Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Mar 2010, 11:34 (Ref:2642580)   #251
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
That is a fantastic sign, I am really please to see Warren back in car in 2010.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2643392)   #252
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loïc Duval in the ORECA 908 alongside Panis and Lapierre, it's official
Old 2 Mar 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2643434)   #253
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Loïc Duval in the ORECA 908 alongside Panis and Lapierre, it's official
Didn't see that one coming. I had him down as a possible to appear alongside Ayari again in the the other Oreca car.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2647495)   #254
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I heard a rumour of Alesi-Fischecella-Dempsy ..... you gotta be kidding !!!
Old 8 Mar 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2647500)   #255
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Thats only if the AF Corse car on the reserve list gets in, and it was only a suggestion of what could be possible, he wasn't saying that would be the line-up for the 2nd car.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2647794)   #256
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Media would go wild at that one I suppose.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2647831)   #257
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I would like to see that-if they replaced Dempsey (and if the second AF Corse car got in that is).
Old 10 Mar 2010, 00:02 (Ref:2648615)   #258
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I would like to see that-if they replaced Dempsey (and if the second AF Corse car got in that is).
You know, Dempsey isn't all that bad. He brings some notoriety and money to the sport. With a team like that, they could have a decent placement, after all the Porsches break down again, of course.

DK
Old 10 Mar 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2648757)   #259
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Excuse me , but throwing Dempsey in with Alesi & Fischi is going a bit too far , in my opinion .

And I wonder what Alesi & Fischi would think about that too ? Why not stick him in a Pug while your at it ..... I'd go along with that move , lmao .

I cringe at the very thought !!!

That Alesi & Fischi car needs a good supporting driver , not an actor who thinks he is one .

A gentleman driver does not belong in that car , imo .
Old 12 Mar 2010, 02:13 (Ref:2650018)   #260
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Excuse me , but throwing Dempsey in with Alesi & Fischi is going a bit too far , in my opinion .

And I wonder what Alesi & Fischi would think about that too ? Why not stick him in a Pug while your at it ..... I'd go along with that move , lmao .

I cringe at the very thought !!!

That Alesi & Fischi car needs a good supporting driver , not an actor who thinks he is one .

A gentleman driver does not belong in that car , imo .
Good post. I've got nothing against Dempsey, if he wants to race at Le Mans I've nothing against that but dont put him in a car with two good drivers who could possibly score a podium (if they actually get to race that is). It would be even better if they had an experienced 430 pilot with them, seeing as though Fisi and Alesi dont have a lot of experience with the car. We'll see how those two do in the LMS before Le Mans though.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2654104)   #261
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Drivers confirmed for the #15 Kolles Audi according to a report on DCS- Christophe Bouchut, partnered by Scott Tucker of ALMS LMPC team Level 5 Motorsports, and Manu Rodriguez from the Hexis Aston team- he shared a JMB Ferrari with Bouchut last year

According to the report, they won't get a chance to race the R10 before Le Mans, but will test.

Wasn't Christian Bakkerud named in #15 on the original entry list as the ACO-designated driver, who couldn't be changed except in cases of 'force majeure' according to the regs....?
Old 17 Mar 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2654105)   #262
The Badger
Veteran

End-Info are reporting :

Bouchet-Tucker-Rodregues in a Kolles R10 .
Old 17 Mar 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2654166)   #263
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post

Wasn't Christian Bakkerud named in #15 on the original entry list as the ACO-designated driver, who couldn't be changed except in cases of 'force majeure' according to the regs....?
I also think that there is a rule that if he doesn't drive that entry then he can't drive any other either!
Old 17 Mar 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2654211)   #264
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Full press release in English on http://www.planetlemans.com/2010/03/...s-join-kolles/
Old 17 Mar 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2654236)   #265
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I also think that there is a rule that if he doesn't drive that entry then he can't drive any other either!
I'd wondered about that as well- It'll be interesting to see the final Kolles lineup for the other car...
Old 17 Mar 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2654535)   #266
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I can see the logic behind why the ACO introduced this rule, and why they made it clear that it didn't apply in cases of force majeure (injury etc) but in the light of restraint of trade legislation, as the penalty largely lies on the driver, would someone who was initially nominated, then binned by the team - through no fault of their own - have a claim against the team for limiting their ability to earn a living (thinking of something akin to the Bosman ruling in football here) or is the consensus that the ACO would look favourably on a driver in this situation (e.g. Bakkerud here)?
Old 17 Mar 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2654564)   #267
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I can see the logic behind why the ACO introduced this rule, and why they made it clear that it didn't apply in cases of force majeure (injury etc) but in the light of restraint of trade legislation, as the penalty largely lies on the driver, would someone who was initially nominated, then binned by the team - through no fault of their own - have a claim against the team for limiting their ability to earn a living (thinking of something akin to the Bosman ruling in football here) or is the consensus that the ACO would look favourably on a driver in this situation (e.g. Bakkerud here)?
One would think/hope that the latter would be the case!
Cannot 4 drivers be on a squad at Le Mans (don't remember)?

L.P.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2654569)   #268
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
One would think/hope that the latter would be the case!
I suppose, because otherwise we would probably see 4 drivers in more of the gentleman cars, to split the bill!?
Old 17 Mar 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2654574)   #269
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
End-Info are reporting :

Bouchet-Tucker-Rodregues in a Kolles R10 .
Great to see The Sacred Monster back in P1. I know he maybe in an R10 and not an R15, but it will be interesting to see his pace in the Audi.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2654710)   #270
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
L.P.
No, ACO rules specifically state maximum of three (subject came up after Stuart Hall was barred from continuing after his moment last year, and team complained about fatigue to remaining drivers).
Old 18 Mar 2010, 11:49 (Ref:2654802)   #271
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Good for Bouchut but he cannot do it alone, the other drivers need to be good as well, this line up is certainly not better then any of Kolles' two cars last year. This line up surely must bring lots of money to Kolles!
Old 18 Mar 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2654874)   #272
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
anyone else just hear on RLM that Butch Leitzinger, Graham Rahal and another driver that I cannot remember will be testing Monday after Sebring in a Corvette in preparation for LM?
Old 18 Mar 2010, 16:45 (Ref:2654970)   #273
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
No, ACO rules specifically state maximum of three (subject came up after Stuart Hall was barred from continuing after his moment last year, and team complained about fatigue to remaining drivers).
Well unless they are granted force majeure for some reason it seems that Bakkerud and Albers are set in the Kolles cars so that particular 3 man lineup is impossible.

L.P.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2655076)   #274
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
The information on Planet Le Mans states that Bakkerud can transfer within the team, which would make him eligible to drive the second Kolles car and still not infringe the regulations.

I don't know if this is correct or just wishful thinking - but it's a possible solution.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2655085)   #275
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
So that would also possibly explain the logic behind the first driver of the reserve Felbermayr Porsche being Marc Lieb, then. If there's no GT withdrawals, then they can move him within the team and into the car that's in the race.