Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jul 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3273475)   #251
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHWS View Post
They are superheroes..real ones.
What? Spiderman isn't real?
Old 3 Jul 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3273539)   #252
S14
Racer

Ireland
Rocky Mountain Region, United States
S14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
They look like super-heroes...
Given the high profile movies Chris Hemsworth has been in lately, his looking like a super-hero doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 00:01 (Ref:3273618)   #253
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
They are superheroes..real ones.
I meant the actors in the poster...
Old 5 Jul 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3274376)   #254
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ron Howard screened Rush for a group of "F1 insiders" (some drivers and team personnel) at the Nurburgring and they seemed to like it. Even Bernie liked it!

Ron Howard delighted as F1 embraces 'Rush'
New Formula One movie to come out in fall
By: Adam Cooper on July 5, 2013
autoweek.com

Ron Howard came through what he described as his "toughest test" since he completed "Rush" when Formula One insiders gave him an ovation after a screening of the film at the German Grand Prix on Thursday.

Niki Lauda, who had already seen the film that tells his story, led the applause for a visibly relieved Howard, who told the audience in his introduction that he was nervous...

“I went home and immediately phoned my wife Cheryl,” Howard told Autoweek...

“It was, ‘Here’s the elite, they’re right in it, what are they going to think?’ I spoke to the drivers, and they were very complimentary, which made me feel great. Some of the engineering guys are so excited by what we’ve achieved. I don’t know where that comes from -- perhaps they’ve been disappointed by other films, or perhaps they assumed it was too complicated for is to ever get it.”

Howard was particularly pleased to get an unconditional thumbs-up from Ecclestone.

“I said to Bernie, ‘Thanks for taking the time to see the movie,’ and he said, ‘Thanks for making it. It really took me back.’ He wasn’t joking, he was kind of emotional, and I think he was surprised...

Old 5 Jul 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3274380)   #255
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ron Howard appears on Top Gear (in the UK) Sunday night. Not sure when that will make it on air in the US--probably sometime this summer.

Old 5 Jul 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3274381)   #256
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The thing is

All the period stuff looks great, the overalls, the hair, and have you heard Brulhls voice! It literally could be Niki

Evn the visor on James helmet is spot on sticking right up like that.

I hope it works and is successful
Old 6 Jul 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3274640)   #257
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
The McLaren and Ferrari of Hunt and Lauda respectively are being put in Forza 5, or so I'm told.
Yes, you heard correctly.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/e3-forza-5-tuesday-reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbox.com official news article
For the first time, “Forza Motorsport 5” will feature historic grand prix cars, including the 1976 McLaren M23 and the 1976 Ferrari 312-2 cars driven by Niki Lauda and James Hunt, respectively, during the 1976 season. These models are the same cars featured in Rush and they will be available as a free download to all “Forza Motorsport 5” players at launch.

As a huge Forza fan, this was fantastic news. I can't wait to see the film Rush and can't wait to play FM5.

EDIT:

Unless I'm reading it wrong..., it looks like my quoted text from the Xbox news article attributes the McLaren to Lauda and the Ferrari to Hunt... which is backwards.

It looks like they have it right at ForzaMotorsport.net.

Last edited by IceMan_PJN; 6 Jul 2013 at 18:08.
Old 6 Jul 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3274650)   #258
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
Yes, you heard correctly.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/e3-forza-5-tuesday-reveal

As a huge Forza fan, this was fantastic news. I can't wait to see the film Rush and can't wait to play FM5.

EDIT:

Unless I'm reading it wrong..., it looks like my quoted text from the Xbox news article attributes the McLaren to Lauda and the Ferrari to Hunt... which is backwards.

It looks like they have it right at ForzaMotorsport.net.
You can already race both cars in the rfactor mod F1 1976 LE v1.1. In fact any car from that season, even a Tyrrell P34.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3274907)   #259
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
Here's a new video interview with Ron Howard on the Red Bull site:

Ron Howard on the Making of Rush

Old 8 Jul 2013, 10:02 (Ref:3275307)   #260
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ron Howard appears on Top Gear (in the UK) Sunday night. Not sure when that will make it on air in the US--probably sometime this summer.
The 15th, actually. BBC America have been getting the delays down for the more popular shows

As has been the case the last several seasons, the premieres of each episode are in a 90-minute timeslot so nothing gets cut.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3275705)   #261
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any release date yet for this film in the USA?

Looks like it is going to be worth it. Never thought I'd see this particular story on screen.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3275873)   #262
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems that it really will be a great movie.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3275925)   #263
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Any release date yet for this film in the USA?
sept 20 on IMDB

hope the US release also means a Canadian opening too.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3276090)   #264
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
It seems that it really will be a great movie.
I think so too, Ron Howard has never made a bad film.....

Last edited by JeremySmith; 13 Jul 2013 at 15:35. Reason: because I can....
Old 11 Jul 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3276620)   #265
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm honestly glad they went full R rating for this one, a watered down PG popcorn movie would have been an insult to the 'NC-17' life of James Hunt. When I saw the R rating along with other things I've heard from people in the know, I got a lot more excited for this.

I hope it's as good as some of Howard's previous work.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3277463)   #266
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon seemed to love it, saying it was "#1 of the all time great racing movies"
Old 14 Jul 2013, 01:43 (Ref:3277465)   #267
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I'm honestly glad they went full R rating for this one, a watered down PG popcorn movie would have been an insult to the 'NC-17' life of James Hunt. When I saw the R rating along with other things I've heard from people in the know, I got a lot more excited for this.

I hope it's as good as some of Howard's previous work.
Certainly the story behind the scenes isn't PG, so an R rating would have to be a must.

Even though I know this movie was going to happen 2 years ago, I'm still rather surprised it has actually made it to the screen and also the story itself as the Hunt/Lauda angle is certainly a part of history but probably not one of the best remembered.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3277470)   #268
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Certainly the story behind the scenes isn't PG, so an R rating would have to be a must.

Even though I know this movie was going to happen 2 years ago, I'm still rather surprised it has actually made it to the screen and also the story itself as the Hunt/Lauda angle is certainly a part of history but probably not one of the best remembered.
I think amongst F1 fans who are old enough remember that season and if the detail has been lost, they certainly remember Lauda's accident and remarkable recovery.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3277525)   #269
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on here or not but at 9:00pm tonight [Sunday 14th July] BBC2 in the UK is showing a documentary on Hunt versus Lauda.

See here
Old 14 Jul 2013, 10:47 (Ref:3277528)   #270
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I was watching the Honda Toronto Indy race yesterday and noticed a number of track side banners, advertising the movie.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3277666)   #271
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
The US opening of Rush has been pushed back a week, to September 27.

Ron Howard’s ‘Rush’ Release Delayed A Week To September 27

Also, an entertainment blogger for the Wall Street Journal speculates about the movie's chances for success:

Ron Howard’s ‘Rush’: A More Evolved Racing Drama?

In “Rush,” the coming film about the 1976 rivalry between Grand Prix racing drivers James Hunt and Niki Lauda, director Ron Howard tries to find the elusive formula needed to compel “normal” people to sit through an auto racing movie without alienating hardcore fans.

It’s a tall order. The handful of greats among motorsport movies, including John Frankenheimer’s “Grand Prix” of 1966 and Steve McQueen’s “Le Mans” of 1971, are arguably one-dimensional works. Sure, both attempt to inject melodrama between racing scenes, but the characters and situations rarely hold up...

In some ways Rush may have most in common with “Senna,” the revealing 2010 documentary about the late three-time Formula One champion Ayrton Senna. That film gave viewers an intimate look at the driver that would have made the story memorable even without the racing scenes...
Old 14 Jul 2013, 23:39 (Ref:3277719)   #272
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
As long as it's nothing like that dire film "Driven", we'll be ok
Old 15 Jul 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3277888)   #273
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
As long as it's nothing like that dire film "Driven", we'll be ok
Somehow, I don't think we'll see Hunt and Lauda dukeing in downtown Chicago in Reynards.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3277911)   #274
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Somehow, I don't think we'll see Hunt and Lauda dukeing in downtown Chicago in Reynards.
Yes, that would make it RU(bi)SH...
Old 19 Jul 2013, 02:10 (Ref:3279241)   #275
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
Here's another official trailer for Rush. This one has glimpses of several scenes not previously shown mixed in with scenes from the other trailers.

Rush - Official Trailer 3