Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jan 2015, 16:06 (Ref:3497640)   #2701
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hahahaha there is no such thing as that (though it is pretty funny I must admit) it is rather called banboyism. I would love to see the C7 in the Wec indeed specially if we get to cars in GTE Pro. I still donĀ“t understand how corvette are not running it themselves Chevrolet is a pretty known brand in Europe. But I guess Labre is almost works. It is looking fantastic for next year specially for the three different coupes lmp2s. #Longlivethewec #thebestracingforthebesttracks #IamafanboyandImproud
Old 26 Jan 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3497655)   #2702
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I see you made it to the WWC (WEC Whiners Club), awesome! On behalf of Chiana and myself: welcome!
Yes we are always in hunt of inviting new members...
Old 26 Jan 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3497657)   #2703
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
All 6 Corvettes in the race finished in the top 8 overall: #5 (2nd), #10 (3rd), #90 (4th), #3 (5th), #31(7th), #4(8th). Would have been an epic day if not for that darn Ganassi Ford.
Yeah, but Chevrolet doesn't care about GTLM success in recent history (like in 2014) when they become greedy by going into overall victories with their Corvette DPs, which is just a half-cooked carbon copy of the C7.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3497666)   #2704
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Yeah, but Chevrolet doesn't care about GTLM success in recent history (like in 2014) when they become greedy by going into overall victories with their Corvette DPs, which is just a half-cooked carbon copy of the C7.
That is just so incorrect it is almost funny!

L.P.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3497679)   #2705
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
All 6 Corvettes in the race finished in the top 8 overall: #5 (2nd), #10 (3rd), #90 (4th), #3 (5th), #31(7th), #4(8th). Would have been an epic day if not for that darn Ganassi Ford.
That is pretty darn amazing! Like a Rock!
Old 26 Jan 2015, 20:40 (Ref:3497719)   #2706
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I see you made it to the WWC (WEC Whiners Club), awesome! On behalf of Chiana and myself: welcome!
I pay more attention to lmp1. GTE has lacked except at Le Mans. Maybe with a Vette, that trend turns around.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 20:53 (Ref:3497727)   #2707
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I pay more attention to lmp1. GTE has lacked except at Le Mans. Maybe with a Vette, that trend turns around.
Larbre's been gone just one year from WEC so is the trend really gonna change? And since this is highly likely to go to the filler pro-am class again, it still leaves only three makes for the top
Old 26 Jan 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3497759)   #2708
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They were still gone. A year or 10 whats it matter? I think theyre back partly because they can run an up to date car. BMW is the only other make not represented, but theyll run in elms. So yeah, I think it might help. Maybe even a leftover Viper.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 15:33 (Ref:3498018)   #2709
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09:
"All 6 Corvettes in the race finished in the top 8 overall: #5 (2nd), #10 (3rd), #90 (4th), #3 (5th), #31(7th), #4(8th). Would have been an epic day if not for that darn Ganassi Ford."

There were only two Corvettes in last weekend's race, though some other cars used motors loosely based on Corvette engine blocks.

Impressive performance for Chevrolet, I guess. Excellent race for Corvette, to win the class and finish top five-top ten.

I figure Larbre gets the call because it would be difficult to sell the board of directors on the idea that a Euro program would really boost sales. The car is The American Sportscar, but in Europe I don't think it is really taken seriously as a sports car ... more a status symbol for a small contingent of very wealthy.

Easier to slip some engineering help to Larbre and let them deal with the finances than trying to wheedle money out of GM to basically double the existing Corvette prorgram with basically zero impact on domestic sales.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3498025)   #2710
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
I wouldn't bet on a GTE-Am Corvette by Labre being granted a WEC/LM24 entry, the relationship between them have been fragile (to see the least) and like said above there's hardly any worthy incentive for GM/P&M to be represented in the amateur (GT) class. There is also a ton of expected GTE-Am entry applications to choose from by the ACO.

And in contrast to the anticipated Viper entry it won't be adding that much variety as we already have the two factory Corvettes in GTE-Pro.

Labre might well end up in the ELMS or just do a partial WEC campaign.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 16:44 (Ref:3498028)   #2711
Deleted
Veteran

I'm not necessarily disagreeing on weaker relations + GM not really caring. But Larbre got LM entry last year (even if originally on reserve list) for their P2 car, and that was after the arguments over being allowed to enter C7.R. Plus in May they already started showing signs of not bothering to turn up for the regional series but just being there for Le Mans only, yet ACO did nothing.

Larbre got rejected entry for Saleen in 09 already, so their French love/hate relationship goes a long way back.

Last edited by Deleted; 27 Jan 2015 at 16:49.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3498048)   #2712
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Larbre got rejected entry for Saleen in 09 already, so their French love/hate relationship goes a long way back.
That was because in 2008 they entered the LMS to help in getting a Le Mans entry, got the '08 LM entry and then pulled out of the 2008 LMS after one race or something.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3498056)   #2713
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd be amazed if there was a Larbre Corvette entry sitting there ready and the ACO rejected it. Everyone wants to see more Vettes in Europe and in WEC events.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3498057)   #2714
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'd be amazed if there was a Larbre Corvette entry sitting there ready and the ACO rejected it. Everyone wants to see more Vettes in Europe and in WEC events.
I agree, I find it very hard to fathom the ACO rejecting them!

L.P.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3498106)   #2715
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sure GM would like a representation in the AM class so they might be pushing the ACO for that also.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 02:15 (Ref:3498164)   #2716
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
That was because in 2008 they entered the LMS to help in getting a Le Mans entry, got the '08 LM entry and then pulled out of the 2008 LMS after one race or something.
Fair enough. But for (at the time) twice class winning French entry that had been participating there every single year since 1993 - ie the relaunch of GT racing at Sarthe - it was still weird decision. And it's not like they run in 2005 LMS either
Old 28 Jan 2015, 02:38 (Ref:3498170)   #2717
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'm sure GM would like a representation in the AM class so they might be pushing the ACO for that also.
Yep.

L.P.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 07:23 (Ref:3498206)   #2718
TF110
Veteran

United States
Has this interview with Autoweek been posted? Pretty detailed from PWC to TUSC and how Vette is positioned.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 14:03 (Ref:3498264)   #2719
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Has this interview with Autoweek been posted?
Interesting. I wish they had asked Fehan about the mid-engined Corvette. Having the Ford GT and a mid-engined Corvette racing would be exciting.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3498283)   #2720
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I rather see the front-engined Corvette C7.R compete against the Ford GT, all while Chevrolet sell the mid-engined one in limited quantities based on their DP program!
Old 28 Jan 2015, 15:50 (Ref:3498298)   #2721
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A mid-engined Chevrolet would be a really cool car, but it is not a Corvette. The rumors may be true this time, but the whole mid-engined Corvette rumor has come up every single time there has been a new model in my lifetime. Hasn't happened yet!
Old 28 Jan 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3498328)   #2722
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
The new Ford GT is the most beautiful American car that I have ever seen in my lifetime. Can GM top that with a mid-engined Corvette?

Edit: and the current C7.R is the best-looking Corvette that has been built to this date.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 18:50 (Ref:3498360)   #2723
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
A mid-engined Chevrolet would be a really cool car, but it is not a Corvette. The rumors may be true this time, but the whole mid-engined Corvette rumor has come up every single time there has been a new model in my lifetime. Hasn't happened yet!
Yes, if they ever do go through with the thought they should make it a new model and call it Grand Sport.

L.P.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3498364)   #2724
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It's actually happening this time... Mules are running around Detroit now.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/08/m...-c8-spy-shots/
Old 28 Jan 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3498366)   #2725
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
It's actually happening this time... Mules are running around Detroit now.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/08/m...-c8-spy-shots/
I still think those pictures just show a potential Ute for the US market!