Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Apr 2023, 01:51 (Ref:4150907)   #251
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Still confused by NASCAR running on Easter and Mothers Day, especially the Bristol dirt race over just another oval. But then I napped most of the afternoon and forgot it was on
This is an odd one for me, too. Not sure what they're thinking.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
But the best thing about yellows you get to see the chose drone. We’re in the future!

Mike Joy is excited about the "Choose Drone". It does sound a look really futuristic or just lame.
Old 10 Apr 2023, 02:23 (Ref:4150909)   #252
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When they realised McDowell can spin and they don’t need to call a caution we got less yellows.

Glad Bell won.

Bristol didn’t seem that full. Easter, dirt, or the death of the sport?

The drone? Futuristic lameness. To be fair it was just a neat solution.
Old 10 Apr 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4150960)   #253
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was certainly refreshing to see them not throw yellows for a spin and continue.

In the end, I did enjoy watching the guys run the high line on the cushion inches from the wall in just about every car out there had all four corners mashed in a little bit. It was fun !

Choose drone is two-fold with the camera on it so good on us with drones and choosing restart lines. FIA, are you listening?
Old 10 Apr 2023, 23:08 (Ref:4151015)   #254
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
FIA, are you listening?
No.
Irrespective of topic.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4151077)   #255
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hell they can't figure out when a restart is a restart and now you want them to agree on a drone manufacturer and placement on the track?
Old 11 Apr 2023, 18:01 (Ref:4151126)   #256
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
NASCAR has decided to penalize Kyle Larson $50K and 50 points for deliberately colliding with Ryan Preece at Bristol.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 18:16 (Ref:4151128)   #257
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First of the Historic Exhibition cars added to The Mitty car list. 1949 Olds Rocket 88.

That one
Old 11 Apr 2023, 19:10 (Ref:4151134)   #258
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
First of the Historic Exhibition cars added to The Mitty car list. 1949 Olds Rocket 88.

That one
Is it just exhibit, or will it run some laps?
Old 11 Apr 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4151135)   #259
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
There's an exhibition lap time Fri and Sat evening so I'm guessing it will do parade laps with others. '85 Hardees Thunderbird (Kulwicki car), 98 Valvoline Taurus (M Martin) added to the exhibition list this afternoon

41 other stock cars from the 80s, 90s and shedload of 2006-14 will actually race race, with some dudes names Bill and Joe
Old 14 Apr 2023, 12:43 (Ref:4151425)   #260
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Chase is fixed and back for Martinsville this weekend.

Hope they've done something with the package as it was off to sleep in the chair for me last year...
Old 16 Apr 2023, 08:07 (Ref:4151698)   #261
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm conflicted. I really dislike Logano as a driver, but I quite enjoy listening to him in the broadcast booth. (I'm currently watching a saved stream of last nights' xfinity race from Martinsville.)
Old 17 Apr 2023, 12:57 (Ref:4151990)   #262
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, I used to hate Logano. As a driver I can admire his talent but still dislike his in my opinion overly aggressiveness at times.

In the booth he comes across as a great guy who really knows his stuff and is passionate about it.
Old 20 Apr 2023, 13:24 (Ref:4152267)   #263
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
For what it's worth, NASCAR's Final Appeals Officer made the same amendments to Kauig's penalties that the appeals board made to HMS's penalties from last month. NASCAR changed how the appeals board can amend penalties (can't get rid of one part of the penalty entirely without throwing out the whole penalty), but NASCAR made an exception here, and asked for the changes here for sake of consistency.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 16:22 (Ref:4152639)   #264
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last night's xfinity race felt like an old school Talladega race. The 2005 UAW-Ford 500 comes to mind.

Which is a good thing, because I don't have high hopes for the Cup race later today.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 21:31 (Ref:4152698)   #265
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Tony Stewart in a suit is just not NASCAR. I don't care what he's doing. C'mon FOX!!!
Old 23 Apr 2023, 22:46 (Ref:4152704)   #266
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Well asides from Logano being Logano I thought we were on for a super clean race. But no. Silly of me to think it...
Old 23 Apr 2023, 22:56 (Ref:4152705)   #267
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
F Kyle Busch
Old 24 Apr 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4152753)   #268
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
F Kyle Busch
It appears the medias don't agree with that. No reporting on the race just his rant and how Spire Motorsports should be fired in to the sun

Awwww, passing him isn't fun and easy for you?? “I don’t know. Ask everyone else,” the 37-year-old responded. “As far as him with me, he’s been a pain in the d*** to race with and pass for years — just coming up and lapping him and things like that. Every time I’m around him, it’s like he tries an extra 20% harder to make sure I stay behind him. Just not fun."
Old 24 Apr 2023, 16:40 (Ref:4152806)   #269
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I actually agree with Busch over LaJoie.

I mean don't get me wrong, end of a race, end of a stage race for your life. But the other week at MartinsvilleLaJoie was a ton slower. I reckon a younger Busch would have dumped LaJoie. You just know Logano would have...
Old 24 Apr 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4152816)   #270
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Frustrating race. The drivers know it's a pain to move forward and yet they didn't bother taking opportunities presented to them. Like, why didn't Gibbs go down in front of Blaney to take control of both lanes when he had several excellent chances to do so? Naahh, lemme just stay in my lane like a chump to let the strongest car go back ahead.

Shame about the end. Wallace's car was twitchy enough to begin with so those aggressive blocks were pretty doomed. At least he's taken responsibility for the wreck.

Not sure I liked seeing Larson's rollcage twisted inwards like that.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 18:19 (Ref:4152829)   #271
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I actually agree with Busch over LaJoie.

I mean don't get me wrong, end of a race, end of a stage race for your life. But the other week at MartinsvilleLaJoie was a ton slower. I reckon a younger Busch would have dumped LaJoie. You just know Logano would have...
He might have a leg to stand on if he hadn't dumped multiple cars over his career and intentionally tried to end others racing careers. Sorry son, but you reap what you sow and notice how NO ONE else in the field stood up for you?? That says something
Old 26 Apr 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4153063)   #272
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
He might have a leg to stand on if he hadn't dumped multiple cars over his career and intentionally tried to end others racing careers. Sorry son, but you reap what you sow and notice how NO ONE else in the field stood up for you?? That says something
All true. His behaviour/ standards from earlier in his career were not good at all. Great talent, bad attitude, which many will never forget.
Old 26 Apr 2023, 12:03 (Ref:4153064)   #273
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Frustrating race. The drivers know it's a pain to move forward and yet they didn't bother taking opportunities presented to them. Like, why didn't Gibbs go down in front of Blaney to take control of both lanes when he had several excellent chances to do so? Naahh, lemme just stay in my lane like a chump to let the strongest car go back ahead.

Shame about the end. Wallace's car was twitchy enough to begin with so those aggressive blocks were pretty doomed. At least he's taken responsibility for the wreck.

Not sure I liked seeing Larson's rollcage twisted inwards like that.
Yeah, I think Larson is blessed his car took that impact on the passenger side. Don't know how far the damaged cage pushed in, but can imagine that having contacted the driver if the impact was his side. Glad they're all OK, that I think was the closest we've come to tragedy since Ryan Newman's Daytona accident. I truly was thankful and amazed that days later he walked out of hospital largely OK.
Old 28 Apr 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4153368)   #274
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Not 2023 but nice cars
Old 28 Apr 2023, 21:19 (Ref:4153414)   #275
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
If you prefer even older flavor