Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jul 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2722179)   #251
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Look forward to it John. I don't think that we'll have any trouble tracking JR down; I suspect he'll be expecting me to be taking copious pics, especially of his/10-tenth teams and pit activity! And I can 'grump' with the best of them, these days.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2722369)   #252
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Look forward to it John. I don't think that we'll have any trouble tracking JR down; I suspect he'll be expecting me to be taking copious pics, especially of his/10-tenth teams and pit activity! And I can 'grump' with the best of them, these days.

If anyone is out there listening to this in 10/10ths land.....who is not grumpy....please HELP...im gonna be surrounded by them!!!
Old 6 Jul 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2722548)   #253
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just spoken to Longtsone Tyres and apparently Dunlop haven't made any M or L sections for months and there is a shortage for LMC?? They sound rather stressed about the situation.
Old 6 Jul 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2722552)   #254
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got the last 2 550 M's about a month ago, and ran on slicks on the front at Brands last Sunday!

However, they're allegedly available now and I've been promised a pair today, but they've been on back order since early June so I guess I am one of the lucky ones.
Old 6 Jul 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2722569)   #255
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got a set of 13 inch L section tyres from HP Tyres at the HSCC Brands meeting at the weekend (Lord March requires L section rather than Ms for the Fordwater Trophy). Ian Conway was after some 14 inch ones for his MGB - they didn't have any but said that they would be in production this week.

Worth checking with them about availability
Old 6 Jul 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2722624)   #256
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they are hoping that I'll get some in time for the 24th for me, but they aren't committing to it. Small issue of Le Mans Classic and Silverstone Classic between now and then. I don't fancy Cadwell on my shonky tyres.

A lot of people are asking them for tyres in time for this weekend - in France!!
Old 6 Jul 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2722700)   #257
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets on the gate

Thanks for those that replied re advice about how to get there re last-minute deals etc. At one point it looked like I couldn't make it but probably can again now!

Have been unable to secure any 'packages' - they all seem sold out and other options seemed too expensive - so I might just travel by car via Eurotunnel on Friday or even fly to Paris CDG and hire a car from there (which might be easier from the north of England anyway). If so, am I right in thinking that you can still buy tickets on the gate.

I've heard a few comments that they are all sold -which I find hard to believe - but wouldn't want to get there and find I can't get in. Also, what about grandstand / paddock tickets - will these still be available on the day(s).

Similarly re camping - suggestions that this is pre-booked only and not available to those that just turn up?

Thanks, Gary
Old 7 Jul 2010, 08:22 (Ref:2722918)   #258
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I wish I had your problems, Gary! Sadly, working for a living means I cannot attend this year, and it looks like a cracker.

Good luck to all 10-10 crews. Have fun, and a beer for me?
Old 8 Jul 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2723547)   #259
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In answer to your question on the Goodwood thread, Tim, I've just arrived at Autosport Towers and am typing this on Ben Anderson's work station. Kev has just told me that we are leaving at 6.00am tomorrow to get to the Euro tunnel at 8.10am. Tired just thinking about it especially as I've just had a pants 5 hour drive.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2723621)   #260
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Just arrived in Le Mans, seems like only last month I was here lol, is it me or is it hot here!!! Love it!
Old 8 Jul 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2723641)   #261
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Wishing you a nice Weekend .
Old 8 Jul 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2723692)   #262
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Thanks for those that replied re advice about how to get there re last-minute deals etc. At one point it looked like I couldn't make it but probably can again now!

Have been unable to secure any 'packages' - they all seem sold out and other options seemed too expensive - so I might just travel by car via Eurotunnel on Friday or even fly to Paris CDG and hire a car from there (which might be easier from the north of England anyway). If so, am I right in thinking that you can still buy tickets on the gate.

I've heard a few comments that they are all sold -which I find hard to believe - but wouldn't want to get there and find I can't get in. Also, what about grandstand / paddock tickets - will these still be available on the day(s).

Similarly re camping - suggestions that this is pre-booked only and not available to those that just turn up?

Thanks, Gary
General tickets are always available, paddock can be bought at the enterance to the paddock but not sure about grandstand but they are not sold out so you should be able to get them from the ACO on arrival.

Camping on beausjour is still available and will not be a problem you might even get a return on a better site at the aco

This is france not england they will always find a way to sell you what ever you need, if you need any help just ask anyone down there they will probably be english,
Old 8 Jul 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2723696)   #263
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Tired just thinking about it especially as I've just had a pants 5 hour drive.
Ah, the joys of several decades of British Infrastructure Investment, mostly now cancelled I understand.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2723709)   #264
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arrived today, hell is it hot!!!!!

Staying at Novotel tonight then into motorhome tomorrow so I don't wake the family for quals tomorrow night.

First time here, can't wait!
Old 9 Jul 2010, 06:04 (Ref:2723856)   #265
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Ah, the joys of several decades of British Infrastructure Investment, mostly now cancelled I understand.
Pearl of wisdom from a travelling man who used to call once a year at the farm;
'they dont make ordinary roads anymore, so's ordinary folk gan get about'
Old 9 Jul 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2723952)   #266
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Good luck Roger, you'll love the place...

JT, the joys of travelling with kids. Make him drive!
Old 9 Jul 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2724162)   #267
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Roger, top effort first time out. 7th overall in practice in a Lotus 15. Was that you, or Joe?
8^)
Old 9 Jul 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2724231)   #268
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Stone me, now THIRD... Only a Dino 246S and a DB4GT to beat.

Just watch out for Vincent Gaye in that 250GT...
Old 10 Jul 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2724381)   #269
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
for those stuck at home, I found this (don't know if it was it sounds like):

http://www.optic2000.com/mans-classic-webtv/home

currently says
Quote:
prochain direct samedi 10 juillet a 14h
visionnez les precedentes emissions en cliquant sur retrospectives
which babelfished is:

Quote:
next direct Saturday July 10 has 14:00 view the preceding emissions while clicking on retrospectives
Old 10 Jul 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2724385)   #270
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Watch the previous broadcasts by clicking on 'retrospectives'" Would be a more correct translation.

I still can't decide whether or not to go. On the one hand it's only an hour drive for me, but on the other I've got a head gasket to change and a room to paint :S
Old 10 Jul 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2724467)   #271
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not entirely sure I have got to grips with the results site yet - either that or the races are running in a different order to the programme. but it looks like messrs Wills and Twyman took the first round of the 'Grid' they are competing in. (Not sure where their second car came though - or is that something you can change from one race to the next as long as you have more than one car qualified?)

Hmm. Maybe I should do some more homework on this, though it would help a little of the timings pages didn't autoscroll back to the top eveyr minute or less.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2724470)   #272
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Listening to radio Le Mans on plateau 5 and car/drivers and history etc a commentator keeps refering to Richard Attwood by the 'D' word, obviously dose not know the man very well.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2724482)   #273
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brief post from the motorhome where I am trying to escape the heat!

Yes, we managed to qualify 3rd in the Lotus 15. The Elite sadly holed a piston - heat and questionable fuel supply.

We went well in the first race today and finished 2nd. I started, Joe finished.

Really looking forward to the night race tonight.

What an awesome circuit! The 15 is doing an average of over 100mph for just on 5 mins a lap. Amazing.

More later!!
Old 10 Jul 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2724485)   #274
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Roger,

The Results page has you down as winning.

http://www.ris-timing.eu/~circuit//2.../2010/cou3.htm

Is this adjusted by some sort of handicap?
Old 10 Jul 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2724489)   #275
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

AH, no, that's the 'Outright' result. (Scratch)

The 'Compensed' classification looks somewhat different. (Also an 'Outright' result it seems .... very puzzling.)

Presumably this is something to do with European date and time exchange rates.