Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 21 Dec 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2806832)   #276
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IC View Post
no, A-Spec and B-Spec have been compeletly separated...you have to drive every lap yourself
GT4 you could but its so long ago i can't remember how. Not got to the enduro yet but to ask someone to play solidly for 24hrs is stupid and against their own user safety guides! Only other option would be to pause the game for pitstops and hope no one touches the console!
Old 21 Dec 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2806840)   #277
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, in GT4 you could switch drivers, and speed up time as the B-spec driver was driving. the decision to leave this option out, is appalling...
Old 21 Dec 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2806991)   #278
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I let my B-Spec drivers take over 22 hours on the GT4 enduros.

I remember on one of them my B-Spec driver kept ramming into the wall along Mulsanne and damaging the chassis. I had to take over and make up a lap on the competition for the last six hours with a car that handled like a dog, just excruciating.

Apart from anything else it isn't good for the machine to have it running all day.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2806992)   #279
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Update is huge, probably a load of stuf they couldnt fit in before the release date as there is no way this is all new stuff written in a few weeks.

already seen it in the used sectin at gameshops, very sad way for this to die
The update takes 15 minutes to download and install.

It's exactly what PD should be doing rather than abandoning the game and releasing a sequal in 12 months time. Flaws and all GT5 still has that one more go appeal but I still say you have to play the game like an RPG over a period of time rather than racing to finish it.

Now you can at least back-up the game to USB so you don't lose your progress if your PS3 kicks the bucket! I lost my Forza 3 save game after 3-4 months play and didn't bother with the career mode again.

Last edited by JAG; 21 Dec 2010 at 15:12.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 03:48 (Ref:2807217)   #280
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I bought a PS3/GT5 today. Couple of questions:

*Anyone played it in 3D? Gotta say I wasn't overly impressed given that it's advertised as being 3D. I'd actually say Black Ops is better in 3D and that isn't even mentioned on the packaging.

*How do you get the F1 cars in it? Well, the Ferrari's anyway... (I'm pretty sure they're the only F1 cars in it)

Selby
Old 22 Dec 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2807257)   #281
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan: play it LOTS.

The new seasonal races are rubbish. One race atm is any Nissan GTR, but the competition drive whatever the hell they like and are so much faster than a fully (as allowed) tuned car its impossible. Waste of effort.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2807272)   #282
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All I can say is "Oh Dear" Seasonal race lol!! What is that about please explain?
Old 22 Dec 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2807299)   #283
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
Dan: play it LOTS.

The new seasonal races are rubbish. One race atm is any Nissan GTR, but the competition drive whatever the hell they like and are so much faster than a fully (as allowed) tuned car its impossible. Waste of effort.
buy the custom gear box, for just about any of these races. It took me several tries, but I did win the Nissan event, by setting the gearbox to a max speed of 270kph. just tops out at the end of the straight, gives good acceleration for the rest of the track.

same for the challenger challenge, raised the top speed lots (250 kph, I think), just flew past the other cars on the long flatout section.

I also won the Tsukuba 4 hour race. gave my roadster a good tuning, making it 10s a lap quicker than the opposition. gained about 7 laps on them every hour. Which allowed me to park the car off-line, and take breaks whilst leaving the clock running. reward car isn't worth it though
Old 22 Dec 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2807313)   #284
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you reach Level 23 you can race in the American Championship, there's a 5 lap Indy race that garners 111k credits. A NASCAR, which you should already have in your garage by Level 23, is good enough to win the event.

Yesterday I racked up almost 4m credits after a couple of hours racing. I'm aiming for 10m credits before backing my game upto USB, if there are any expensive cars I don't like I can restore the 10m credit gamesave.

Quote:
*How do you get the F1 cars in it? Well, the Ferrari's anyway... (I'm pretty sure they're the only F1 cars in it)
They're in the Ferrari dealership, there's also at least one FGT in the Online Collectors Dealership which is a generic '90's F1/F3000.

Refering back to an earlier post about the Catherham, it's well worth purchasing in the used car dealership even if it is a standard car.

Last edited by JAG; 22 Dec 2010 at 12:49.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2807402)   #285
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Park the car offline and go for a break while they catch up"

This says it all

For all you GT nerds who say this is a simulation, that is one of the worst examples of programming I have ever seen in my life.

Such a shame as by all accounts the rest of the game though a little dodgy is fine.

Am wondering if this endurance thing might be an oversight on Polyphonys part? As someone said earlier, it surely can't be within any kind of worldwide health guidelines to presume that anyone can play a game for 24 hours real time without either ruining yourself, or your monitor or PS3?

Seems a little un tested and "left" ?
Old 22 Dec 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2807434)   #286
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
I have just got to the endurance level. Does anyone know what happens r.e saving during races ? I.e if I start a le mans 24 hr race obviously I'm not gonna sit there for 24 hrs can I save the game during a pitstop like the old le mans game?
I have just bought this today (playstation 3+GT5) for my son, we have the LeMans 2000 game for the PS2 but bought this game as it boasts an up to date Le Mans circuit.

Are you telling me that you CANNOT save the game ???????? you are JOKING surely???

also, tell me you can play the 24 hour race without having to go through a load of hoops and getting licences etc ?
Old 22 Dec 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2807437)   #287
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have to be something like level 35 before you can contest the Le Mans 24, meaning hours of play before you can unlock the level.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2807442)   #288
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You have to be something like level 35 before you can contest the Le Mans 24, meaning hours of play before you can unlock the level.
Bit ridiculous isnt it? you pay a fortune to them for a game....that you are NOT allowed to play unless you unlock it????? what cant they just have an arcade mode for all.

The LeMans 2000 game, you could play it how you liked, 24 mins 240 mins or 24 hours...could save it in a pitstop etc....Im dissapointed and its sitting on my desk not even unwrapped....Im thinking about takking it back, but my son will be dissapointed, then again, he will be dissapointed when he finds out that yo9u cannot open it anyway .

Is there any cheats?...
Old 22 Dec 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2807448)   #289
JAG
Veteran

England
You can race or test at Le Mans 2005/2009, including the non-chicance version, night or day, online or offline and set as many laps (selectable in options) as you want in arcade mode. The Nordschleife is unlocked once you compete in the early Mercedes Academy events which take 15 minutes.

Before you start the game you need to spend time looking through the options, setting up the controller to your needs, turning off the various driving aids and such, it will take some time before you get your head around just how many features and options there are.

If your benchmark is Le Mans 2000 there really is no comparison, that games at least two or three generations out of date and more arcade than sim.

All the info is here, including a questions and answers section.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=156

Last edited by JAG; 22 Dec 2010 at 17:41.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2807482)   #290
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
You can race or test at Le Mans 2005/2009, including the non-chicance version, night or day, online or offline and set as many laps (selectable in options) as you want in arcade mode.....

Cool, so I dont have to unlock it first ?
Old 22 Dec 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2807535)   #291
JAG
Veteran

England
Le Mans is unlocked in arcade mode and there are about 50 cars (GT500 Nissan GT-R, GT40 MKIV etc.) you can use, if you go online there are always races at Le Mans too.

GT Life is well worth getting into once you've had your fix of the arcade mode, it's a slow start but enjoyable if you mix it with arcade and online play.

You can also trade cars between PSN friends so if you know others with a PS3 and GT5 get their PSN and see if they'll give you some cars.
Old 23 Dec 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2807663)   #292
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
speaking of PSN friends, mine is Hepatic if anyone wishes to thrash some metal sometime
Old 23 Dec 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2807861)   #293
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Bit ridiculous isnt it? you pay a fortune to them for a game....that you are NOT allowed to play unless you unlock it????? what cant they just have an arcade mode for all.

The LeMans 2000 game, you could play it how you liked, 24 mins 240 mins or 24 hours...could save it in a pitstop etc....Im dissapointed and its sitting on my desk not even unwrapped....Im thinking about takking it back, but my son will be dissapointed, then again, he will be dissapointed when he finds out that yo9u cannot open it anyway .

Is there any cheats?...
Sorry if my post was a bit mis leading. I haven't really used the arcade section so I wasn't really sure on the content.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2808051)   #294
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Sorry if my post was a bit mis leading. I haven't really used the arcade section so I wasn't really sure on the content.
No worries....thank you anyway
Old 24 Dec 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2808062)   #295
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
"Park the car offline and go for a break while they catch up"

This says it all

For all you GT nerds who say this is a simulation, that is one of the worst examples of programming I have ever seen in my life.
Agreed!!! That is utterly utterly shocking really! Makes the whole game a sham really and wish I hadn't asked Santa for it now Might not even bother un-shrink wrapping it and sell it on straight away as it just doesn't interest me anymore.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2808111)   #296
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
You don't have to tune the cars to a far greater extent than the other cars. If you keep mostly standard the racing will be closer.
Apart from the issue of not being able to save in race for the longer races I am loving the game.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2808155)   #297
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
resorting to pad while away for xmas and it sucks, as expected. not as bad as FM3, but the whole speed sensitive thing just drives me mad. the rallying is especially annoying, the AI are on rails yet you understeer like an oil tanker. when i ask it to go sideways, i mean it!
Old 24 Dec 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2808180)   #298
JAG
Veteran

England
If there's interest a 10-10ths room could be started, could be useful for getting each others PSN's and trading cars.

Last edited by JAG; 24 Dec 2010 at 15:00.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2808205)   #299
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
am i the only one really dissapointed with this game??? bought it expecting great things but its complete rubbish.....the cars either understeer or oversteer like crazy, the prize cars are utterly useless, the time penalty every time you hit a wall is really annoying...and yes well dont gt5 for giving us about 400 cars....but who wants 27 versions of a mazda mx5 or nissan bluebuird.....give me some decent cars for pete sake.....im going back to f1 2010 and COD
Old 24 Dec 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2808211)   #300
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
pad or steering wheel?

i'm finding the pad awful compared to my G25. it makes such a huge difference i can't even begin to explain.

the rally element so far has been really poor. uninteresting stages, AI its impossible to keep up with and cars that just dont perform like rally cars.

one of the stages on the special section is beyond the joke. racing a lambo at dusk and the lights might as well be candles. i can see so little its impossible to drive, and next to every single corner is on the peak or bottom of a hill.

some parts of this game are remarkable, others are downright dismal....