Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Aug 2012, 02:17 (Ref:3117380)   #251
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's already up on ALMS.com.
Old 8 Aug 2012, 02:22 (Ref:3117381)   #252
amidst tundra
Racer

United Kingdom
Andover
amidst tundra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
It's already up on ALMS.com.
Is that available to watch all regions? If so why did I pay £5 for ESPN player lol... that's a beer lost. Yep does work! Cheers.
Old 8 Aug 2012, 02:29 (Ref:3117383)   #253
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
No problem, they actually got it up real quick for once too probably because of the streaming farce. You can watch the races outside the US live on the website too, £5 better spent on a beer my friend.
Old 8 Aug 2012, 02:32 (Ref:3117386)   #254
amidst tundra
Racer

United Kingdom
Andover
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
No problem, they actually got it up real quick for once too probably because of the streaming farce. You can watch the races outside the US live on the website too, £5 better spent on a beer my friend.
True, but I work as a night porter so I'll earn £18 watching this race... boss is away
Old 8 Aug 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3117461)   #255
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidst tundra View Post
Is that available to watch all regions? If so why did I pay £5 for ESPN player lol... that's a beer lost. Yep does work! Cheers.
The ESPN Player comes with higher Bitrate. You can choose up to 2,2Mbit/s, which looks really good. The Player on alms.com does not provide such a high bitrate, so as a result the stream does not look as good as the ESPN one.
Old 8 Aug 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3117757)   #256
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I actually have an idea for what will happen to Core Autosport next year. Considering that the team has had a very close relationship with Starworks Motorsport (in particular lending drivers), I think Pottolichio might fund a Core Autosport P2 car or Core could help run a Starworks P2 car. If Starworks pulls completely out of Grand-Am next year, I think they could have enough resources to run a 2nd WEC car as well as an ALMS car with Core's help.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3117765)   #257
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
I actually have an idea for what will happen to Core Autosport next year. Considering that the team has had a very close relationship with Starworks Motorsport (in particular lending drivers), I think Pottolichio might fund a Core Autosport P2 car or Core could help run a Starworks P2 car. If Starworks pulls completely out of Grand-Am next year, I think they could have enough resources to run a 2nd WEC car as well as an ALMS car with Core's help.
I seem to remember Bennett suggesting the possibility of an independent CA P2 effort (in an interview with Dagys - if memory serves) a while ago. Adding Starworks to that scenario certainly can't be a negative.

There was another rumour (not too long ago) about the possibility of a big GA/DP team making the switch between series. Perhaps the two items are related?
Old 9 Aug 2012, 02:36 (Ref:3117770)   #258
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Big team would suggest to me either a 2 car team or a top team .

Love to see Ganassi come to ALMS with their sponsor and drivers .
Old 9 Aug 2012, 02:44 (Ref:3117773)   #259
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Big team would suggest to me either a 2 car team or a top team .

Love to see Ganassi come to ALMS with their sponsor and drivers .
The LAST thing the ALMS, especially a privateer class like LMP2, needs is the Ganassi Cancer.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 02:59 (Ref:3117777)   #260
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Core Autosport and Starworks Motorsport are not related. Core Autosport is Jon Bennett's South Carolina-based race team. He has built them up from IMSA Lites through his own personal wealth gained from being successful in the composites industry. He has done the intelligent thing and rented his second car to paying drivers to help defray costs while doubling data over the weekend, increasing chances for teams titles etc.

Starworks Motorsport is Peter Baron's wholly professional race team based in Florida. He makes money by providing the infrastructure for guys like Enzo Potolicchio and Alex Popow to go racing at the highest levels of North American and World motorsport.

The 06 Core Autosport car had two seats open when Frankie Montecalvo took his business elsewhere (along with Gunnar Jeanette his mentor, driver coach, co-driver etc.). And after Potolicchio had wound up doing a WEC program Popow added Sebring in the Core car to his Grand-Am programs (Rolex and CTSCC in Mustangs before that fell apart) and after liking the ALMS, the PC class and feeling competitive he signed on for a full season in PC with Core and has brought Ryan Dalziel to some races because of his previous existing relationship with them through Starworks. (How the Tom Kimber-Smith deal worked out, I don't know. Likely Alex met him through Starworks' WEC program and he needed him in the Core car when Dalziel couldn't make it.)

Peter Baron has irons in many fires going into 2013, as he always does, because he is a businessman and will run program for profit. Should Enzo stick with Peter Baron (and I assume he will because they seem to have a good relationship that has brought them a Le Mans 24 Hour win, a Sebring win and were a Lucas Luhr mistake away from winning the Daytona 24) they will likely choose between an ALMS program or a WEC program for 2013 - in each case, one car, one championship. Enzo probably won't go back to Grand-Am, unless they make a major appeal to him and that doesn't fit the NASCAR "you need us but we don't need you" mantra. Enzo could replace his Grand-Am effort with an ALMS effort in addition to the WEC. However amongst the many reasons that won't necessarilly happen, the WEC will have a lame schedule (outside of Sebring, Spa, Le Mans and Silverstone), having already achieved a Le Mans 24 Hour win and a (knock on wood) a World Championship to his name, the ALMS could be the target in 2013.

Core Autosport's 2013 plans are contingent on what Jon wants to do. Does he want to move up to P2 and try his hand at Le Mans? Or will he stick with PC? Also, the second Core car will be rented out as it has been since the inception of the program.

tl;dr The two teams are unrelated, the appearance of driver "sharing" is purely coincidental. Their 2013 plans are highly unlikely to involve one another and I don't think Enzo dropping the Grand-Am program as a guarantee to expanding his WEC program or even replacing the Grand-Am program with ALMS or somesuch. And finally, Enzo is only worth one car in any series he runs, his car, until someone can prove to me he is paying for Alex Popow (why isn't Alex quitting GA if he is reliant on Enzo's money?).

Also FWIW, I'm hard pressed to identify the teams (plural) that are leaving Grand-Am...

Chris
Old 9 Aug 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3117779)   #261
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
The LAST thing the ALMS, especially a privateer class like LMP2, needs is the Ganassi Cancer.

Why ?
Old 9 Aug 2012, 03:29 (Ref:3117783)   #262
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Why ?
With Chip's Telmex mega-bucks he'll outspend the class and dominate smaller teams, under his reign of dominance in DP the series have gone from nearly 30 to 9 full time cars. In nearly every series he races in, they also get away with cheating, and always get the best of race control, then complains when things don't go his way, like in CART asking Da Matta to be "Thrown out of the series" at Milwaukee when he simply didn't have enough time to drive into the pitlane and had to go another lap with his engine blown. Or of course this year when they, especially their drivers, complained about BMW being "down on power" and Pruett calling it unfair. Or of course knocking out both your top competitors at the 2011 Rolex 24 with Juan Pablo Montoya in the 02 and doing the same to their top championship contenders at the Brickyard. If Ganassi came to LMP2, the class would die with it. Plus I doubt he would in the first place.

Interesting how in a series with much bigger fish than him, NASCAR, the team struggles and is nowhere near a championship winning program. Mind you, when one of your drivers just wants to collect a paycheck, play golf, and eat cheeseburgers you are slightly handicapped
Old 9 Aug 2012, 04:28 (Ref:3117792)   #263
The Badger
Veteran

Woooow ..... sorry I asked !!!
Old 9 Aug 2012, 04:31 (Ref:3117794)   #264
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
With Chip's Telmex mega-bucks he'll outspend the class and dominate smaller teams, under his reign of dominance in DP the series have gone from nearly 30 to 9 full time cars. In nearly every series he races in, they also get away with cheating, and always get the best of race control, then complains when things don't go his way, like in CART asking Da Matta to be "Thrown out of the series" at Milwaukee when he simply didn't have enough time to drive into the pitlane and had to go another lap with his engine blown. Or of course this year when they, especially their drivers, complained about BMW being "down on power" and Pruett calling it unfair. Or of course knocking out both your top competitors at the 2011 Rolex 24 with Juan Pablo Montoya in the 02 and doing the same to their top championship contenders at the Brickyard. If Ganassi came to LMP2, the class would die with it. Plus I doubt he would in the first place.

Interesting how in a series with much bigger fish than him, NASCAR, the team struggles and is nowhere near a championship winning program. Mind you, when one of your drivers just wants to collect a paycheck, play golf, and eat cheeseburgers you are slightly handicapped
I've never understood why he is in DP in the first place. I know he tried his hand at sports cars in the Eighties... but Ganassi Racing + DP has never made sense to me.

I always assumed his lack of success in NASCAR has been because he is incapable of bullying them the way he has been able to bully in open-wheel. He finally found an organization that surpasses his capabilities for wrong doing and tyranny.

Chris
Old 9 Aug 2012, 04:32 (Ref:3117795)   #265
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Behave. Inappropriate.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 04:35 (Ref:3117796)   #266
amidst tundra
Racer

United Kingdom
Andover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
The ESPN Player comes with higher Bitrate. You can choose up to 2,2Mbit/s, which looks really good. The Player on alms.com does not provide such a high bitrate, so as a result the stream does not look as good as the ESPN one.
To be honest, if I can watch it, I'm not bothered how it looks to a point. The number of people complaining the GT1 World uploads aren't in HD grate on me. Then again, I only had a HD TV for a few months before I sold it.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 04:47 (Ref:3117797)   #267
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
The LAST thing the ALMS, especially a privateer class like LMP2, needs is the large teams such as Ganassi with major budgets in a privateer pro-am category, especially a team that has a history of rather sketchy rules and bullying the paddock in other series.
Is that better? If it offends anybody, then I'm sorry and invite any moderator to please edit my original post.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 04:49 (Ref:3117798)   #268
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Behave. Inappropriate.
My apologies.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 05:10 (Ref:3117803)   #269
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Behave. Inappropriate.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3117836)   #270
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What is so bad when it's a good opportunity to strike Grand-Am by having Ganassi joining ALMS?
Old 9 Aug 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3117841)   #271
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Ganassi would be better off in P1...
Old 9 Aug 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3117914)   #272
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember, Ganassi is a principle in Delta Wing. Just saying.....
Old 9 Aug 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3117926)   #273
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Remember, Ganassi is a principle in Delta Wing. Just saying.....
So Ganassi would defect to ALMS and race in Delta Wing cars?
Old 9 Aug 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3117941)   #274
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I've never understood why he is in DP in the first place.
He makes money doing it.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3117948)   #275
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
So Ganassi would defect to ALMS and race in Delta Wing cars?
God forbid , I hope not !!!

Surely he wants competition and not to race in a one chassis class .

I will swith off the TV .