Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Feb 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3203083)   #251
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awesome to see Karun Chandhok and Kamui Kobayashi testing for AF Corse!

Would be great to have Karun back and Kamui in sportscars.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-15800.html

The Ferrari Pro seats were intriguing me and now they are REALLY intriguing me. Luca Filippi also in the mix. I wonder if he'd be rated Platinum to scupper his Am chances? What do you reckon Victor?

Also, is Vilander done? Bertolini? We know Beretta will do Le Mans but there are some clashes with his Risi duties in the ALMS coming up.
Old 11 Feb 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3203117)   #252
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Awesome to see Karun Chandhok and Kamui Kobayashi testing for AF Corse!

Would be great to have Karun back and Kamui in sportscars.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-15800.html

The Ferrari Pro seats were intriguing me and now they are REALLY intriguing me. Luca Filippi also in the mix. I wonder if he'd be rated Platinum to scupper his Am chances? What do you reckon Victor?

Also, is Vilander done? Bertolini? We know Beretta will do Le Mans but there are some clashes with his Risi duties in the ALMS coming up.
I have a feeling we'll see Vilander and Bertolini back.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:58 (Ref:3203384)   #253
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If Kobayashi could do what Nakajima has done in terms of speed, he'll be a good bet. He has experience on every circuit but LeMans, but Nakajima was a rookie as well and set some blazing times. Pity he ran into the little black delta. I'm rooting for him.
Old 13 Feb 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3204242)   #254
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you look at Nakajima's time in F1 you'll see he always had fantastic outright and race pace, just with a tendancy to throw it off the course. As for Kobayashi he has a little less outright pace but, I think, a little more control, so I see no problem with him in WEC racing.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3204294)   #255
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
If you look at Nakajima's time in F1 you'll see he always had fantastic outright and race pace, just with a tendancy to throw it off the course. As for Kobayashi he has a little less outright pace but, I think, a little more control, so I see no problem with him in WEC racing.
A little more control? Laughable!!!

...no offense, but Kobayashi is called "Kobash" for a very good reason. Just think back to the 2012 Korean Grand Prix.

As for the Ferrari deal, I've done a little more thinking. Karun Chandhok has shown his mettle in the WEC and it would be a crying shame for him not to get a spot. There's certainly plenty in LMP2, which is why I am a little bit confused that he is obviously trying out for GTE. He's always been an LMP and Formula driver, not really a GT driver. As for Kobayashi, same thing. LMP2 would suit him better. Davide Rigon would be a perfect fit for the #71 in Le Mans and the WEC.

Here's how it could roll out...

Situation #1: No full-time Beretta in WEC because of ALMS duties and no Bertolini... three open spots for the #71 Le Mans and two for full-time WEC

Situation #2: No full-time Beretta in WEC because of ALMS duties, Bertolini returns... two open spots for Le Mans for the #71 and one for full-time WEC

Situation #3: Vilander at Le Mans, no open spot for #51

Situation #4: No Vilander at Le Mans, one spot for #51

A lot of different things could happen. One can only wait for the next news clip. I expect we'll hear by the beginning of March... significant time after the test for them to evaluate their options and make a good decision.

One more thing... why is Melo "out of Ferrari factory duties" this year?
Old 14 Feb 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3204373)   #256
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Only if you think Rosberg is god in a racing car. Look, Kobayashi was far closer to Perez in terms of pace than Nakajima was to Rosberg. Nakajima never had outstanding race pace in F1, I rate Kobayashi as the better F1 driver in almost every criteria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

...no offense, but Kobayashi is called "Kobash" for a very good reason. Just think back to the 2012 Korean Grand Prix.
Are you joking or are you making a fool of yourself?

Kobayashi was never crash prone in his time in F1, especially for someone who was always in the midfield and was an aggressive overtaker. His teammate Perez crashed out of more races. So did Michael Schumacher. Obviously he did have a moment or two where carbon fiber was shattered (in 2012, Korea and Valencia), but so did almost every driver on the grid. Kobayashi is, looking at the overall picture, reliable hands.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 06:04 (Ref:3204385)   #257
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since ESM is moving to P2 in ALMS, the status of their GTE-Am entry is in question.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 06:15 (Ref:3204391)   #258
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Since ESM is moving to P2 in ALMS, the status of their GTE-Am entry is in question.
Well they still own 2 cars so they could participate if they didn't use the budget in acquiring the P2 hardware.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 06:43 (Ref:3204404)   #259
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
From ESM's Scott Sharp :

It’s unclear the status of ESM’s entry for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, where the Florida-based team had entered a Ferrari in the GTE-Am category. Sharp, however, said they will continue their relationship with Ferrari in the GRAND-AM GT class and Ferrari Challenge.

If its pulled , then the next entry on reserve is :

98 – Aston Martin Racing – Aston Martin Vantage V8 – Stuart Hall
Old 14 Feb 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3204444)   #260
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well another Aston would be nice
Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3204521)   #261
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Question ..... as im not sure . Can ESM change their class , or was it they can change their chassis .

Wasnt that how Lister ended up at Le Mans with their P1 ..... won the Fia Gt with a Lister GT1 , and were allowed to race in P1 ..... or am I missing something ?
Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3204535)   #262
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Question ..... as im not sure . Can ESM change their class , or was it they can change their chassis .

Wasnt that how Lister ended up at Le Mans with their P1 ..... won the Fia Gt with a Lister GT1 , and were allowed to race in P1 ..... or am I missing something ?
Simple answer: no they can't. If they come to Le Mans, they will have to keep one of the Ferraris and run it there.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3204541)   #263
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

If you can pick out five times he threw his car off the track to end a race I will give you a smartie.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3204600)   #264
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Simple answer: no they can't. If they come to Le Mans, they will have to keep one of the Ferraris and run it there.
Ok , they can change chassis , but not class .
Old 14 Feb 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3204851)   #265
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No driver from Holland this year it seems
Old 14 Feb 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3204854)   #266
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't say I'm surprised to see ESM potentially ducking out.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3204855)   #267
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Can't say I'm surprised to see ESM potentially ducking out.
They say they're keeping one 458 so who knows?
Old 14 Feb 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3204861)   #268
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw View Post
No driver from Holland this year it seems
Not even Bleekemolen? Strange.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3204943)   #269
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
They say they're keeping one 458 so who knows?
Hopefully they will make the trip. They can learn a few things for the future and, as was mentioned in the ALMS thread, it frees them up a lot logistically.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3205369)   #270
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Well this is as far out of left-field as far out of left-field goes... Jota have drafted in Lucas Luhr for Le Mans. http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...cus-15887.html

Which shows further that speculations about LMP2 line-ups are pointless until teams announce line-ups.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3205372)   #271
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Definitely left field, but happy to see Lucas back in the mix all the same.

Will be interesting to see Turvey's pace but with Dolan coming on so much this will be a trio to watch.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3205374)   #272
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Definitely left field, but happy to see Lucas back in the mix all the same.

Will be interesting to see Turvey's pace but with Dolan coming on so much this will be a trio to watch.
Yeah, a fast gentleman driver (i.e. Dolan, DHH, Thiriet, Perez-Companc) plus two seasoned pros is a mighty combination in LMP2.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3205431)   #273
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure where to fit this as the speculation thread has been locked but there is substantial rumours suggesting Petter Solberg will be competing in the LM24h this year with the Oreca team - from Norwegian press.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 17:57 (Ref:3205432)   #274
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
Not sure where to fit this as the speculation thread has been locked but there is substantial rumours suggesting Petter Solberg will be competing in the LM24h this year with the Oreca team - from Norwegian press.
With what Oreca team? There's 8 LMP2 Orecas run by 8 different teams (none of them being the "factory" team).
Old 15 Feb 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3205444)   #275
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
With what Oreca team? There's 8 LMP2 Orecas run by 8 different teams (none of them being the "factory" team).
I'm afraid that's all the information I have - I'm not a Le Mans expert I'm afraid but I know LM24 is in his plans, and Norwegian press have been reporting his previous links with Oreca (did some tests for them 3 or so years back) will come to fruition this year. If I hear more I'll put it on here.