Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 9 Dec 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1175534)   #276
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
So there is still hope of my dream, seeing Champ Car at Interlagos, being realized
Let's just hope the weather holds up!

But yeah, that flat out blast over the start finish is addictive viewing, be great to get to see it twice in one season! (and with Champcar and push to pass and all that, could be quite a show!)

Please happen!
Old 9 Dec 2004, 19:06 (Ref:1175536)   #277
Ac.
Racer

Canada
Waterloo, Ont.
Ac. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And if it does happen, codename_47, you will be able to see it live on Eurosport! If only we were so lucky on this side of the pond....
Old 9 Dec 2004, 19:09 (Ref:1175538)   #278
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I heard a rumor that Argentina is of and Laguna still in with a chance.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 19:09 (Ref:1175539)   #279
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac.
And if it does happen, codename_47, you will be able to see it live on Eurosport! If only we were so lucky on this side of the pond....
Hmmm, I won't hold my breath on that, despite what they say.....
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:11 (Ref:1175613)   #280
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Well I heard a rumor that Argentina is of and Laguna still in with a chance.

There will definitely not be a race at Laguna Seca, sadly.

Argentina's not "off" because it was never on in the first place - although that doesn't mean it won't be added to the calendar.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 15:52 (Ref:1176269)   #281
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Courtesy of zerO.

UPDATE:

Latest from the Grapevine is that next week Walker Racing is going to test three drivers: Christijan Albers, Nico Pastorelli, and Richard Lyons... although we do know that Walker intends on having a two car team next year it seems that Mario Haberfeld and Michael Valiante are not a sure shot of being the team's designated drivers... the Walker saga shall continue...

Probable 2005 line-up:

1. NEWMAN/HAAS - #1 - Sebastien Bourdais
2. NEWMAN/HAAS - #2 - Cristiano DaMatta
3. NEWMAN/HAAS - #6 - Bruno Junqueira
4. FORSYTHE - #3 - Paul Tracy
5. FORSYTHE - #7 - Rodolfo Lavin
6. FORSYTHE - #27 - Tomaš Enge or Jaroslav Janiš
7. WALKER - #5 - Mario Haberfeld
8. WALKER - #15 - Michael Valiante or Brian Sellers or Christijan Albers or Nico Pastorelli or Jonathan Macri or Richard Lyons or Ralph Firman
9. WIGGINS - #4 - Ryan Hunter-Reay or Michel Jourdain
10. WIGGINS - #55 - Mario Dominguez
11. COYNE - #19 - Oriol Servia or Michael Valiante or Brian Sellers or Jos Verstappen or Ralph Firman or Andrew Ranger
12. COYNE - #29 - Gaston Mazzacane
13. BACHELART - #14 - Nelson Philippe
14. BACHELART - #34 - Ralph Firman or Ryan Hunter-Reay or Michel Jourdain or Jos Verstappen or Townsend Bell or Ryan Dalziel or Andrew Ranger
15. KALKHOVEN - #12 - Jimmy Vasser
16. KALKHOVEN - #21 - Björn Wirdheim
17. GENTILOZZI - #8 - Alex Tagliani
18. GENTILOZZI - #17 - Guy Smith or Michael Valiante or Ryan Hunter-Reay or Giorgio Pantano or Andrew Ranger
19. RUSSO - #9 - Justin Wilson
20. RUSSO - #10 - AJ Allmendinger

Possible entries in 2005:

21. FORSYTHE - #28 - Jaroslav Janiš or David Martinez Leon or Memo Rojas or Homero Richards or Rafael Martinez or Roberto Gonzalez or Andrew Ranger or Alex Figge
22. COYNE - #11 - Roberto Gonzalez or Marcus Marshall or Tonis Kasemets or Michael Keohane or Jaime Melo or Homero Richards
23. BACHELART - #24 - Bas Leinders or Rodolfo Gonzalez or Rafael Martinez or Ricardo Sperafico or Christijan Albers or Nico Pastorelli
24. FITTIPALDI - #20 - Alex Sperafico or Ricardo Sperafico or Jaime Melo or Ricardo Zonta or JP.DeOliveira or Christian Fittipaldi or Hoover Orsi
25. KALKHOVEN - #22 - Christian Murchison or Josh Hunt or James Courtney or Marcus Marshall or Ryan Dalziel or Andrew Ranger
26. JENSEN - #23 - David Sterckx or Adam Pecorari or Antoine Bessette or Andrew Ranger or Ryan Dalziel or Jonathan Macri or David Rutledge
27. LEBERLE - #33 - Giorgio Pantano or Ralph Firman or Jos Verstappen

btw, for an updated picturesque version of the probable 2005 line-up and other possibilities -> go to www.champcarfan.com and click on the "Line-Up" thingy ?!
Old 10 Dec 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1176295)   #282
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AR1 reported yesterday that Walker was taking in a rich guy named John Stange Jr., as a partner to become Walker-Stange Racing. Today, it reports that isn't going to happen and quotes a Walker spokesman as saying they were still seeking sponsorship.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 20:31 (Ref:1176519)   #283
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scrub Ricardo Zonta from that list of possibles - he was confirmed as Toyota's 3rd driver in F1 months ago.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1176549)   #284
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Nico Pastorelli discusses his upcoming test for Walker Racing: LINK
Old 10 Dec 2004, 21:20 (Ref:1176559)   #285
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
So there is still hope of my dream, seeing Champ Car at Interlagos, being realized
I've thought of that too and it would be so awesome to see Champ Car there! Honestly though I'd just be happy to see them pick up a Brazilian race again. OWRS is really doing a good job (IMO) of scheduling races around the biggest fan bases, so it seems like it would be a smart move.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 21:23 (Ref:1176564)   #286
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Scrub Ricardo Zonta from that list of possibles - he was confirmed as Toyota's 3rd driver in F1 months ago.
But that would mean looking at the facts, and zer0 doesn't do those.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 22:08 (Ref:1176594)   #287
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Boots, why don't you go over to champcarfan.com and tell him that instead of complaining about it here?!
Old 10 Dec 2004, 22:10 (Ref:1176595)   #288
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
The simple fact that zerO's posts are being reproduced here, makes them open to discussion here, no?
Old 10 Dec 2004, 23:21 (Ref:1176650)   #289
Kicking-back
Veteran

There's a school of thought that says if zerO is banned, his posts on other forums should not be being reproduced here.

But Boots is right - zerO's silly season tables are largely pure fantasy.

And, Dov - why would anyone want to go to an inferior forum? Ten-tenths is all that is required.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 23:51 (Ref:1176669)   #290
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I've been to school, KB.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 23:56 (Ref:1176674)   #291
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've read in several places that Gentelozzi is trying to get Memo Gidley sponsorship for his second car.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 23:57 (Ref:1176675)   #292
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov
Boots, why don't you go over to champcarfan.com and tell him that instead of complaining about it here?!
By your definition, I'm not a ChampCar fan though, am I? I don't view everything in black and white "it's his fault" type language, and I acknowledge the good in both championships. On a website like ChampCarFan or Crapwagons I'd get shouted down constantly, for pointing out flaws in the most optimistic world-views put forward. And I agree with KB - zer0 was removed from the site for good reasons, and his words seem unneccesary for the forum here.

Great news there evo, thanks. I'd love to see Memo get a full season. If this is the case, then either a) Smith was bending the truth when he said he wasn't brining money, or b) Paul was disappointed with Guy's efforts.

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 10 Dec 2004 at 23:58. Reason: responding to Evo
Old 10 Dec 2004, 23:58 (Ref:1176678)   #293
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo
I've read in several places that Gentelozzi is trying to get Memo Gidley sponsorship for his second car.
Seeing as Gidley's doing a full season in Grand-Am, I'd say those places are wrong.
Old 11 Dec 2004, 00:00 (Ref:1176680)   #294
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov
Wouldn't make any difference...Many of us have complained on other fora to no avail. I find it best just to ignore him.
Old 11 Dec 2004, 00:08 (Ref:1176684)   #295
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
[mod]The "lineup" posts are the only things being reproduced.

The staff reviewed this thread when it first began almost 300 posts ago, I for one was questioning the situation, but things were allowed to progress.

I thought I made that somewhat clear when I suggested that I'd been to school.

These posts obviously bring about conversation and debate, this can be alluded to by the post count and 14K+ views.

Any other questions will be welcomed in the Feedback Forum.

[/mod]
Old 11 Dec 2004, 03:33 (Ref:1176768)   #296
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
By your definition, I'm not a ChampCar fan though, am I? I don't view everything in black and white "it's his fault" type language, and I acknowledge the good in both championships. On a website like ChampCarFan or Crapwagons I'd get shouted down constantly, for pointing out flaws in the most optimistic world-views put forward. And I agree with KB - zer0 was removed from the site for good reasons, and his words seem unneccesary for the forum here.
What, Zero, surely the only person to be banned from BOTH here AND CW/Fanatics, whatever!??

Now THAT's extreme!, normally I'd expect one or the other, but both....what a dual personality!

Ok, so we all know by now that Zero will post that there'll be 40-odd cars next year, the detractors on the thread say there'll be 0 cars....the reality is of course somewhere in between!

20 cars then?? Seems about right for racing series these days!
Old 11 Dec 2004, 05:01 (Ref:1176783)   #297
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Right well Ive had enough.

I dont have a problem with Dov posting what Zero has on his website , it gives us something to discuss after all.

But dont go slamming the guy on this website folks.

he was banned for a reason that will not be entered into and basically YOU should not be having a go at him while he cant come back and defend himself.

as previously stated if you have a beef take it to his forum under his rules.

ten tenths will not accept someone not being able to defend themselves here.

so lets just get on with discussing champcars and possible line ups for 2005 and all will be merry.

anymore and i will send warnings and you too could pretty soon find yourself being banned.

Carry on
Old 11 Dec 2004, 06:30 (Ref:1176807)   #298
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's Nicky Pastorelli and not Nico............
Old 12 Dec 2004, 00:42 (Ref:1177337)   #299
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
But that would mean looking at the facts, and zer0 doesn't do those.
Now this is going to take me into unfamiliar territory...

Zer0 used to annoy me with his lists because he kept putting Dyson on there. Not long ago he and I swapped some messages, where I explained to him the details of my knowledge of Dyson's plans. Dyson is now not a regular on his list.

Zer0 is an optimist. He doesn't ignore facts, he just views circumstantial evidence from his Champcar-optimistic viewpoint.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Dec 2004, 06:36 (Ref:1177416)   #300
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So it looks like we have realistically 18 to 22 cars. Thats fine by me.

And Gaston Mazzacane is a lock, so I think we're all set