Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3020311)   #276
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
OK, got the race tickets booked two weeks ago. Got the transportation and hotel booked today. All I have to do now is book the flight, the Paris hotel, and finish distilling the moonshine for the gathering and I'm done.
why worry about transportation we all know that moonshine has to be delivered in a bright orange dodge charger
look forward to seeing you again especially if you come bearing the good stuff
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3020649)   #277
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
why worry about transportation we all know that moonshine has to be delivered in a bright orange dodge charger
look forward to seeing you again especially if you come bearing the good stuff
Glad to know the General Lee as a distribution vehicle is known on both sides of the pond!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3021058)   #278
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
must have been about 10 years ago there was a fully painted charger down at le mans with british plates, only saw it once on the mulsanne straight with a group of other muscle cars but it did look and sound great
Old 9 Feb 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3023759)   #279
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
A Big Black Dodge, bought it at the auction at the Mason's Lodge.
Johnson County Sherrif painted on the side, just a shot coat of primer when you looked inside....

THAT is a Ridge Runner...

Last edited by Tim the Grey; 9 Feb 2012 at 17:02. Reason: Lyrical Correction.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3025336)   #280
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I'll be there. Like last year I'll be doing the Test Day of course.

Can't attend the actual race due to an important thing on Saturday morning but I'll be there from Tuesday to Friday to get my race weekend atmosphere fix.

Will be watching the race with the fellows in the chat then, the best of both worlds
Old 13 Feb 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3025351)   #281
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I'll be there. Like last year I'll be doing the Test Day of course.

Can't attend the actual race due to an important thing on Saturday morning but I'll be there from Tuesday to Friday to get my race weekend atmosphere fix.

Will be watching the race with the fellows in the chat then, the best of both worlds
Oh, how i am going to miss that wonderfull chat
Old 13 Feb 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3025406)   #282
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, I'll return as well. As it now stands, with a party of about thirty strong. Dutch,English and Germans. Should be a right good ol' laugh again.
Haven't been able to order early this time though, so we'll be camping at Expo...
Anyone been there in the last decade? I've been there once but that was 1996.
I reckon it's a lot different now...
I remember standing there, somewhere after midnight on the Friday, looking at a McLaren F1 GTR doing some testruns on the airfield. Pure magic that was...
Old 13 Feb 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3025439)   #283
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And mind you make the meeting this year!
Old 13 Feb 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3025449)   #284
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Yep, I'll return as well. As it now stands, with a party of about thirty strong. Dutch,English and Germans. Should be a right good ol' laugh again.
Haven't been able to order early this time though, so we'll be camping at Expo...
Anyone been there in the last decade? I've been there once but that was 1996.
I reckon it's a lot different now...
I remember standing there, somewhere after midnight on the Friday, looking at a McLaren F1 GTR doing some testruns on the airfield. Pure magic that was...
1996? Geez, you`ll hardly recognize the place then, at least in parts.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3025512)   #285
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
1996? Geez, you`ll hardly recognize the place then, at least in parts.
I read there are animal shelters...

And it's way smaller, isn't it?
Old 13 Feb 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3025515)   #286
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And mind you make the meeting this year!
I will. Good thing is, it's a short stroll to the 10tenths tree from Expo.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 10:05 (Ref:3025625)   #287
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone have news about the Le Mans panoramic book by Gavin Ireland?
I would have thought that it was on sale by now.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3025699)   #288
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Does anyone have news about the Le Mans panoramic book by Gavin Ireland?
I would have thought that it was on sale by now.
Thanks for bringing this up. I'd forgotten about this. Looks like April 15th.

http://www.amazon.com/Mans-Panoramic...9224381&sr=8-1

Last edited by rblanshard; 14 Feb 2012 at 13:07.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3025791)   #289
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
March 15 in UK and France.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3025835)   #290
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep nice reminder. Will definitely be adding that to my collection.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3025838)   #291
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that the one that he took photos of us at the meeting last year potentially for?
Old 14 Feb 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3025865)   #292
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
I`ve been waiting forever for that book to come out, wasn't that originally planned to be about the 2010 event? I swear I saw a cover of it with the R15 Plus on it.

Edit: Yep

Old 14 Feb 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3025881)   #293
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, Gavin was definitely taking photos last June for a book....
Old 14 Feb 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3025906)   #294
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well if there are pictures of us in the book i will probably buy several copies, christmas presents sorted that way
Old 21 Feb 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3028817)   #295
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time off booked, taking son for the first time too! He'll be 'ill' as far as school is concerned...
Old 21 Feb 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3028871)   #296
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well if there are pictures of us in the book i will probably buy several copies, christmas presents sorted that way
Some Pics from the Book can be found here .

http://www.veloce.co.uk/LeMansPanoramic/slideshow.htm
Old 21 Feb 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3029042)   #297
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
looks good but will have to find it in a bookshop to have a better look first
Old 16 Mar 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3042322)   #298
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Small changing to my Plans for the Race . Get today the Confirmation that I can do the Test Day and the Race in one Step . That means that my Trip will starting June 1st until Monday after the Race .
Old 16 Mar 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3042324)   #299
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Small changing to my Plans for the Race . Get today the Confirmation that I can do the Test Day and the Race in one Step . That means that my Trip will starting June 1st until Monday after the Race .
Almost the same for me. Try to leave saturday 2nd, and come back monday 18th.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3042337)   #300
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Crikey, and there was I thinking James and I were starting early!