Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Sep 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2756543)   #251
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissangtrfan View Post
I believe the list will decrease to 44. I anticipate Atlas to withdraw the Saleen. So who is going to drive the second Jaguar?
They have two Saleens (the other being an ex-ACEMCO car). So I'd guess they'll be using the 2nd car for Silverstone and Petit.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 04:57 (Ref:2756545)   #252
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I was told by Mr. Kuttner there were 6 made? Did they all get built??
I don't think so. All went quiet on the Kuttner front soon after the cars were actually being built, so I think he left the program and only the 3 cars got built.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 04:59 (Ref:2756548)   #253
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Built to order, per se.

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2756576)   #254
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
They have two Saleens (the other being an ex-ACEMCO car). So I'd guess they'll be using the 2nd car for Silverstone and Petit.
They won't use it for Silverstone (confirmed), but since there's no Labre @ Petit I wonder if they'll run it there. It'ss more likely that they withdraw that entry now, though.

Expectional GT2 field - three Fords!
Old 9 Sep 2010, 08:10 (Ref:2756605)   #255
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Just noticed that David Murry is listed as a driver in both the Robertson Fords... is that allowed in non-C classes? I know Scott Tucker has been driving both the Level 5 cars in each race this season, but that's in LMPC. And at least for Le Mans that's nowadays a definite no-no.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 9 Sep 2010 at 08:17.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2756606)   #256
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They won't use it for Silverstone (confirmed), but since there's no Labre @ Petit I wonder if they'll run it there. It'ss more likely that they withdraw that entry now, though.

Expectional GT2 field - three Fords!
Although with Larbre not going to Petit, for Atlas to come, they'd be able to even the score going into China. Also, they'd get an automatic Le Mans invite just for completing 70% of the race.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 08:16 (Ref:2756608)   #257
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Although with Larbre not going to Petit, for Atlas to come, they'd be able to even the score going into China. Also, they'd get an automatic Le Mans invite just for completing 70% of the race.
GT1 cars are not getting invites this season, since there's no GT1 at Le Mans next year.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 08:30 (Ref:2756615)   #258
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Just noticed that David Murry is listed as a driver in both the Robertson Fords... is that allowed in non-C classes? I know Scott Tucker has been driving both the Level 5 cars in each race this season, but that's in LMPC. And at least for Le Mans that's nowadays a definite no-no.
Could be an error on the list- IIRC, Robertson's original announcement that they were running 2 cars at Petit listed Murry in the new car, and someone else joining the Robertsons in No.40?
Old 9 Sep 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2756707)   #259
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Could be an error on the list- IIRC, Robertson's original announcement that they were running 2 cars at Petit listed Murry in the new car, and someone else joining the Robertsons in No.40?
Craig Stanton was listed to drive the 40 car. I don't know if that has changed. The new car, 04, will also run on E85 as well.

http://www.robertsonrace.com/press/R...T_at_Petit.pdf
Old 9 Sep 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2756758)   #260
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
GT1 cars are not getting invites this season, since there's no GT1 at Le Mans next year.
I guess I missed that part that said ILMC GT1 winners weren't getting auto invites for next season.
So Larbre's win at Le Mans didn't earn them an auto invite either?

Victor, technically there is no GT2 class next season either, but they still get the invites right?
Old 9 Sep 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2756764)   #261
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I guess I missed that part that said ILMC GT1 winners weren't getting auto invites for next season.
So Larbre's win at Le Mans didn't earn them an auto invite either?

Victor, technically there is no GT2 class next season either, but they still get the invites right?
Yeah, but GT-E is basically GT2 with minor tweaks, so GT-E invitations should go to GT2 cars as a matter of course. And since the ACO themselves announced that 2010 was the last year of GT1 at Le Mans... I'd say that the ILMC GT1 winners will only be giving the class its send-off in ACO-sanctioned racing.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2756802)   #262
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And where is this announcement that GT-1 will not recieve an invite to Le Mans?

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2756804)   #263
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
And where is this announcement that GT-1 will not recieve an invite to Le Mans?

L.P.
I thought that the "no GT1 at Le Mans in 2011" during the week of the race also means/meant "no invitations for GT1 cars either". It should be common sense, really... but then again...
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2756805)   #264
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Yes, automatic invitations can not be transferred to another class. So a GT1 invitation would be useless because the class ceases to exist.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2756807)   #265
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
I thought that the "no GT1 at Le Mans in 2011" during the week of the race also means/meant "no invitations for GT1 cars either". It should be common sense, really... but then again...
But both Labre and Atlas met the criteria that the ACO laid down for GT-1 this year! They would be reneging on those teams by not extending an invitation. Which IMO should be blank invitations, for class. I was against running GT-1 this year, because I was sure there would be a lack of participation, and the neutering of the class. Seems I was right. But the 2 teams did as the ACO and LMS wanted!

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2756808)   #266
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Yes, automatic invitations can not be transferred to another class. So a GT1 invitation would be useless because the class ceases to exist.
In normal circumstances that holds true, these are not. The ACO has the power and right to do anything they want, as it is their Grand Ball!

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2756809)   #267
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The rules are as follows if we are all agreed:

1. GT1 teams have an invite for Le Mans 2011
2. There is no GT1 class at Le mans 2011
3. Auto invites can not be swapped between classes
4. The ACO make it up a they go sometimes
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2756812)   #268
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Autocon enter a Lola . Could they change their chassis to a Ginetta as the entry list is now published ?

I hope they run that Ginetta .
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2756813)   #269
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2756818)   #270
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Autocon enter a Lola . Could they change their chassis to a Ginetta as the entry list is now published ?

I hope they run that Ginetta .

If they so choose to, I think that the ALMS would be accomodating. But it does not seem that is likely at this time.

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2756829)   #271
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Could somebody please pick up the driving talents of Johnny Mowlem, Marco Werner and Pierre Kaffer? If only I had a spare car....
Old 9 Sep 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2756894)   #272
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very surprising to me that Kaffer is not in one of the 2 Risi cars, he should be in the 62. Salo and Fisi in the same car will be a treat though!
Old 9 Sep 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2756908)   #273
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post

The other option for Atlas and Larbre would be to enter the ILMC next season in whatever class, because that will include an auto invite.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2756911)   #274
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kaffer will be in Monza for GT Open.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2756984)   #275
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I just noticed that Extreme Speed brought in a couple of ringers for 3rd drivers, Farnbacher will join Sharp and van Overbeek, and Barbosa with join Brown and Cosmo.