Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Mar 2021, 22:26 (Ref:4043184)   #2876
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
they’re selling admission tickets now though, so there’s an overlap between sales. maybe i’m thinking people will be keener to get trackside than they are.

interesting to hear the registration process is so detailed though!
Just looking at the email again you also have to register by May 21st, three weeks before the event, so they're avoiding being hit by pass holders making a last minute decision to go.

It's MSV, I know not everyone likes them but in my experience they generally have their **** together.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 00:08 (Ref:4043190)   #2877
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Based on previous years data and other circuits in the MSV property portfolio will give some idea of how many season pass holders are likely to intend to sign up to attend the highest grade events. For example I'm a pass holder at one venue but never attend any top tier events (too many people and mimitation of movement to make the day enjoyable compared to club events). If 40-50% of total pass holders turn up then it'd be highly unusual for the circumstances.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 05:21 (Ref:4043205)   #2878
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it too cynical to suggest that MSV benefit by selling tickets in advance, even if they have to refund some ticket holders closer to the event, as advance sales will boost their bank balance, when the compny will have had very little income for many months.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4043214)   #2879
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I think that's cynical even for this forum. I don't think MSV will oversell tickets just to boost their bank account. Knowingly selling more than 4000 tickets and have to doing selective refunds will be a PR nightmare, not to mention an admin nightmare.

I may have missed it but I haven't yet seen MSV announce that tickets are on sale or do any effort to actively promote, so far it's all been thought word of month. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to sell out.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 10:07 (Ref:4043221)   #2880
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I think that's cynical even for this forum. I don't think MSV will oversell tickets just to boost their bank account. Knowingly selling more than 4000 tickets and have to doing selective refunds will be a PR nightmare, not to mention an admin nightmare.

I may have missed it but I haven't yet seen MSV announce that tickets are on sale or do any effort to actively promote, so far it's all been thought word of month. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to sell out.
Can’t imagine it will take long for 4000 tickets to be sold out especially if they’ve had to honor any tickets that might have been sold last year as well and people didn’t want refunds
Old 27 Mar 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4043230)   #2881
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, exactly my thoughts. i suppose there will be an element of missing out in limited ticket sales anyway but it never seems smart to have a system that has the potential to disappoint from multiple angles. i guess team guests don’t count towards the total?

smart to keep it quiet i suppose, considering how few 4,000 is, even for snetterton.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4043277)   #2882
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Is it too cynical to suggest that MSV benefit by selling tickets in advance, even if they have to refund some ticket holders closer to the event, as advance sales will boost their bank balance, when the compny will have had very little income for many months.
Quote:
They did something very similar last year, so you're not being too cynical.

However I think everyone is overestimating the number of season passes that have been sold. It's going to be in the tens rather than the hundreds. Certainly not in the thousands
Old 27 Mar 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4043305)   #2883
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
They did something very similar last year, so you're not being too cynical.
I'm not sure that's true. They sold tickets on the assumption that spectators would be allowed then had to refund (or credit) everyone when DCMS decided otherwise. That was very much an all-or-nothing situation that was out of their control.

The suggestion was that they are selling tickets in the knowledge that they would later need to refund some (but not all) holders, which is very different to what happened last year.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 13:54 (Ref:4043913)   #2884
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm not sure that's true. They sold tickets on the assumption that spectators would be allowed then had to refund (or credit) everyone when DCMS decided otherwise. That was very much an all-or-nothing situation that was out of their control.

The suggestion was that they are selling tickets in the knowledge that they would later need to refund some (but not all) holders, which is very different to what happened last year.
In addition MSV's event insurance covering ticket reimbursement likely has a stipulation that the event tickets related to has called off by the authorities, not by weather/MSV's choice. Its partly how Silverstone got into a flap over MotoGP refunds the other year. Their Insurance didn't cover bad weather cancellatioms. It had to come out of Silverstone'pocket. MSV have cut to the bone over the pandemic but the cost of the estate continues, they would have to carry on regardless as normal when possible to survive.

It's always better to plan and proceed as normal until you can't by government.
Old 31 Mar 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4044084)   #2885
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like at least 19 cars for Carrera cup this year, judging by the media day photos.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 06:11 (Ref:4044148)   #2886
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutton departs from laser tools

https://www.btcc.net/2021/04/01/suttondeparturelasertools/
Old 1 Apr 2021, 06:33 (Ref:4044149)   #2887
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You think you´re funny today?

But you must take a closer look, how the BTCC-Links are built, cause the official look different.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4044151)   #2888
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
I guess he's off to V8 Supercars then
Old 1 Apr 2021, 07:57 (Ref:4044155)   #2889
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worth a try though, maybe a Hard driver change might’ve been more believable!
Old 1 Apr 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4044156)   #2890
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
That link isn't working for me and I can't find that news anywhere so I am really hoping you have accidentally stumbled across some fake news
Old 1 Apr 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4044157)   #2891
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
That link isn't working for me and I can't find that news anywhere so I am really hoping you have accidentally stumbled across some fake news
And it is April Fool's Day of course

Sorry, I didn't see those other comments and I panicked
Old 1 Apr 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4044193)   #2892
BTCC frog
Veteran

Another strange, unexpected news story from today
https://www.team-hard.com/team-hard-...-go-of-the-cc/
Old 1 Apr 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4044196)   #2893
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm afraid my source, Miss April Fools, is very reliable 😁.

Worth it for just 1 reaction 😉
Old 1 Apr 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4044206)   #2894
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Another strange, unexpected news story from today
https://www.team-hard.com/team-hard-...-go-of-the-cc/
Does this mean the raffle winner has to hand his car back? In fact who was the raffle winner?
Old 1 Apr 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4044223)   #2895
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Does this mean the raffle winner has to hand his car back? In fact who was the raffle winner?
its april fools
Old 1 Apr 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4044253)   #2896
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
its april fools
You mean the news story or the raffle winner?
Old 1 Apr 2021, 17:36 (Ref:4044258)   #2897
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
As I, and others, said at the time, the car was never going to be the raffle prize. The T&Cs required an absurd number of entries, 5000 at £20 a ticket. I don't remember seeing anything more about since it was first discussed here back in November.

Almost certainly HARD just made their 30% of a relatively small total entry.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4044268)   #2898
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
As I, and others, said at the time, the car was never going to be the raffle prize. The T&Cs required an absurd number of entries, 5000 at £20 a ticket. I don't remember seeing anything more about since it was first discussed here back in November.

Almost certainly HARD just made their 30% of a relatively small total entry.
A complaint was made to the ASA regarding the promotion of the competition - which was upheld and HARD. were not permitted to carry on promoting the 'raffle'. Whilst the ASA investigation was ongoing, all HARD. competitions were paused, and it appears that having initially been extended to 19 Feb, the competition did not appear again and so presumably a cash prize was given.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 01:02 (Ref:4044309)   #2899
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A complaint was made to the ASA regarding the promotion of the competition - which was upheld and HARD. were not permitted to carry on promoting the 'raffle'. Whilst the ASA investigation was ongoing, all HARD. competitions were paused, and it appears that having initially been extended to 19 Feb, the competition did not appear again and so presumably a cash prize was given.
For more information https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/team-...acing-ltd.html
Old 2 Apr 2021, 06:46 (Ref:4044318)   #2900
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While it might seem a nice idea to 'win' a BTCC car - it is way beyond what most people could actually run/use.