Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:09 (Ref:2569132)   #251
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the paper already...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:11 (Ref:2569135)   #252
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:12 (Ref:2569137)   #253
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Quote:
Stewards are likely, however, to investigate an incident between Whincup and Holden driver Jason Bargwanna, who secured his second career pole for today's first race earlier in the day, which could potentially cost the TeamVodafone ace some points if he's found guilty of any wrongdoing.

"Jamie's obviously on some sort of mission to wreck everyone's day out there,'' Bargwanna told the Seven network.

"That was just out of control

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2569148)   #254
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that was ****ed up at the start.

great job by David Reynolds shame about the failure.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:33 (Ref:2569150)   #255
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have PCR used up their engine stock for the season?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2569153)   #256
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the way PCR are going and the way Sprint Gas are going i think they are better off using the Sprint Gas Holdens.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2569157)   #257
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I couldn't get over the dodgy pit exit,only luck there wasn't a major coming together there.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:44 (Ref:2569161)   #258
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
the way PCR are going and the way Sprint Gas are going i think they are better off using the Sprint Gas Holdens.
Release on VESA regarding PCR
Old 25 Oct 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2569176)   #259
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

More correctly: 'In the Telegraph already...' ie. In the ON-LINE VERSION already!

But not necessarily in the 'paper' version yet!
Old 25 Oct 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2569178)   #260
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....

Quote:
UPDATE 7: FINAL 1800hrs Sunday 25th October 2009

Matters arising from Race 20 - Leg 2:

The Stewards imposed a PLP on Car #888 Craig Lowndes for a driving infringement on Car #39 Russell Ingall.

Old 25 Oct 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2569192)   #261
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Bargwanna is having a laugh if he thinks there was anything out of control with Whincups move. If we are going to critisize that kind of manouvre no one is going to be overtaking anyone.
I was sure the rule was explained you have to execute the move safely. Bargs gave him plenty of room and whincup still hit him into the wall.....

If that move is perfectly fine, i sure hope #3 and #51 offer some payback when the title is down to the wire at the last race
Old 25 Oct 2009, 09:55 (Ref:2569218)   #262
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....

Old 25 Oct 2009, 10:05 (Ref:2569223)   #263
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....

Old 25 Oct 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2569235)   #264
Toads
Rookie

Australia
Toads should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
One of my favourite corners. This corner catches many out, because as they turn into Breaker street, there's a little rise that unsettles the cars. It why quite often you see the back ends step out. Most don't try to overtake as they learn quickly that it's a corner that can bite.

But every now 'n again you get a cocky one like JW here, trying the lunge up the inside. And more often than not, someone comes off second best. In this case Bargs had the honour. In all the time this event has happened, the only one who mastered such a move and got away with it. Was Nigel Mansell in the Newman-Haas Lola in 1993. Since then, that type of manouver on that corner has usually ended in tears.

EDIT: Mansell Manouver at 5 minute 55 second mark

Last edited by Toads; 25 Oct 2009 at 10:49.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2569247)   #265
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought there was a regulation this year that stipulate the overall number of people that could work on each car during the weekend?

According to Channel 7, people from other teams were assisting 888 to get Whincup back on track, plus this report says 4 members of the Logan Smash repair team assisted too: http://www.v8supercars.com.au/conten...9/fever_pitch/

I would have thought that would have put them over the limit?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2569263)   #266
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
I thought there was a regulation this year that stipulate the overall number of people that could work on each car during the weekend?

According to Channel 7, people from other teams were assisting 888 to get Whincup back on track, plus this report says 4 members of the Logan Smash repair team assisted too: http://www.v8supercars.com.au/conten...9/fever_pitch/

I would have thought that would have put them over the limit?
Do you know the exact wording? Cause it could stipulate 'team members' meaning people employed by that team. Therefore others are free to join (unless your thinking of the rule which only applies to pit lane? That was in the garage....)
Old 25 Oct 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2569266)   #267
Toads
Rookie

Australia
I thought I heard that they said they had dropped that ruling for this round since the change to the 4 x 150km schedule. Due to the minimal turn around times inbetween races.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2569276)   #268
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toads View Post
One of my favourite corners. This corner catches many out, because as they turn into Breaker street, there's a little rise that unsettles the cars. It why quite often you see the back ends step out. Most don't try to overtake as they learn quickly that it's a corner that can bite.

But every now 'n again you get a cocky one like JW here, trying the lunge up the inside. And more often than not, someone comes off second best. In this case Bargs had the honour. In all the time this event has happened, the only one who mastered such a move and got away with it. Was Nigel Mansell in the Newman-Haas Lola in 1993. Since then, that type of manouver on that corner has usually ended in tears.

EDIT: Mansell Manouver at 5 minute 55 second mark
Is that it...

Old 25 Oct 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2569283)   #269
Toads
Rookie

Australia
Yup retro, Well, it wasn't really tidy, lol. But he did manage to get away with it. I was standing on that corner when he went for it. It doesn't look like much on tele, but it definately was a crowd pleaser in the vicinity, when Mansell pulled it off.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2569286)   #270
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Retro where do you find the stewards reports?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2569587)   #271
GoLowndes
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
GoLowndes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Crompton mentioned during the telecast that this rule had been relaxed for the weekend given the extra races & short turn around if the cars did get damaged.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2569660)   #272
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from the supplementary regulations > http://www.v8supercars.com.au/conten...ies_supp_regs/ > and then SuperGP, Oct 22-25

9 PERSONNEL LIMITS
For this Meeting only, delete Sporting Rule D25 and replace with the following
9.1 There is no restriction on the number of personnel allowed to work on a Race Vehicle during this
Meeting.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 23:04 (Ref:2569681)   #273
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I was sure the rule was explained you have to execute the move safely. Bargs gave him plenty of room and whincup still hit him into the wall.....

If that move is perfectly fine, i sure hope #3 and #51 offer some payback when the title is down to the wire at the last race
Agreed. Whincup should be penalised.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2569688)   #274
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubbish. Bargs didn't give him any room whatsoever, despite what he says. And the nose of the Hogster was at the A pillar, which last time i looked, is forward of the B Pillar. If Whincup was to be penalised then so should everyone that ran down the right hand side and squeezed someone else on the left through turns 1 and 2 over the weekend

Quote of the weekend, Skaife on J. Richards' issue at turn 5 "there's the problem, he has a wheel alignment issue" referring to his broken steering. classic.

Close runner up has to be Bright's Twitter with thanks to Retro:
"8th place. Love to say it was me and i passed 12 cars but to be honest 90 percent of them fell off"
Old 26 Oct 2009, 00:02 (Ref:2569710)   #275
Toads
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Rubbish. Bargs didn't give him any room whatsoever, despite what he says. And the nose of the Hogster was at the A pillar, which last time i looked, is forward of the B Pillar. If Whincup was to be penalised then so should everyone that ran down the right hand side and squeezed someone else on the left through turns 1 and 2 over the weekend
It's quite evident you have no clue to what you're rambling on about. That corner in particular, is quite possibly the worst on the circuit. It's a single file corner. Any goose that thinks they're going to stick up in inside and drive it out of the of the corner, on exit. Without excuting the pass, before the corner is going to see someone stuck into the wall on the outside of the turn. No matter how good their skill level is or how good their intentions were.