Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 13 Aug 2012, 06:39 (Ref:3119200)   #251
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
or could they use it as a TLX specc'd car for V8CC? or are the toyota engines not allowed? if so maybe we'll see a Camry powered by GM or Ford
leave the TRD 5ltr in it and just build the damn thing!

the Camry is going to look mean when it's finished
Old 13 Aug 2012, 06:41 (Ref:3119201)   #252
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Hey Maxi, any new photos of the MRX car?
which one?

wanna see a pic of the Benz?
Old 13 Aug 2012, 06:52 (Ref:3119203)   #253
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
which one?

wanna see a pic of the Benz?
OK.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3119207)   #254
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Valid point Icarus... I reckon ST will be given Gold Star Championship Status and become Tier 1 in NZ... Shame NZMS have had to have a gun held to their head to make it happen... looks like it's game set and match to Mr Petch..

so........ he couldn't win a MSNZ championship without controversey, so he controversially took the championship to his playground??

will motorsport in NZ be better off for it.........Not likely
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3119210)   #255
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
so........ he couldn't win a MSNZ championship without controversey, so he controversially took the championship to his playground??

Oh god Joe get off the grass.

Come on Joe, tell us the story again how you gave Winston Churchill the ear bashing.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3119211)   #256
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Valid point Icarus... I reckon ST will be given Gold Star Championship Status and become Tier 1 in NZ... Shame NZMS have had to have a gun held to their head to make it happen... looks like it's game set and match to Mr Petch..
Was Mr Petch at the Meeting?
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:26 (Ref:3119213)   #257
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Petch couldn't do any worse than the current regime... Those who have been entrusted with the resposibility of looking after NZ Motrosport have been woefully irresponsible in their duty... MSNZ and TMC need to be held accountable for the mess NZ Motorsport is in.... Fine, Cooper and Short were only a part of the problem.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3119218)   #258
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Oh god Joe get off the grass.
so, great wise one, apart from the top echelon of NZ circuit racers....... who is going to benefit from Petch being the major stakeholder ??
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3119219)   #259
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Fine, Cooper and Short were only a part of the problem.
Hmmm, how big a part do you think that was - 25%, 50%, 99%?
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:54 (Ref:3119228)   #260
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so........ he couldn't win a MSNZ championship without controversey
Which one?

Quote:
will motorsport in NZ be better off for it...
I think there are plenty of people who will tell you it already is
Old 13 Aug 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3119232)   #261
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
leave the TRD 5ltr in it and just build the damn thing!

the Camry is going to look mean when it's finished
Yes it may well do but it still seems to be somebodies School boy dream doesn't it
Old 13 Aug 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3119237)   #262
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
Which one?

I think there are plenty of people who will tell you it already is
I agree. Waiting for your reply and explanation Joe.
Tell us all what Mark did to you in the good old days? It has been clear for sometime you hate Mark. Here's your big opportunity Joe. Lets hear it!
Old 13 Aug 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3119245)   #263
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by nistfan View Post
Yes it may well do but it still seems to be somebodies School boy dream doesn't it
what are you babbling on about? the NZV8 Camry is sitting in a Te Rapa workshop.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3119246)   #264
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
OK.
me too!
Old 13 Aug 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3119247)   #265
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
what are you babbling on about? the NZV8 Camry is sitting in a Te Rapa workshop.

It maybe sitting in the workshop but is it complete, and ready for testing because it seems to have been a very long build process for a spec chassis, last time I heard they could not work out how to mount the engine in car
Old 13 Aug 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3119255)   #266
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
I agree. Waiting for your reply and explanation Joe.
Tell us all what Mark did to you in the good old days? It has been clear for sometime you hate Mark. Here's your big opportunity Joe. Lets hear it!
Jerico, let's just say, first impressions last.

20-odd years ago as a volunteer, i was one of a few tasked with pushing his Tranzam off the pitlane at Levels. can't acutally remember why it was immobile (lack off fuel? gearbox? unsure), but right in the gateway to the paddock , Mark ordered that we stop pushing so he talk to his driver, even though the car was creating a log-jam. i advised him it would be far more practical to keep going another 2-3 car lenghts to allow other cars past, a suggestion that upset him so he proceeded to abuse the bejesus out of me for trying to display common-sense.
fast forward 12 months or so and i was tasked with attaching the transponders onto cars on dummy grid, a simple task for most cars, but not when Mark is the team manager/owner and won't allow you access. further abuse later, i decided not to do his car which resulted in even further abuse and physical threats.

then there were the constant technical infractions that he would constantly try on the officials, season after season, that further reinforced the fact that i didn't like the way he operates .

how much did these antics costs every entrant and license holders due to MSNZ having to recoup costs of the BS legal appeals everytime he flouted the rules and got caught??
Old 13 Aug 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3119256)   #267
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
V8 SuperTourers eyeing Challenge Cup/NZV8 merger
Monday 13th August, 2012

The future of New Zealand motorsport took a twist today with the possibility emerging that the NZV8 Championship could soon be combined with V8 SuperTourers’ second-tier series, the V8 Challenge Cup.

In the biggest indication yet that the future of NZV8s as a standalone category is under threat, MotorSport NZ – under which the NZV8 class is run – has issued a public statement suggesting a compromise is afoot.

After a landmark meeting between V8 SuperTourers and MotorSport NZ last Friday, V8ST chief executive Didier Debae told Speedcafe.com that ultimately there can only be one top level touring car class operating.

“If you understand what the talks are about there will only be one left, basically,” Debae said.

“Because there seems to be very little entries in the other championship we are going to end up taking over that part of the business.

“And that is taking over the cars that have been built for the series and amalgamate them with the Challenge Cup (which is currently being run for the existing NZV8 chassis).”

Debae, who came in to replace Paul Radisich as CEO of V8ST a couple of months ago, also suggested there could be a name change for the V8 Challenge Cup if an amalgamation takes place.

Meanwhile, MotorSport NZ – which recently underwent a significant internal shake-up – says that the talks with V8STs have been positive.

“I’m optimistic we can now move forward and find a way for the country’s top race classes to work together” MotorSport New Zealand president Shayne Harris said in a statement.

“This is a really positive move not just for the competitors involved but for the country’s circuits, officials and race fans.”

NZV8s could not be contacted by Speedcafe.com for comment on this story today.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 09:11 (Ref:3119259)   #268
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
V8 SuperTourers eyeing Challenge Cup/NZV8 merger
Monday 13th August, 2012

The future of New Zealand motorsport took a twist today with the possibility emerging that the NZV8 Championship could soon be combined with V8 SuperTourers’ second-tier series, the V8 Challenge Cup.

In the biggest indication yet that the future of NZV8s as a standalone category is under threat, MotorSport NZ – under which the NZV8 class is run – has issued a public statement suggesting a compromise is afoot.

After a landmark meeting between V8 SuperTourers and MotorSport NZ last Friday, V8ST chief executive Didier Debae told Speedcafe.com that ultimately there can only be one top level touring car class operating.

“If you understand what the talks are about there will only be one left, basically,” Debae said.

“Because there seems to be very little entries in the other championship we are going to end up taking over that part of the business.

“And that is taking over the cars that have been built for the series and amalgamate them with the Challenge Cup (which is currently being run for the existing NZV8 chassis).”

Debae, who came in to replace Paul Radisich as CEO of V8ST a couple of months ago, also suggested there could be a name change for the V8 Challenge Cup if an amalgamation takes place.

Meanwhile, MotorSport NZ – which recently underwent a significant internal shake-up – says that the talks with V8STs have been positive.

“I’m optimistic we can now move forward and find a way for the country’s top race classes to work together” MotorSport New Zealand president Shayne Harris said in a statement.

“This is a really positive move not just for the competitors involved but for the country’s circuits, officials and race fans.”

NZV8s could not be contacted by Speedcafe.com for comment on this story today.
Racing at a track near you soon.

Super tourers
Nzv8s
V8 utes

Just need a good 2L class and a GT class.
Roll on summer.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3119264)   #269
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:

20-odd years ago as a volunteer, i was one of a few tasked with pushing his Tranzam off the pitlane at Levels. can't acutally remember why it was immobile (lack off fuel? gearbox? unsure), but right in the gateway to the paddock , Mark ordered that we stop pushing so he talk to his driver, even though the car was creating a log-jam. i advised him it would be far more practical to keep going another 2-3 car lenghts to allow other cars past, a suggestion that upset him so he proceeded to abuse the bejesus out of me for trying to display common-sense.
fast forward 12 months or so and i was tasked with attaching the transponders onto cars on dummy grid, a simple task for most cars, but not when Mark is the team manager/owner and won't allow you access. further abuse later, i decided not to do his car which resulted in even further abuse and physical threats.

then there were the constant technical infractions that he would constantly try on the officials, season after season, that further reinforced the fact that i didn't like the way he operates .

how much did these antics costs every entrant and license holders due to MSNZ having to recoup costs of the BS legal appeals everytime he flouted the rules and got caught??
Mark was very competitive. I'm sure it was nothing personal. S..t happenes at the track you know that Joe. Anyway it was over twenty years a go build a bridge. On the money thing I would hate to think how much money Mark has put in to New Zealand motor sport over the last forty odd years.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3119266)   #270
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
It maybe sitting in the workshop but is it complete, and ready for testing because it seems to have been a very long build process for a spec chassis, last time I heard they could not work out how to mount the engine in car
so using your logic.. Edgell doesn't have a st.. since it's not complete? hmm and i don't ever recall the Richards team ever saying their car would be finished and tested before the 13th of August? do you? with claims of the Ruapuna round being cancelled.. wouldn't that push the start of the NZV8 series to January next year? wonder if that's enough time to complete the car

looks like a TRD V8 sitting in a NZV8 Camry to me..

hopefully MRX worked out how to mount the engine.. since it looks like chassis has already been painted
Old 13 Aug 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3119468)   #271
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
so using your logic.. Edgell doesn't have a st.. since it's not complete? hmm and i don't ever recall the Richards team ever saying their car would be finished and tested before the 13th of August? do you? with claims of the Ruapuna round being cancelled.. wouldn't that push the start of the NZV8 series to January next year? wonder if that's enough time to complete the car

looks like a TRD V8 sitting in a NZV8 Camry to me..

hopefully MRX worked out how to mount the engine.. since it looks like chassis has already been painted
Looks like you will need all of the next 5 Months Promax to join up all the dots, then Join the other CC Cars and SuperTourers, not quite the plan.

Good luck sorting the Aero etc
Old 13 Aug 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3119494)   #272
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Petch couldn't do any worse than the current regime... Those who have been entrusted with the resposibility of looking after NZ Motrosport have been woefully irresponsible in their duty... MSNZ and TMC need to be held accountable for the mess NZ Motorsport is in.... Fine, Cooper and Short were only a part of the problem.
there's bad eggs in both camps..no question.
as i have said before both camps need each other to flourish and put on the show the public/sponsors etc want to see.
i think the talks between both groups will result various individuals released from positions of responsibilty and profile.
i hope the event management(event directors and puppets) gets a real shake up too....
Old 13 Aug 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3119550)   #273
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

No new insights there Joe....sheesh everyone knows what he is like. I could tell stories of many motorsport identites but would it achieve?
Old 14 Aug 2012, 00:00 (Ref:3119560)   #274
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JUst going back to the drawing of the TRD powered Camry, even though its clearly just a rendering you can see that if it can be completed, it will look good, no doubt about it.

So let me get this right, V8ST will be tier 1 and the V8CC will be teir 2? does that also mean that the new chassis will be racing in the CC or will they be scrapped? If they are scrapped then i think that is a real shame as its still better than the current schedule TL cars.

But even more pressing than that, and it would be good to get some feedback from other members on this forum is this....

WHO WILL BE THE SUPPORT V8 CATEGORY FOR PUKEKOHE NEXT YEAR (V8SC)?

Surely, by default it should be what is considered to be tier one at the time, which will be ST's. But that goes against what Tony Cockrun wants i.e. NZ can only race around in much, much older cars so he can steal the show.....once a year.

Makes ya think
Old 14 Aug 2012, 01:02 (Ref:3119573)   #275
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
JUst going back to the drawing of the TRD powered Camry, even though its clearly just a rendering you can see that if it can be completed, it will look good, no doubt about it.

So let me get this right, V8ST will be tier 1 and the V8CC will be teir 2? does that also mean that the new chassis will be racing in the CC or will they be scrapped? If they are scrapped then i think that is a real shame as its still better than the current schedule TL cars.

But even more pressing than that, and it would be good to get some feedback from other members on this forum is this....

WHO WILL BE THE SUPPORT V8 CATEGORY FOR PUKEKOHE NEXT YEAR (V8SC)?

Surely, by default it should be what is considered to be tier one at the time, which will be ST's. But that goes against what Tony Cockrun wants i.e. NZ can only race around in much, much older cars so he can steal the show.....once a year.

Makes ya think
at the end of the day cochrane couldnt really care less if the supports for the SC puke round were GT1/muscle cars/utes or whatever and not NZv8 or ST.....it's all about them remember...