Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Jul 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3276100)   #251
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Speedcafe.com understands that Erebus Motorsport has offered Courtney a sizeable carrot to join its customer Mercedes-Benz AMG operation, while other options are said to include a switch to Tekno Autosports, a move back overseas, or staying at HRT on a reduced wage.
And also suggests that Mr Ingall has had discussions with Erebus as well..

Would Erebus/SBR really go back to the future?
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 10 Jul 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3276138)   #252
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And also suggests that Mr Ingall has had discussions with Erebus as well..

Would Erebus/SBR really go back to the future?
i'd say so.

maybe JC & Ingall to Erebus with Slade into #22 & Percat or Murphy into #66, can't see Mclaughlin leaving Garry's he has a contract and seems the loyal type and has come out and sai he isn't moving.

or maybe JC could move to Tekno in a 3rd car with Charlie and link with Jeld-Wen again and his good mate in Jono Webb.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3276148)   #253
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didn't think JC and CS got on anymore?

Despite what drivers/teams/sponsors say about "staying", people will still believe rumours etc and come to the conclusion of either of the following:
a) they are leaving but are not ready to announce, or
b) they aren't yet aware they are leaving
Old 10 Jul 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3276149)   #254
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not much has been mentioned of Mr Holdsworth.

Is he still under contract for next year?
Old 10 Jul 2013, 04:12 (Ref:3276175)   #255
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
They are already saddled up with WR this year.

Going by Sunday it seems to not be working out so bad
As a customer, not really a "saddle up". What I mean is a real saddle up like JRR Erebus, RNR with FPR and the 21 REC with BJR. Or like FFF and PMM last year with DJR.

It's time for TDR to realize change is required, or else they're just throwing money and a model that is never going to bring improvement.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3276282)   #256
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
maybe JC could move to Tekno in a 3rd car with Charlie and link with Jeld-Wen again and his good mate in Jono Webb.
I hope Courtney goes Tekno.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3276373)   #257
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Wasn't it fairly common knowledge that Holden Motorsport had a role in getting SVG into the Tekno seat?
The whole deal was allegedly put together involving SVG, Tekno, and VIP - not necessarily in that order - by a bloke who resides in New Zealand.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3276375)   #258
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
I hope Courtney goes Tekno.
Surely they don't have the budget for that? What happens to SVG?
Old 10 Jul 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3276380)   #259
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
The whole deal was allegedly put together involving SVG, Tekno, and VIP - not necessarily in that order - by a bloke who resides in New Zealand.
The more logical Tekno solution may be something like a Chasports/Jeldwen arrival, bringing a sponsor paying somewhere near full tote odds, a REC, an enthusiastic owner, and a place to put Mr Van Gisbergen, or someone of a similar stature..

But logic is rarely entertained in motorsport...
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 11 Jul 2013, 00:45 (Ref:3276399)   #260
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why should Mr Ingall be forced to retire... Story Here

Mr Shepherd must have almost 5 years on the Enforcer
Old 11 Jul 2013, 03:48 (Ref:3276439)   #261
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Why should Mr Ingall be forced to retire... Story Here

Mr Shepherd must have almost 5 years on the Enforcer
I LOL'd.

Kinda helps when you own the team though.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3276782)   #262
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Triple Eight considering four cars for 2014

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/t...ders-four-cars

This could be interesting as to which owners would take there REC to T8

Roland Dane confirmed the plan was under investigation but was yet to be approved by him or the team’s primary sponsors.

But they have already said that Stoner wont be driving...
Old 11 Jul 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3276799)   #263
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
888 to take over HRT's 2 RECs?

Old 11 Jul 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3276800)   #264
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
888 to take over HRT's 2 RECs?

So where to for the SCA REC?
Old 12 Jul 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3276823)   #265
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Triple Eight considering four cars for 2014

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/t...ders-four-cars

This could be interesting as to which owners would take there REC to T8

Roland Dane confirmed the plan was under investigation but was yet to be approved by him or the team’s primary sponsors.

But they have already said that Stoner wont be driving...
Curious. I know they looked at it before, but were unable to proceed due to stipulations in the Vodafone deal. Vodafone would only back 2 cars and T8 were prohibited from running any other cars in the main game.

Hence the satellite deal with Morris.

Wonder if there's similar clauses in the Red Bull deal. Am guessing not given Dane is now floating this idea.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3276829)   #266
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's the possibility of a total LDM/PMM merger with Triple Eight.

Logisitically speaking, this could be a good thing for the existing LDM/PMM setup, given the amount of time the 80 and 88 cars spend on the chassis jigs.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 01:10 (Ref:3276839)   #267
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is this a Red Bull Racing v's Scuderia Toro Rosso plan?
Old 12 Jul 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3276954)   #268
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Erebus Puts Out A Statement

Which just confirms that they are still talking to people...

When you use words like 'aim' as opposed to 'will', there is still an element of doubt.

Meantime, there is no word on the strengthening of their commercial partner base.. which would be more than slightly important you would have thought...
Old 12 Jul 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3276978)   #269
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Meantime, there is no word on the strengthening of their commercial partner base.. which would be more than slightly important you would have thought...
Why? They don't need the money.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3277257)   #270
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
“He (Slade) knows where we stand and he knows where our program is going as far as performance.”

So, he knows we can only offer the same thing next year and therefore if he goes elsewhere its no surprise. Welcome to HHA racing Mr Ingall/Mr LeBroq.

Questions for me...is Engel contracted past 2013? If Willy D doesn't stay at FPR, Mostert goes there but where to for Will? Could he make a move to Erebus? Does Lethal return to GRM? Or is there a likely swap of the Giz for JC?

Interesting times....
Old 13 Jul 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3277265)   #271
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Why? They don't need the money.
Of course they need the money. There comes a time in every patron's patronage when they reach a point of tallying up their spend and having an 'ohsheet' moment.. and then having to make a quick decision to stop the bleed.

A semi-works Benz squad should be the destination of all kinds of high end lifestyle brands... but so far... it hasnt been... which is odd...
Old 13 Jul 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3277267)   #272
Lizardfolk
Rookie

Taiwan
Lizardfolk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed that Robert Dahlgren's name has been dropped... Think it's likely he's replacing Premat? If Premat goes I think that's that for his V8 Supercar career
Old 13 Jul 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3277268)   #273
Umai Naa
Veteran

From what I'm gathering in Mrs Kilmenko's Facebook contributions, is that the relationship between Erebus, the dealer network, and Mercedes Benz Australia is closer than it ever has been.

I suspect that an announcement will be made before the commencement of Season 2014.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3277412)   #274
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
No planned change for Erebus.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226678611700
Old 13 Jul 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3277439)   #275
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Its again says they will 'plan' to do the same thing they are doing now.. its not a 'will'...