Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2433930)   #251
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The valid results are one lap before the red flag...
Old 5 Apr 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2433931)   #252
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Fo god's sake, race set back to lap 31 and Nick and Timo swap positions?!!

1 Button
2 Nick
3 Glock
4 Trulli
5 Rubens
6 Lewis?
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2433933)   #253
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Fo god's sake, race set back to lap 31 and Nick and Timo swap positions?!!

1 Button
2 Nick
3 Glock
4 Trulli
5 Rubens
6 Lewis?
6 Webber
7 Hamilton
8 Rosberg
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2433934)   #254
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New Webber would pit 1 lap before the downpour & thus chuck him back in the pack - always the way for poor Mark
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2433935)   #255
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The valid results are from one lap before the red flag.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2433936)   #256
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
What a great season we're having so far!!!!!!
Are you joking? It is a farce.

And now they swap the podium positions! And why do they do that? Because they decided to declare the red flagged race the same way they always have. Pathetic.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2433939)   #257
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The rule states the valid results are always one lap before the red flag.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2433941)   #258
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
The rule states the valid results are always one lap before the red flag.
What a joke.

(OK, I'll stop now. It was bloody brilliant.)
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2433943)   #259
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

And only half of the points will be given.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2433944)   #260
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore View Post
What a joke.

(OK, I'll stop now. It was bloody brilliant.)

Remember Fisi in Brazil some years ago...
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2433945)   #261
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
New Webber would pit 1 lap before the downpour & thus chuck him back in the pack - always the way for poor Mark
im glad you find it funny
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:08 (Ref:2433948)   #262
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Rubens not a happy bunny (again) then?!!!

"Dodgy pit stops and confused call from the pit wall"

Anyway, little doubt that Toyota look like the main challengers to Brawn for the forseeable future, with RBR hot on their heels?
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2433951)   #263
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is good stuff isn't it?
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2433952)   #264
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
This is good stuff isn't it?
Yes it is.
If you don't like this then you'd have hated 1980s GP racing.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2433954)   #265
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The position order change stuff was clearly part of the anti-Hamilton/anti-Mclaren witchhunt conspiracy.

I don't understand how it could be seen as following standard procedure.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2433958)   #266
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead View Post
im glad you find it funny

I beleive it was probably a little joke at the unlucky Webber tag. Maybe to have a little joke with those that get so worked up about such things
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2433962)   #267
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It took them a long time to work them out, but the amended results are correct by my understanding of the rules, so nothing to do with any so-called anti-Hamilton/anti-McLaren conspiracy.

Shame for Glock, though
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2433971)   #268
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
It took them a long time to work them out, but the amended results are correct by my understanding of the rules, so nothing to do with any so-called anti-Hamilton/anti-McLaren conspiracy.

Shame for Glock, though
Much better than getting it wrong though, wasn't it Fisi in Brazil who had to wait for the next GP to get his trophy.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2433978)   #269
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Um, if you were responding to me with that, I was 100% being not even slightly serious.

It was a plenty enjoyable race insofar as it lasted. It is going to be interesting to see what Bernie has to say about everything, though, since what happened cannot be put in the totally surprising category.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2433980)   #270
emmer
Rookie

Japan
emmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race, but unfortunately too short. If only it had started earlier (so a restart would be possible)... than it would be excellent. Stupid decisions.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2434003)   #271
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
News is coming in that Hamilton let Rosberg by under the safety car......only kidding.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2434004)   #272
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
Um, if you were responding to me with that, I was 100% being not even slightly serious.
I didn't think you were, but there are some who might take that view...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
It was a plenty enjoyable race insofar as it lasted. It is going to be interesting to see what Bernie has to say about everything, though, since what happened cannot be put in the totally surprising category.
There seems to be general agreement that the race was started an hour too late and that would actually have made all the difference. I don't think it would have made any difference to the viewing public either.

I know the rules have to be followed, but given the amount of effort put into the race, shorter though it may have been, by the drivers and the teams, half points do seem to be a meagre reward.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2434023)   #273
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Well, I don't think we need to revise the points deal since the last time it happened was 1991.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2434061)   #274
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I was really enjoying that until it became impossible to race. Bernie has got a bit too greedy - people have been saying for months that running the race so late in the day would be too dangerous because it rains cats and dogs at the same time every day, and he should have listened. He wanted the biggest TV audience he could get, and his viewers only got half a race. A huge error on his part, IMO.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 5 Apr 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2434101)   #275
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I was really enjoying that until it became impossible to race. Bernie has got a bit too greedy - people have been saying for months that running the race so late in the day would be too dangerous because it rains cats and dogs at the same time every day, and he should have listened. He wanted the biggest TV audience he could get, and his viewers only got half a race. A huge error on his part, IMO.
Sometimes things have to break while you work on them in order to find out what you better should not do.
Let's hope for more reasonable starting times next season