Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 31 Jan 2021, 06:10 (Ref:4032385)   #251
belt driven
Veteran

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
9 car fesses it was their fault. What did 5 hit? Need incar.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 06:45 (Ref:4032386)   #252
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Thought it was the 16 car that 'fessed up. 5 is essentially out of the running, now 35 laps down in the upper 30 positions.

The last two hours have actually been interesting to watch. DPi gaps for some reason have kept me awake when I usually doze off prior to midnight for all endurance races. 48 Cadillac lost about 20-25 seconds relative to its competitors over two stints...Same driver both stints..but let's make all the headlines about his participation.

Not that I could have done any better, but losing that kind of time in such a competitive field is not exactly something to hang your hat on.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 07:01 (Ref:4032387)   #253
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Thought it was the 16 car that 'fessed up. 5 is essentially out of the running, now 35 laps down in the upper 30 positions.

The last two hours have actually been interesting to watch. DPi gaps for some reason have kept me awake when I usually doze off prior to midnight for all endurance races. 48 Cadillac lost about 20-25 seconds relative to its competitors over two stints...Same driver both stints..but let's make all the headlines about his participation.

Not that I could have done any better, but losing that kind of time in such a competitive field is not exactly something to hang your hat on.
That same driver that was over a second off the pace in an Indy car test recently on the small Sebring circuit?
Old 31 Jan 2021, 07:28 (Ref:4032389)   #254
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I've never had it, outside of a Thai curry which I think is different. It sounds amazing but you might be surprised that Indian joints are few and far between here, so had Greek carryout for supper.
I have a friend who is good friends with a guy who owns an upscale Thai restaurant---no prices on the menu type. He treated .... I had a coconut vegetarian curry which was and remains the most amazing and delicious combination of flavors i have ever tasted.

Not sure how that relates to racing but there it is .....
Old 31 Jan 2021, 07:41 (Ref:4032390)   #255
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
FWIW, the last 2 or 3 hours on NBCwhatevr (I've got Roku so I've been hitting whatever button i needed too) has shown all racing and NO COMMERCIALS. That's right. 2 to 3 hours commercial free. I'm sure that's all about to change...
My local Roku provider or however that works .... dropped NBCSN. I bought some Passes just to be able to watch the stuff on Roku, on my TV, without commercials ..... and got stabbed in the back. Oh, well.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 07:41 (Ref:4032391)   #256
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I have just turned the race on TV for the first time today, it is glorious. I've been listening and following timing and scoring, but it's different to actually see some pictures.

Hold on let me check that I'm watching this on NBCSN, and it actually doesn't show racing, I've had features, fireworks, and explanations of who's winning but I still haven't seen a car on track, oh great now we have pictures of the in-booth crowd. they are talking about how good the race is but I don't get to actually see the f****** race? What the f*** is this?
A rant from the Interwebz:

NBC is trying to attract new fans, mostly existing racing fans, thinking some NASCAR or IndyCar fans might be watching to see their favorite drivers. Unfortunately that has never worked .... and is based on the assumption that fans Don't like racing and only like drivers.

Sports car racing in the US has a small but exceedingly dedicated fan base, which grows organically and very slowly, a generation at a time, as some kids go tot races with parents and don't like it but some do; some bring friends, and some like it and some do.

Not many people in TV seem to realize that the cars are the stars and people want to see cars on track---so many different cars, so many miles of track, and people will watch that endlessly, but the people actually directing the broadcast don't like sports car racing .... so to them it is a boring sport they need to make "broadly attractive" by creating "personalities" and "rivalries" and all that pro-wrestling BS.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4032393)   #257
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I awoke from a power nap a little while ago and it's been nice to see some green flag racing.

IMSA radio will be on the call until 6 AM for us NBC 'fans'. Maybe I'll stay awake a little longer. Oh wait, there's still some bourbon over here....
Old 31 Jan 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4032395)   #258
belt driven
Veteran

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
My local Roku provider or however that works .... dropped NBCSN. I bought some Passes just to be able to watch the stuff on Roku, on my TV, without commercials ..... and got stabbed in the back. Oh, well.
IMSA sez flag-to-flag live on Trackpass. NBCSN is selling crapola pop right now. While we're at it, 50 SECONDS delay is not live unless it's from Mars.

edit: Actually that would be 1/4 way from Mars.

-----

Would anyone who saw Petit agree that at just past halfway; having Ricky Taylor ahead of you is a safety thang?

Last edited by belt driven; 31 Jan 2021 at 09:09.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4032397)   #259
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does the #31 have a problem? I’m not sure if it’s the car or the camera but the onboard sounds awful, like it’s got an exhaust issue or something
Old 31 Jan 2021, 09:20 (Ref:4032399)   #260
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Does the #31 have a problem? I’m not sure if it’s the car or the camera but the onboard sounds awful, like it’s got an exhaust issue or something
It was mentioned quite some time ago that they might have some kind of issue that is causing them to be off pace so I'm not 100% sure that's an engine issue or not.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 09:55 (Ref:4032403)   #261
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do the DPi's change brakes in 24H races or did the #10 car had a brake issue? Looked like their were fidling with the brakes for some time?
Old 31 Jan 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4032408)   #262
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Great battle in GTLM!
Old 31 Jan 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4032412)   #263
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
Great battle in GTLM!
Yep, 10 hours to go and their glued together.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4032413)   #264
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When does it get light at Daytona?
Old 31 Jan 2021, 10:32 (Ref:4032415)   #265
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
GTD's are battling for the lead as well
Old 31 Jan 2021, 10:42 (Ref:4032419)   #266
Maelochs
Veteran

The evil BMW is still dogging the Vettes .... Risi is running but well off the pace. I can tolerate a Corvette win .... but I don't want that particular VMW anywhere near the podium .... and I almost always want Risi to win.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4032424)   #267
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It was mentioned quite some time ago that they might have some kind of issue that is causing them to be off pace so I'm not 100% sure that's an engine issue or not.
Thanks, looks down on power now, struggling to pull past LMP2 cars.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4032425)   #268
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
RLM just talked about that, they said it doesn't sound just right on the onboard?
Old 31 Jan 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4032427)   #269
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
No concerns in the pit lane for Conway, the next few laps when Van der Zende rejoins should tell us.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 11:22 (Ref:4032429)   #270
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
The 2 Corvettes in GTLM are metronomic and so economical it would seem.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4032434)   #271
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's happened to the Dallara?
Old 31 Jan 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4032435)   #272
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Not too smart, Kamui!
Old 31 Jan 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4032436)   #273
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lucky Kobayashi only took himself out there.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4032437)   #274
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just thought Kobayashi would spin it.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4032439)   #275
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
Do the DPi's change brakes in 24H races or did the #10 car had a brake issue? Looked like their were fidling with the brakes for some time?
two or three DPis were shown changing around the 11hr mark. I remember the 01 did not when they were. It was during a yellow.