Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Jun 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1636579)   #251
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a good crash the other day on Toca Race Driver 3, in a V8 Supercar. Can't remember which track it was, but I was leading when a car behind tagged the rear of my car. This spun me around in the middle of the track, and no less than 9 cars ploughed into me. Car ended up in a mess, so I restarted it and won the race
Old 27 Jun 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1642730)   #252
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a bit of a crash on a freeway in Need For Speed Underground 2, I was going round a corner, on the freeway at about 158 Mph in my Pontiac GTO, when the end of the corner came there was a car right infront of me! I could'nt see him while going round the corner because of the wall on the inside. I slammed into the back of him, and the back of the car went over the front of the car, I skidded on my roof and rolled over.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1642732)   #253
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Just had a rare huge crash on WRC 3. Just before coming into the park section on Margam 2, in Rovanpera's Peugeot, I ran a little wide. It had been a fast section before with a slight kink, and I ran wide at that slight kink, clipped a rock or something on the outside, and flew into the trees. I rolled a couple of times, flying into a tree upside down at one point, before recovering, with steam pouring out of the engine due to a radiator leak, no bonnet, no front bumper, destroyed windows and a damaged windscreen. Probably the biggest crash I've had on the game without the car being automatically reset to the road
I remember hitting a rock in a Turkey stage and flipping over!
Old 28 Jun 2006, 15:29 (Ref:1643507)   #254
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's really easy to have a huge crash on the original NFS 2, although there's no damage. One of the best places is on the downhill run towards the town at Pacific Spirit. For those that don't know, this is a flat-out run down a steep hill with rock walls either sides. There is a right-left kink, which if you get wrong, you end up rolling down the rest of the hill loads of times at high speed. And the best thing is it's easy to recover from big crashes like that!!
Old 28 Jun 2006, 18:48 (Ref:1643640)   #255
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
This was'nt me but I found this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...75927281&q=LFS
Old 30 Jun 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1644698)   #256
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The game looks alright. But there's no damage to the car at all in that video clip!
Old 3 Jul 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1647461)   #257
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Monaco in F1 Championship Season 2000 in Mika Salo's Sauber.
After having a very poor Qually, I started last, yes last! and at the start I made slight contact with a Prost, He spun and then he was forgotten. But, as I went into the apex of saint de vote, something strange happened, the car started barrel rolling! I had to whatch the replay to see who had hit me, the car that had hit me was the Prost, and it had hit me while spinning at the same time! after I had hit him at the start he spun all the way down to the turn and I had braked so he caught up with me and hit me. The car, needles to say, was totalled.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1647622)   #258
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a needles accident.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1648010)   #259
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lmao Knowlesy!
i had prety big one on F1 04, Silverstone test, lost front wing somehow, used the abbey cut through so i was approaching bridge at about 190 -200mph, got one the grass before my turn in and went striaght on into the barriers.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1648496)   #260
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
What a needles accident.
I get this prickly feeling just thinking about it.
Old 5 Jul 2006, 20:06 (Ref:1649110)   #261
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I will ignore that....

In toca race driver 2 it is very easy to cause a wreck in the Truman Stock Cars. This happened to me while on the 5th lap of a 6 lap race, I was in the lead, coming into the dogleg section, i got one wheel on the grass causing me to spinout to the outside with the car facing the wrong way down the track, there were three cars, three a breast coming towards me! One of them would hit me....... The car hit me head on, I spun round and got hit by another car rolling me over! and so I slid down the track, upside down, 2 wheels, and loads of cars all over the place.
Old 5 Jul 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1649245)   #262
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The best intentional crash I've ever had was in CART Precision Racing. If you've got it, go for a run at Mid-Ohio. Go through turn 1 and on the way up to the keyhole, just as you get to the braking zone, hit the inside kerb hard (and keep accelerating).

It is like a ramp, and flings you miles in the air - you gyrate and spin and swivel in the air for what seems like 30 seconds. It's quite funny actually.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 01:06 (Ref:1656606)   #263
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember that i saw a pretty big one on Need for speed: Hot Pursuit 2. The game was'nt the best for damage but it was much better than the UNDERGROUND series. Anyways i was racing my brother on one of the fairly long tracks with both rough and clean parts of track. We were both in 360 Modena's being chased by the police. We had just come off the clean motorway roads and came to the tunnel which began the rough part of track. We were going through the tunnel at about 150mph nose to tail, i was at the back with a police car right beside me. The Police car tried to make a move to pass and block us off but slammed striaght into one of the central piller causing a Tremendous smash of breaking glass!!!!!!! It was Quite a shock but also Hillarious.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 02:05 (Ref:1657207)   #264
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have some other to describe from TRD2 Which i shall post up tomorrow cos i am knackered right now and i gonna go to bed so i can watch the gp.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 02:33 (Ref:1657210)   #265
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
The best intentional crash I've ever had was in CART Precision Racing. If you've got it, go for a run at Mid-Ohio. Go through turn 1 and on the way up to the keyhole, just as you get to the braking zone, hit the inside kerb hard (and keep accelerating).

It is like a ramp, and flings you miles in the air - you gyrate and spin and swivel in the air for what seems like 30 seconds. It's quite funny actually.
Did you see the crash in the Porsche at Mid Ohio... similar to what you are talking about.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1657309)   #266
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
played GT4 for the 1st time in ages last night. In the Audi Le Mans prototype thing, drafting 2 other cars down the full Mulsanne, one an RUF. Got past the 1st one, grabbing another 10mph in his draft. Screamed up to the back of the RUF, but not being used to the car (1st lap ever!) i pulled out too sharply. This thing is very oversteery, especially at high speed and under braking. Just as i get past, the rear steps out at 215mph, i catch it but overcorrect, the car spinning right in front of the RUF that somehow misses me. The rest of the cars didn't tho - i lost count of the number of times it spun, with 3 other cars all slamming in to me at silly speeds.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1657405)   #267
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now imagine that crash, with damage.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1657675)   #268
jnr blue 91
Rookie

United Kingdom
jnr blue 91 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on f1 2001 at moza,going the opposite way on the track and hitting barrichello at 240 mph.swivled about 100 times then landed and drove off!!
Old 17 Jul 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1658379)   #269
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went on F1 2003 a few days ago to remind myself of how unrealistic the crashes were. It doesn't take much contact to send the car swivelling in the air, with wheels and wings flying off in all directions.

I had a nice crash at Montreal. At the end of the long straight, minus a front wing already, I smashed into the pit lane wall, losing the left side of the car, and rebounded across the track. Then another car collected me, knocking off the rear wing. As another car went past, it drove over the rear wing and lost its own front wing.

It was so much fun I went and did it all over again :P
Old 18 Jul 2006, 10:55 (Ref:1659016)   #270
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Try and see how long you can survive in survival mode in Driv3r!
I was in that BMW type car in survival mode in nice, I was in the middle of a square and the Police were coming from all sides! I slammed the throttle and went towards one corner of the square, the police car was going so fast it could'nt turn very well and spun, I drove away, heading towards the Motorway, out of nowhere, three police cars were folowing me, All the traffic was oncoming on this side of the motorway so I had to dodge all the cars. One of the police cars got taken out by a car I had dodged, so that was one down. Then one of the cars was right up my exhaust pipes and rammed me into the armco! My car got airborn and landed upside down, sliding across to the otherside, hitting the wall that seperates the two sectioons and rolling over it and then 2 police cars piled into me!
Old 19 Jul 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1659836)   #271
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edqk7...de=user&search=
Old 19 Jul 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1660027)   #272
safc_fan89
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
Try and see how long you can survive in survival mode in Driv3r!
I was in that BMW type car in survival mode in nice, I was in the middle of a square and the Police were coming from all sides! I slammed the throttle and went towards one corner of the square, the police car was going so fast it could'nt turn very well and spun, I drove away, heading towards the Motorway, out of nowhere, three police cars were folowing me, All the traffic was oncoming on this side of the motorway so I had to dodge all the cars. One of the police cars got taken out by a car I had dodged, so that was one down. Then one of the cars was right up my exhaust pipes and rammed me into the armco! My car got airborn and landed upside down, sliding across to the otherside, hitting the wall that seperates the two sectioons and rolling over it and then 2 police cars piled into me!
Trashing cars is the only decent thing about Driv3r!
Old 19 Jul 2006, 16:19 (Ref:1660093)   #273
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
These are brilliant - obviously fake (as in the game' been tampered with) but brilliant!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KFHm4GCApI
Old 19 Jul 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1660198)   #274
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
i've seen that before!
Old 20 Jul 2006, 01:10 (Ref:1660428)   #275
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey nicky,whats the game on that video,it looks like fun