Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4088657)   #251
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Whether you like the result or not, that's one of the best seasons Formula 1 has ever had.

Bringing it down to the final lap of the final race of the season. Almost unbelievable.
Personally I didn’t like the season. Whatever happened.

The *****ing (teams, drivers and mostly the fans) made it practically intolerable. Although this could be more social media. The inability of people to be able to be consistent in their thoughts or buck an alternative view really shows people up to what they really are. And then there are the insults.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4088661)   #252
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
if any other driver had of been in that merc max would have sewn it up weeks ago
if any other driver had of been in that RedBull Lewis would have sewn it up weeks ago
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4088662)   #253
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

The *****ing (teams, drivers and mostly the fans) made it practically intolerable. Although this could be more social media. The inability of people to be able to be consistent in their thoughts or buck an alternative view really shows people up to what they really are. And then there are the insults.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4088663)   #254
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think you can really complain about Max being champ by the way. His stats for the year have been fantastic and 99% of the time he has been top notch with his driving.

Just... argh. I don't like the direction it has taken. That felt like a made for TV special at the end there and I am not sure I will be back for more next season to be honest.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4088665)   #255
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whoever won it deserved it. I agree.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4088667)   #256
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I don't think you can really complain about Max being champ by the way. His stats for the year have been fantastic and 99% of the time he has been top notch with his driving.

Just... argh. I don't like the direction it has taken. That felt like a made for TV special at the end there and I am not sure I will be back for more next season to be honest.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:06 (Ref:4088670)   #257
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Notably I didn't say I liked it (race or season) but it's undoubtedly been one of the best ever.

The moaning and whining? Wall to wall TV and media coverage brought that about. Despite F1 being behind a paywall most of the time, the social media people in the teams have given us far more information - much of it completely unnecessary IMO! - than we've ever had.

Yet... I do have a sense of a series disappearing up its own behind. I love it and I don't at the same time.

I do wonder if we'll be seeing some changes in race control as a result of certain goings-on though.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4088674)   #258
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post
I’m disgusted, Formula One is a total farce and never seen such a contrived end to a race.
In my view the race director made the right call to finish with a race rather than finish under a safety car, as soon as the circuit was clear he pushed the button.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4088675)   #259
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
At the end of the day Max could only drive with the cards he was dealt….he did a great job all year and lucked in.

I don’t like the way the sport is heading however, a 1 lap dash just for the show? Not right in my eyes….
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4088677)   #260
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

Yeah, that.

I am not complaining about either driver being world championship or winning today.

Just the way Race Control brought it to an end was a total disgrace.
But looking back, the way they did it was typical for the bad way they conducted this season.

Time for Michael Masi to pack his backs.
It they need someone to do a bad job they might as well hire me. I'll do it for much less money, too, probably.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4088678)   #261
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
It just feels wrong when the car that has been generally fastest throughout the race loses out in an artificially manipulated way.......
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4088681)   #262
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It is a shame as we’ve got some unbelievable talent on display.

Those top two and Norris, Leclerc (awful last race) and Sainz, to name three are also great to watch.

But the standard of racing at the pointy end hasn’t been pretty to watch. And the rest, well I’ve said enough on that over the last half of the season.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4088682)   #263
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Well I accused Masi of bending the rules for lewis on the first lap
now others are accusing him of bending the rules for max on t he last lap
so..... on balance?

Thing is it comes down to tactics, that wouldnt have happend if RB and max hadnt have been able to keep maxs slower car in such a position that he could pounce if something happened .. and it did and they Max kept his cool and grabbed it...cleanly

I think in retrospect Toto might want to rethink his strategies of not pitting lewis during SC> even if lewis had of dropped back to 2nd or 3rd, he would have had the pace to regain on new tyres. In the end that let max put new reds on at the end and nail him

Somehow I dont think Lewis will be inviting Latifi round for xmas drinks
Ironic that it was a merc powered car that cost lewis his championship

oh well
That was great fun
cant wait to see the new cars in THREE MONTHS....waaaah too long

Last edited by bathurst77; 12 Dec 2021 at 15:15.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4088683)   #264
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Whether you like the result or not, that's one of the best seasons Formula 1 has ever had.

Bringing it down to the final lap of the final race of the season. Almost unbelievable.
Balls to the wall through and through.

Wow. Just Wow.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4088684)   #265
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Just a thought: why didn't they red flag the thing, clean up the mess an restart from there if they were so desparate to have a x-lap sprint to the end.

That's been done before, no?
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:11 (Ref:4088686)   #266
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Yeah, that.

I am not complaining about either driver being world championship or winning today.

Just the way Race Control brought it to an end was a total disgrace.
But looking back, the way they did it was typical for the bad way they conducted this season.

Time for Michael Masi to pack his backs.
It they need someone to do a bad job they might as well hire me. I'll do it for much less money, too, probably.
This.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4088687)   #267
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The biggest shame is that a driver with appalling track manners is now world champion. That sends the wrong message to people IMO.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4088688)   #268
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
It's a shame that the end was not without controversy. I'm still trying to digest exactly what happened at the end there.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4088689)   #269
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It is a shame as we’ve got some unbelievable talent on display.

Those top two and Norris, Leclerc (awful last race) and Sainz, to name three are also great to watch.

But the standard of racing at the pointy end hasn’t been pretty to watch. And the rest, well I’ve said enough on that over the last half of the season.
A great crop of talent and good guys as well. F1 should be heading into its glory years even without Lewis, without Max.

Greem nails it... love it and hate it at the same time. But maybe it was always so.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4088690)   #270
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

It's more social media but I've noticed how that has started to pervade threads here on TenTenths, particularly this season. And then there are the insults, which are totally unnecessary and only highlight the ineptitude of those who resort to use them.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4088691)   #271
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's more social media but I've noticed how that has started to pervade threads here on TenTenths, particularly this season. And then there are the insults, which are totally unnecessary and only highlight the ineptitude of those who resort to use them.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4088692)   #272
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Well I accused Masi of bending the rules for lewis on lap 1 now others are accusing him of bending the rules for max
so..... on balance?
That's a bit like saying that because a football ref sent off three players from each side he proved he was unbiased. I'd say it just meant he lost control. Masi's decisions this year were basically a lottery. I'll be really surprised if he's still in place next season.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4088700)   #273
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect the general media will become familiar with Article 39.12 very soon....
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4088702)   #274
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can we explain what was going on?

Article 39.12:

If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all teams via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4088704)   #275
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Can we explain what was going on?

Article 39.12:

If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all teams via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.
To clarify, the message is now to all 'competitors'. And - " Unless the clerk of the course considers the presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap."
Closed Thread