Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 May 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2684644)   #276
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There is no cure, you just have to learn to live with it. After all it is not life treatening just life consumming.
Old 5 May 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2684666)   #277
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I think you were just being a drama queen after complaining about my driving in 2006...!
Aah, yes the joys of flying off a mattress whilst half asleep as Craig decides to go rallying in his camper van across the campsite to escape the German disco on Sunday night!

As for 2007, I did at least get a mention on Radio Le Mans, (if someone has a recording of that I'd love to hear it) and regular updates from Craig and Hursty during the race. And I managed to avoid a wet race. As for hardcore, I'll reserve that for the patients in my hospital who would literally wheel their IV chemotherapy drip outside to the car park so they could smoke...
Old 5 May 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2684938)   #278
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Flights booked, TGV booked, just waiting for Just Tickets to deliver my camping and GE tickets and I'm all set!
Old 6 May 2010, 07:19 (Ref:2685168)   #279
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Flights booked, TGV booked, just waiting for Just Tickets to deliver my camping and GE tickets and I'm all set!
Keep a back up plan just in case Iceland has another hiccup.
Old 7 May 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2685879)   #280
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last minute Eurostar ahoy!
Old 7 May 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2685888)   #281
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Which day do you arrive this year?
Old 7 May 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2685936)   #282
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans - who's going?

Me!
Old 7 May 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2685949)   #283
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Which day do you arrive this year?
I'll arrive on Wednesday like last year, and will be leaving on Monday morning.
Old 7 May 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2686103)   #284
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Le Mans - who's going?

Me!
I daresay I've asked you this before, but are we going to lure you to the Ten Tenths meet this year?
Old 8 May 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2686393)   #285
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I daresay I've asked you this before, but are we going to lure you to the Ten Tenths meet this year?
Probably not.....again

I'm dependent on others for transport this year, which will probably mean venturing no further north than Arnage/Indianapolis
Old 8 May 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2686494)   #286
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You coould always come along with AllonFS.......
Old 8 May 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2686584)   #287
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You coould always come along with AllonFS.......
Except that I won't actually be at Arnage just before midday (sadly, I'll, er, miss the electric cars.....) After the Group Cs, I put on my chef's hat, so to speak, and disappear to buy tasty food for Saturday night's dinner, perhaps even indulge in a little food prep., (We will probably have the LM classic dish - Salmon Arnage - on the menu), then dash back to the circuit for the start.

I'm afraid I've been gradually turning into one of the people who don't watch a 24 hour race. I'm there as much for the food, drink and company.

I'll raise a glass or several to you all at some stage on Saturday and look forward to the group photo at some point in 2011!
Old 11 May 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2688820)   #288
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
My tickets arrived!
Old 11 May 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2688871)   #289
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It truly is getting close now.......
Old 12 May 2010, 07:13 (Ref:2689040)   #290
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
At this time in four weeks our shuttle, hopefully, will be under the under the channel and we will be on our way.
Old 12 May 2010, 07:21 (Ref:2689044)   #291
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 weeks time and we will be on the Vomit Comet waiting for it to leave Portsmouth
Old 12 May 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2689052)   #292
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
4 weeks time and we will be on the Vomit Comet waiting for it to leave Portsmouth
Never heard the sea cats called that before.
Old 12 May 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2689308)   #293
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
At this time in four weeks our shuttle, hopefully, will be under the under the channel and we will be on our way.

In four weeks time, I'll have been in France soooo long, people will think I'm one of the natives......

Well, with my command of the language, possibly not....
Old 12 May 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2689336)   #294
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In four weeks time, I will have AllonFS, Craig, and my brother-in-law 'winging' our way to Dover. It is getting exciting! That whole build up of anticipation, the journey, hearing the first car of the year from Arnage and the huge smile that follows. Shivers me timbers!
Mike.
Old 13 May 2010, 10:12 (Ref:2689663)   #295
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Spot on Mike. The sound of the cars along the Mulsanne, then getting louder as they head towards Indianapolis and suddenly the burst of sound and a car shooting past at Arnage. Shivers down the spine just thinking about it.

The classic race on Sat morning is particularly good for this, I remember the 50s race a few years ago; the fantastic and evocative sounds of the engines coming through the trees and then several E types flying past. Hang in there, hang in there Allon, only a month to go.
Old 13 May 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2689682)   #296
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Chef

Tickets arrived this morning - now really feels like we're going.

Listen out for Claire Smith and myself as we're scheduled to be on Radio LeMans plugging our 360Motor Racing Club 6 hour endurance race at Snetterton on August 15th at Snetterton - with very generous sponsorship from this site!

so - if you haven't had enough of endurance racing (or have had to miss out on Le Mans this year), come and support the next best thing

http://360motor-racing-club.com
Old 14 May 2010, 06:59 (Ref:2690167)   #297
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Spot on Mike. The sound of the cars along the Mulsanne, then getting louder as they head towards Indianapolis and suddenly the burst of sound and a car shooting past at Arnage. Shivers down the spine just thinking about it.

The classic race on Sat morning is particularly good for this, I remember the 50s race a few years ago; the fantastic and evocative sounds of the engines coming through the trees and then several E types flying past. Hang in there, hang in there Allon, only a month to go.
Couldn't agree more. It's that slightly echoing sound as they approach Indianapolis through the trees that's so evocative - there's no other sound like it at any other circuit I know.

Never mind "a month", I shall be leaving home in 27 days!
Old 14 May 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2690174)   #298
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Walking from the car park at mulsanne towards the start of Indianapolis you heard the cars long before you can see them and the noise is amazing, trying to identify all the different cars, then your first sight of the track the noise at that point is exagerated by the trees either side.
Old 14 May 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2690249)   #299
neilwilson
Rookie

neilwilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hurrah
My tickets arrived today.
It has been a while since I was last there and looking very much forward to it.
Old 15 May 2010, 09:04 (Ref:2690764)   #300
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good news and bad news ..
the good news .. my tickets arrived
the bad news .. undoz can't make it so I'll have to join the Ebay Idiocy to sell the extra Houx Ticket ..

Ciao Marco