Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4086909)   #251
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is one of the most bonkers race weekends I can recall. F2 insane, F1 similarly.

I must say that Max has had brain fade a couple of times today though, I've been impressed this season with his improved racecraft - I think he's a genius driver - but unfortunately I think it falls down when he's being challenged really hard.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4086910)   #252
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Max's tyres are dead.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:41 (Ref:4086913)   #253
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, there we go.

The next race. Equal points. Winner takes all!
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4086916)   #254
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Well, there we go.

The next race. Equal points. Winner takes all!
what happens if both DNF ? and none get the fastest lap before they DNF
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4086917)   #255
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Lewis. That was one crazy race.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4086918)   #256
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
You have to finish to get the point.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4086919)   #257
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least in the end, the race was decided on the track.

Fingers crossed that the title is.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4086920)   #258
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
When Brundle says Max needs to assess his driving, you know it’s bad. Horner enabling Max as usual
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4086921)   #259
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Verstappen takes it on more wins I believe.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4086922)   #260
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Max wins the title on count back.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4086923)   #261
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Max wins on countback if they both DNF, fastest lap is irrelevant as it only applies to a finisher.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4086924)   #262
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Max gets the nod on most wins
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4086925)   #263
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Max wins on countback if they both DNF, fastest lap is irrelevant as it only applies to a finisher.
so mad max has every incentive to crash into Lewis
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4086926)   #264
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
The incident where Hamilton hit the back of Verstappen is still to be investigated.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4086927)   #265
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfrikken believeable!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4086928)   #266
porsche962fan
Veteran

Max slowed down dramaticly in the middle of the road
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4086930)   #267
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lh looking a bit shook.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4086931)   #268
porsche962fan
Veteran

WOW the crowed really booo Mad max
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:58 (Ref:4086937)   #269
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think we just witnessed a race director lose control of a series live on television. you can't make up an entirely new system of stewarding a race *away from the actual stewards* *during a race* and then expect to retain the respect and compliance of the people you're trying to manage.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:58 (Ref:4086938)   #270
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Max slowed down dramaticly in the middle of the road
So you just run into him? What if he'd had an engine fail? Just rear end him?

Mistake by Lewis
Old 5 Dec 2021, 19:59 (Ref:4086940)   #271
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
So you just run into him? What if he'd had an engine fail? Just rear end him?

Mistake by Lewis
move over to the side, not stay in the middle, this was calculated
Old 5 Dec 2021, 20:03 (Ref:4086942)   #272
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think we just witnessed a race director lose control of a series live on television. you can't make up an entirely new system of stewarding a race *away from the actual stewards* *during a race* and then expect to retain the respect and compliance of the people you're trying to manage.

As far as I can see it was something we have seen many times before, overtake off track, driver advised by the race director to give the place back voluntarily, he now has a choice, give it back or stay in front and let the stewards decide if a penalty should be applied. It just happened that this time it happened to be under a red flag instead of on a live track.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 20:03 (Ref:4086943)   #273
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
move over to the side, not stay in the middle, this was calculated
They were both playing games. Neither wanted to be ahead at that place on the track becuse (as Verstappen subsequently demonstrated) the driver behind gets DRS and just retakes the place. The telemetry will show whether Verstappen's braking was within reasonable bounds. It will be hard to prove foul play I reckon.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 20:05 (Ref:4086945)   #274
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
I agree. After all the safety work done and the valuable gains made over several decades, why create such an inherently dangerous track if you can start completely from scratch?

It's not as if the danger of blind corners at 200mph+ could not have been foreseen in the simulator.

I'm hoping for another exciting race to add to this astonishing season, but I'm also afraid of what might happen.
Your fears materialised, the "race" was a complete farce imho and as to why the circuit was designed the way it was, the simple answer is £££££'s in the F1 coffers.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4086946)   #275
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
They were both playing games. Neither wanted to be ahead at that place on the track becuse (as Verstappen subsequently demonstrated) the driver behind gets DRS and just retakes the place. The telemetry will show whether Verstappen's braking was within reasonable bounds. It will be hard to prove foul play I reckon.
Honestly i thought both of them should have been black flagged and parked. But now it's winner takes all at Abu Dhabi.