Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 May 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3402945)   #251
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I understand its a new tourist office ruling. Those persons who are named after footballers or motor cars come last on the mailing list........
Old 6 May 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3402965)   #252
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
so i am doubly stuffed then but i am surprised anyone there remembers sir stanley
Old 6 May 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3402967)   #253
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As it happens, I have his autograph just to the side of me as I type this........
Old 6 May 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3402977)   #254
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Andrew, just the support I needed....
Old 6 May 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3403002)   #255
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll give Nadine a call in the morning and ask her to pull her finger out........
Old 7 May 2014, 07:03 (Ref:3403206)   #256
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'll give Nadine a call in the morning and ask her to pull her finger out........
That will guarantee we do not get our tickets until after the race for sure or even worse Beausjour tickets
Old 7 May 2014, 16:27 (Ref:3403404)   #257
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's OK, she tells me she's found a nice little field for you in Tours..........
Old 7 May 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3403421)   #258
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
With property prices in France on the slide for 4 camping tickets i could buy a small field in Tours
Old 7 May 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3403425)   #259
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
....or a small tour of a field........
Old 7 May 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3403428)   #260
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
....or a small tour of a field........
I would expect a large tour of a large field for that sort of money
Old 8 May 2014, 01:26 (Ref:3403587)   #261
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Get your Houx bargain here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campsite-t...E:B:SS:BE:3160
Old 8 May 2014, 06:48 (Ref:3403641)   #262
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well there has been a lack of tickets but £255 plus £10 delivery is a lot of money for something that only cost about £60
Old 8 May 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3403836)   #263
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well another one on ebay and this person wants £170 plus for a blue nord serious money again for a £50 pass
Old 9 May 2014, 07:24 (Ref:3404015)   #264
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Ridiculous, especially when a certain travel operator has "a limited number of pitches" at Bausejour still available...

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=29463
Old 9 May 2014, 07:33 (Ref:3404017)   #265
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Travel destinations still charge a premium but BJ camping still available from the ACO so you can do the same for a total of £50 for the ferry and £30 for camping per car, rather than £169 per person
Old 9 May 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3404021)   #266
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Slightly off topic I know, but am I the only one who finds the offers from a certain RLM-affiliated agency unbelievably expensive? 400 quid PER PERSON in the Porsche Curves campsite (private, I know, but still!)? 800 quid in the Flexotel village? Who the hell pays that?
Old 9 May 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3404025)   #267
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
like you i think all these packaged trips are very expensive, but some people have plenty of money and a shortage of time/experience so they just want everything sorted out for them
Old 9 May 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3404047)   #268
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
Slightly off topic I know, but am I the only one who finds the offers from a certain RLM-affiliated agency unbelievably expensive? 400 quid PER PERSON in the Porsche Curves campsite (private, I know, but still!)? 800 quid in the Flexotel village? Who the hell pays that?
They are, undeniably, expensive, but I can see the scenario where someone wants the convenience of someone doing everything for them and perhaps a level more luxury than your common or garden campsite, but still aren't in the corporate hospitality / chateau market.

Given the paucity of top line hotels around Le Mans (and the fact that they tend to insist on long bookings) you can see that there might be a certain constituency who figured it was worth paying.
Old 9 May 2014, 16:14 (Ref:3404198)   #269
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, for sure Ian. People will pay what it's worth to them...... No matter what we may think.
Old 9 May 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3404221)   #270
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
I the hell pays that!

Yes, my wife and I are booked at the TD Porsche Curves site. I'll explain why:

I also stayed at this same campsite in 2012. It was my first Le Mans and I did want someone to sort it all out for me. I'd never been there and didn't know if someone would set fire to my tent, steal all my stuff, or stick a portable toilet in my camping area. Not only that, but I am a huge fan of RLM and what they do and figured that I should support one of their advertisers.

Yes, it is expensive, and no, I am not rich enough to not notice the expense. However they do make you feel welcome and special and it is very comfortable as far as camping goes. I like knowing that I don't have to slog a BBQ from the US to France, or buy all of the necessary items there, yet I can still get a good plate of BBQ food. I can get beer on draft, someone will have a pot of coffee ready to go for me. It is secure and I don't have to worry about all my stuff. I am using them again this year because I am bringing my wife. "Happy wife, happy life", right? If it costs me some money to make her more comfortable with the bathroom and shower and food situation, meanwhile I still get to camp on the circuit, well that my friends is something you can't put a price on!

That said, I don't really understand people that are able to just pack up their cars and drive there paying that much money. But like you said, some people have enough money where it really doesn't matter.

As far as the Flexhotels are concerned, these actually make a lot more sense to me in as far as the extra expense is concerned. Take for example my friend Bob who is coming to Le Mans for the first time. Bob is well off, the idea of camping in a tent does not appeal to Bob, yet Bob wants to be at the circuit rather than a hotel. In that sense these make a lot more sense for that market.

All of the above said, again I am not rich, so I can't afford to just do whatever I want. A trip to Le Mans is expensive for someone coming from overseas. However I did convince my wife that I need to come to Le Mans every year from now on. So in 2015 I will not be with Travel Destinations and will instead take up the offer of the Camp For International Visitors (so long as that is still on offer).
Old 9 May 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3404226)   #271
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We all have to start somewhere' my first year was on a train then boat then coach, i had no idea what i was doing and when we got there early saturday we were complete virgins, but we made do and the next year we drove down in a car, with tents sleeping bags and very little else. Over the years we have got more organised and i know help others when ever i can, to be honest if i was going for the first time now i might take up the offer of other organised groups like Ken or use travel destinations, but we like it the way we do it now days and feel comfortable with all the gear we take down
Old 9 May 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3404241)   #272
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I the hell pays that!

Yes, my wife and I are booked at the TD Porsche Curves site. I'll explain why:

I also stayed at this same campsite in 2012. It was my first Le Mans and I did want someone to sort it all out for me. I'd never been there and didn't know if someone would set fire to my tent, steal all my stuff, or stick a portable toilet in my camping area. Not only that, but I am a huge fan of RLM and what they do and figured that I should support one of their advertisers.

Yes, it is expensive, and no, I am not rich enough to not notice the expense. However they do make you feel welcome and special and it is very comfortable as far as camping goes. I like knowing that I don't have to slog a BBQ from the US to France, or buy all of the necessary items there, yet I can still get a good plate of BBQ food. I can get beer on draft, someone will have a pot of coffee ready to go for me. It is secure and I don't have to worry about all my stuff. I am using them again this year because I am bringing my wife. "Happy wife, happy life", right? If it costs me some money to make her more comfortable with the bathroom and shower and food situation, meanwhile I still get to camp on the circuit, well that my friends is something you can't put a price on!

That said, I don't really understand people that are able to just pack up their cars and drive there paying that much money. But like you said, some people have enough money where it really doesn't matter.

As far as the Flexhotels are concerned, these actually make a lot more sense to me in as far as the extra expense is concerned. Take for example my friend Bob who is coming to Le Mans for the first time. Bob is well off, the idea of camping in a tent does not appeal to Bob, yet Bob wants to be at the circuit rather than a hotel. In that sense these make a lot more sense for that market.

All of the above said, again I am not rich, so I can't afford to just do whatever I want. A trip to Le Mans is expensive for someone coming from overseas. However I did convince my wife that I need to come to Le Mans every year from now on. So in 2015 I will not be with Travel Destinations and will instead take up the offer of the Camp For International Visitors (so long as that is still on offer).

Fair enough! When you put it like that...

I can certainly see why fans travelling from far afield would prefer that extra level of comfort and peace of mind.
Old 9 May 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3404246)   #273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Each to his own. We all do what we do because we like it or because it's the most sensible way - for us.
Old 11 May 2014, 13:23 (Ref:3404926)   #274
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Thought this was the most expensive ever le mans ticket seen on e bay, but the space is one of the triple spots with 6 GE as well
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LeMans-201...item27e3cd0d32
Old 12 May 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3405515)   #275
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Suddenlly plenty of camping on e bay, but good sites are fetching silly money