they waved it past.

Low & behold - I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise as I had never driven a taxi before, I don't know
where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Old 24 Dec 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3347573)   #2672
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
The old ones are the best Pete !
I really feel sorry for you guys having terrible weather and looking at the weather front it looks like we may get the tail end of what you have got at the moment.
Hopefully you can all have a Happy Christmas
Old 24 Dec 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3347588)   #2673
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Weve got the tail end of it in France at the moment Gordon.
No damage I hope from earthquake!
Merry Xmas you two! One for Sue x!
Old 24 Dec 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3347602)   #2674
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
The old ones are the best Pete !
I really feel sorry for you guys having terrible weather and looking at the weather front it looks like we may get the tail end of what you have got at the moment.
Hopefully you can all have a Happy Christmas

Quite strange watching the English news and thinking that if we had left a day later,we would have been stuck at Dover.

Merry Christmas.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3347621)   #2675
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
You all might be overseas enjoying better weather but you ain't got the Ace cafe to go too next week . Merry Christmas anyway
Closed Thread