Old 20 Aug 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2525258)   #251
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
I was a bit confused by this article. According to this, presumably, 28 cars will be entered, but didn't the rules released just yesterday set the limit at 26 and confirmed the new quali regs. If they were about to announce two new entries then surely they would have made a provision in the new rules for the eventuality of 26+ cars?

Unless of course the FIA know something no-one else does and someone's going imminently, in which case this may be them forcing someone's hand into announcing their departure sooner rather then later...!

Be ready for another pull out this weekend or next.
No one would be too surprised to lose another team before the start of next season. Or maybe we'll see 28 cars going for 26 grid spots - two DNQ's??
Old 20 Aug 2009, 22:56 (Ref:2525263)   #252
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Rosberg seemingly out of Williams and riding off towards the sunset (or the direction of Williams), Nakajima replaced by The Hulk, possibly going to Toyota as a test driver. Apparently Heikki, Nick and JV (the guy who's been linked to quite possibly every team on the grid) would fight it out for the second seat. My bet is Nick.
JV back at Williams? Now I've heard everything...you got a source for that?

Rubens has been talking to Williams as well, although last indication was that he'll be retained by Brawn for his 962nd year in F1
Old 21 Aug 2009, 01:02 (Ref:2525283)   #253
AC4 F1
Rookie

AC4 F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Actually, this sort of makes sense. He won A1 GP in a Ferrari, and both Ferrari's main testers are getting on a bit, with Badoer's race outing possibly a farewell to the team. So Adam as their tester isn't such a silly suggestion

Here's Adam Carroll on the largest talkshow in Ireland on May 23rd.

2.9 million viewers. Apparently this led to the filthy looker flowing in...

http://www.rte.ie/tv/tubridytonight/...50301,null,228

Fair play AC...
Old 21 Aug 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2525288)   #254
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
What a nice guy Adam Carroll seems to be, I enjoyed the down to earth interview...

Welcome to Ten-Tenths AC4 F1...
Old 21 Aug 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2525456)   #255
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sauber buy-out plans "well advanced" - Ferrari engines and Malaysian (Petronas?) backing. Wonder if they'll badge the engines as Petronas just like the good old days...of 2005

Another couple of rumours - Fisichella to replace Badoer as Ferrari tester and Prodrive to buy Force India?
Old 21 Aug 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2525595)   #256
csirl
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And I very much doubt it's Graham either

It's probably Summerton unfortunately
Agree - remember who said it first
Old 21 Aug 2009, 15:53 (Ref:2525618)   #257
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Alonso 'likely' to go to Ferrari,while Raikkonen is 'likely' to go to another team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8214450.stm
Old 21 Aug 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2525714)   #258
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Alonso 'likely' to go to Ferrari,while Raikkonen is 'likely' to go to another team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8214450.stm
I don't buy for one second Raikkonen going to a team. He said a while back his last team would be Ferrari. He's off to WRC.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2525725)   #259
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Why should the Alonso deal still be considered silly season material??? Whitmarsh has only said what was the worst kept secret since Kimi signed for Maranello.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2525930)   #260
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A strange one. It doesn't make much sense due to the 26 car limit, but you never know. Unless of course another team is about to pull out or one will be held as a reserve

Let 'em all in and lets bring back pre-qualifying.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2526038)   #261
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I agree Ghinz, let them all out in qualy, all it would need is couple of adjustments to the knock out format I reckon?

Reading today that Howett has been 'quoted' as suggesting no agreement will be reached with Trulli to extend his contract at Toyota, but that Glock is highly likely to be kept on.

So who will replace Trulli? Nakajima perhaps (along with the end of Williams Toyota engines...), or how about Kubica, or, Heidfeld on a one year deal, something like that?
Old 22 Aug 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2526084)   #262
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
So who will replace Trulli?
Kubica, well, he's been linked to everyother drive after all!
Old 22 Aug 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2526157)   #263
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Toyota not likely to renew Trulli's contract.Trulli also suggests that "probably" another team will leave F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77894
Old 22 Aug 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2526172)   #264
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Petrov in with Campos Suñer's team, I think F1 needs a driver with a chunky girlfriend as an alternative to the usual stick insects..

BTW did anyone see on Friday practice a cutaway shot to one of the hospitality areas where they alighted on what looked like a middle age woman to me, but they said "thats Webbers girlfriend" - is he a MILF man then? or even GILF?
Old 22 Aug 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2526186)   #265
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
I'd like to see Petrov in with Campos Suñer's team, I think F1 needs a driver with a chunky girlfriend as an alternative to the usual stick insects..
Yes! more BBW.

Quote:
BTW did anyone see on Friday practice a cutaway shot to one of the hospitality areas where they alighted on what looked like a middle age woman to me, but they said "thats Webbers girlfriend" - is he a MILF man then? or even GILF?
Maybe the commentator was looking at another monitor....maybe.

And the lamb lies down on Broadway.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2526206)   #266
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lol. That chunky blonde is his manager , not girlfriend. Her name is Oksana, she was also TV commentator.
And Webber wife older than him at about 8 years , thats true.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 18:38 (Ref:2526216)   #267
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Toyota not likely to renew Trulli's contract.Trulli also suggests that "probably" another team will leave F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77894
Williams request early end to Toyota engine deal.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77897

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking?
Old 22 Aug 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2526220)   #268
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Williams Renault sounds rather good...
Old 22 Aug 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2526226)   #269
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Williams Renault sounds rather good...
Strangely familiar.

I was actually alluding to the fact that Trulli looks like he's heading elsewhere and also hinted that another 'team' may be leaving,and now Williams want out of an engine contract that really hasn't let them down in either the power or reliability areas.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2526230)   #270
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I am with you...
Old 22 Aug 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2526231)   #271
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk View Post
Two extra entries for 2010 to be announced soon??

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21720.html
Sorry to semi-dredge this one up, but - could this be to do with the Cosworth/StefanF1/Serbian Team business? If it happens it could be a case of picking reserves I guess, admittedly I'd like to see it at 30 cars but it wouldn't always be practical to do that without DNQs. 26 would be perfectly acceptable, 28 a rounder number.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2526234)   #272
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

sO nAKAJIMA TO tOYOTA AND tRULLI TO wILLIAMS?
Old 22 Aug 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2526242)   #273
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would have thought Hulkenberg would have been higher up Williams' list than Trulli.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2526263)   #274
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I would have thought Hulkenberg would have been higher up Williams' list than Trulli.
Ah but why not both now? They wont keep Nakajima, so there could be two seats. Kubica will probably go to Renault or Toyota over Williams because they can probably pay him more. I think the real key is where will Kimi go to facilitate the arrival of Alonso? Would he ever go back to Mclaren or was the falling out too big? He was Rons previous blue eyed boy after all. If not Brawn 'cos he wont need high wages? Or Renault because they need a one of the top 5 or 6 drivers?
Old 22 Aug 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2526265)   #275
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauber11 View Post
Lol. That chunky blonde is his manager , not girlfriend. Her name is Oksana, she was also TV commentator.
And Webber wife older than him at about 8 years , thats true.
Oh deary me, I hope that doesnt come across wrong then what I said about Webber, its nice to hear of a driver with a rounded attitude that doesnt put "being a supermodel" at the top of his list of requirements in a partner. Thinking about it she was with him when he did FF in 96 when he had very little funds for racing, the fact that she got him to within touching distance of a WDC is amazing really, shows talent can still be enough, just about and with the aid of good management.

As for Vitaly, he's no oil painting himself! But I do hope he gets into F1, he drove really well today and over the past 4 years has really improved as a driver.