Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Jan 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2823423)   #276
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like LMS is going to be hot sh!t this year. Biggest news is of course the return of Pescarolo which will please the fans greatly and the return of Toyota as well. LMP2 is looking pretty promising as well, I'm quite excited to see and hear the new production engined LMP2 machinery. They have a lot of potential to provide good racing and sound veeery nice as well.

GTE Pro is looking to be the best category though. I'm somewhat surprised to see JMW back in a Ferrari, it's good news but I thought they would be sticking with the Aston and developing it for a bit longer than a year. Great to see Jota back in the championship, it's been a long time since they have raced in LMS under their own name. Although, the Jota team last raced in LMS in 2007 running the Charouz Lola did they not?

It's also great to still have the V8 Vantage in the championship still and the Ferrari F430 GT2's as well. Must say, I am rather excited for the season to start, looks to be a strong season in all classes.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2823430)   #277
lmpracer
Rookie

lmpracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nope, Tomlinson doesn't own anything of Zytek anymore. The reason behind Zytek going into administration a while ago was a falling out between him and Bill Gibson, who now owns 100% of the company.
Not sure why the cars are still listed as Ginetta-Zytek's though??
Is there any news coming from Zytec regarding chassis or the new Nissan engine??
Old 31 Jan 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2823443)   #278
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just booked for the Paul Ricard race.

At first I'm a little disapointed by the lack of factory entries and mostly by the 6 hours format, but last year I have to admit the race was a a bit boring with the LMP1 duel a non-happening and Strakka laminating the rest of the P2 field (although for that one there was some suspense at least).

I'm quite excited by the Toyota backed Rebellion effort, that's something I was looking forward for years... And it finally happens! Let's hope they can put a whole car together for 2012 and bring the factory fight to another level.

Pescarolo come back is emotional too. Looking at their situation, I wouln't expect them to be competitive (one year off, car being a compromise based on a never raced version of the old car), but since it's Pesca we're talking about, anything can happen.

Who's going to partner Fisi in the 458?

Also, watching a sportcar race without any single Corvette will be a first for me... It feels wrong. No BMW either, and no Spyker... At least an Aston managed to get on the list but overall a sad lack of variety in GT.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2823476)   #279
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
There could be a couple of more entries for the PR opener as a number of non-ILMC teams that have been granted a LM24 entry might wanna use it as a preparation run. Imola's grid is maximized to 53, what's the limit for PR? Must be higher since the track is longer I suppose.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2823480)   #280
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I think it also depends on the number of pit garages, you can't really invite teams if you know that there aren't enough garages to accomodate them all; with LMPs in there you can't really do it like they do in VLN races and cram several cars into a garage.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2823483)   #281
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Ok, last year the PR race saw 41 entries and starters so 5 more than the now announced 36 wouldn't be a problem. Anything above though...?
Old 31 Jan 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2823510)   #282
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are no Spykers, that´s very sad ¿or they are planning about run at the ILMC?

¿And TDS will run with a spanish license? that´s pretty weird
Old 31 Jan 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2823543)   #283
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
There are no Spykers, that´s very sad ¿or they are planning about run at the ILMC?

¿And TDS will run with a spanish license? that´s pretty weird
Yes. The Spykers. The lack thereof.

I've been hibernating for the past few months, what's happened to them!?
Old 31 Jan 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2823555)   #284
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect a number of entrants missing from this list will field entries on part of the LMS schedule due to being on the ILMC bill, and possibly even other rounds. There is not really a point in paying a fee for a full-season entry if you're skipping rounds though, and I bet a lot of ILMC teams have no interest in going to the last round in Estoril for example.
Old 1 Feb 2011, 02:41 (Ref:2823600)   #285
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
They havent announced anything yet so fingers crossed they will be back in LMS for the season and Le Mans. The applications for LM get announced in a weeks time and if Spyker are on there I'd be guessing they'd do at least one LMS race as a warm up.
Old 1 Feb 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2823661)   #286
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
They havent announced anything yet so fingers crossed they will be back in LMS for the season and Le Mans. The applications for LM get announced in a weeks time and if Spyker are on there I'd be guessing they'd do at least one LMS race as a warm up.
Spyker generally announce their plans for the racing season in early March at the Geneva Motorshow; at least that's the answer I got when posing this exact question on their Twitter feed.
Old 1 Feb 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2823665)   #287
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To be honest, Spyker platform is getting rather old.
Could it be that they have chosen new routes?
Old 1 Feb 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2823708)   #288
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Nope, Tomlinson doesn't own anything of Zytek anymore. The reason behind Zytek going into administration a while ago was a falling out between him and Bill Gibson, who now owns 100% of the company.
Yep- but I certainly didn't see this LNT Radical deal coming.

According to it's the Ian Dawson Libra car, with the IES Nissan engine that Libra used in their couple of ALMS entries last year- and apparently Graham Dale-Jones of IES is now employed by the LNT Group.

So has Dawson called time on Libra (a couple of pages back in the thread, it was suggested that 3 Portuguese drivers had tested the car in the US, and were possibly close to an LMS deal) and has Tomlinson bought the project, and IES?
Old 1 Feb 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2823787)   #289
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Bit dissapointed that Tomlinson is envolved with a Radical ..... hasnt achived nothing .

Maybe a chassis change is on the cards , eventually .
Old 1 Feb 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2823797)   #290
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Yep- but I certainly didn't see this LNT Radical deal coming.

According to it's the Ian Dawson Libra car, with the IES Nissan engine that Libra used in their couple of ALMS entries last year- and apparently Graham Dale-Jones of IES is now employed by the LNT Group.

So has Dawson called time on Libra (a couple of pages back in the thread, it was suggested that 3 Portuguese drivers had tested the car in the US, and were possibly close to an LMS deal) and has Tomlinson bought the project, and IES?
Genuine surprise to see LNT go down the Radical route, this is, after all, a very long in the tooth car, which never really lived up to the initial promise it showed. Can't help thinking this is just an intermediate solution.

Current story on EI would seem to suggest that the Portuguese Libra deal is not off - am I correct in thinking that Ian Dawson's operation had more than one Radical chassis - in which case both LNT and Portugal could be realistic prospects?
Old 1 Feb 2011, 13:55 (Ref:2823881)   #291
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
What chassis are RML going to use? I think I overheard someone say on Radio Le Mans that it's going to be the ex-de Ferran car from '08, is that correct?
Correct, but substantially updated. To all intents and purposes, only the tub remains as original.

Not sure I understand your previous post about Ben Collins and Andy Wallace? Andy did the first half of last season, up to and including Le Mans, but Ben has been the team's regular "third driver" since Algarve in July. He was confirmed again for 2011 at the Autosport Show on Jan 14th.
Old 1 Feb 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2823896)   #292
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Not sure I understand your previous post about Ben Collins and Andy Wallace? Andy did the first half of last season, up to and including Le Mans, but Ben has been the team's regular "third driver" since Algarve in July. He was confirmed again for 2011 at the Autosport Show on Jan 14th.
Initially the article with the entry list had A.WOL listed as the third driver, but since then they have changed it and Collins is listed in that seat now. That's what confused me.
Old 1 Feb 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2823920)   #293
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
They had wanted to announce S.TIG, not A.WOL...
Old 1 Feb 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2823932)   #294
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Genuine surprise to see LNT go down the Radical route, this is, after all, a very long in the tooth car, which never really lived up to the initial promise it showed. Can't help thinking this is just an intermediate solution.

Current story on EI would seem to suggest that the Portuguese Libra deal is not off - am I correct in thinking that Ian Dawson's operation had more than one Radical chassis - in which case both LNT and Portugal could be realistic prospects?
That's pretty much what I was wondering- now that LNT have split with Zytek, maybe using the Radical as a stepping-stone while they work on a new LMP project?- I think DSC said there's more news to come on this one shortly, so it sounds as if there might be more to the story than just picking up a second-hand LMP2 cheaply....

Re the Duarte Racing/Libra deal, yes, I'm sure I've read that Ian Dawson had two Radical chassis.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 00:09 (Ref:2824272)   #295
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That's pretty much what I was wondering- now that LNT have split with Zytek, maybe using the Radical as a stepping-stone while they work on a new LMP project?- I think DSC said there's more news to come on this one shortly, so it sounds as if there might be more to the story than just picking up a second-hand LMP2 cheaply....

Re the Duarte Racing/Libra deal, yes, I'm sure I've read that Ian Dawson had two Radical chassis.
Tweet from Graham Goodwin confirms Radical is just a first step towards a full Ginetta LMP2 project.

Enormously surprisingly, and very pleasingly, the Ginatta / Zytek divorce seems to have resulted in more diversity rather than the disappearance of both.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 00:12 (Ref:2824275)   #296
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Tweet from Graham Goodwin confirms Radical is just a first step towards a full Ginetta LMP2 project.

Enormously surprisingly, and very pleasingly, the Ginatta / Zytek divorce seems to have resulted in more diversity rather than the disappearance of both.
Full story on dsc now
Old 2 Feb 2011, 00:21 (Ref:2824280)   #297
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Full story on dsc now
And what a story it is too! Seriously ambitious production plan - and fascinating vote of confidence in the IES engine package.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 00:42 (Ref:2824288)   #298
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Correct, at least that was the case last year!
Old 2 Feb 2011, 07:27 (Ref:2824348)   #299
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Andrea Belicchi (SUI)
Belicchi is Italian, not Swiss.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2824354)   #300
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Correct, at least that was the case last year!
Yes he does