Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Mar 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2655123)   #276
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
The information on Planet Le Mans states that Bakkerud can transfer within the team, which would make him eligible to drive the second Kolles car and still not infringe the regulations.

I don't know if this is correct or just wishful thinking - but it's a possible solution.
I believe it to be wishful thinking, but I could be wrong! This is what the rule states:
"Should a competitor have 2 selected cars, the designated drivers will be able to be inverted on the car of the same competitor."

in French: "Dans le cas d’un concurrent ayant 2 voitures sélectionnées, les pilotestitulaires désignés pourront être intervertis sur les voitures du même concurrent." (translation anyone?)

Inverted means, at least to me, that they can switch both drivers from one car to the other but not together.

L.P.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2655207)   #277
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I believe it to be wishful thinking, but I could be wrong! This is what the rule states:
"Should a competitor have 2 selected cars, the designated drivers will be able to be inverted on the car of the same competitor."

in French: "Dans le cas d’un concurrent ayant 2 voitures sélectionnées, les pilotestitulaires désignés pourront être intervertis sur les voitures du même concurrent." (translation anyone?)

Inverted means, at least to me, that they can switch both drivers from one car to the other but not together.

L.P.
I'm sure you're right, I see no provision in the rules for Bakkerud to join Albers in the sister car, only a straight swap of Bakkerud to the #14 and Albers to the #15 should be permitted. But, the ACO make the rules and may decide to interpret the situation slightly differently. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2656405)   #278
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes, they mean that two confirmed pilots (or initially on the first list) can't be together on the same car.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2657417)   #279
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Good for Bouchut but he cannot do it alone, the other drivers need to be good as well, this line up is certainly not better then any of Kolles' two cars last year. This line up surely must bring lots of money to Kolles!

It would appear that the bar is set relatively low, with keeping ahead of the LMP2 and GTs as the overall aim - so not even fighting with the faster petrol LMP1s - a little disappointing.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2657799)   #280
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Well unless they are granted force majeure for some reason it seems that Bakkerud and Albers are set in the Kolles cars so that particular 3 man lineup is impossible.

L.P.
This is how I read the regulation also, however, crashnet is saying that he will share the #15 R10 TDI with Scott Tucker and Maxi Rodriguez - I was wondering if there's four drivers in this car then since Christian Bakkerud is listed as the designated driver for the Kolles 15. So what's the force majeure reason for Bakkerud to not be driving?? or is a person's money an acceptable reason for force majeure? in which case I feel sorry for Bakkerud if he looses his seat. I was wondering how Kolles could manage two LMP1 cars and two F1 cars at the same time
Old 22 Mar 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2657838)   #281
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
description of force majeure....
Force majeure (French for "superior force"), also known as cas fortuit (French) or casus fortuitus (Latin)[1], is a common clause in contracts which essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, or an event described by the legal term "act of God" (e.g., flooding, earthquake, volcanic eruption), prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract. However, force majeure is not intended to excuse negligence or other malfeasance of a party, as where non-performance is caused by the usual and natural consequences of external forces (e.g., predicted rain stops an outdoor event), or where the intervening circumstances are specifically contemplated.

I would think that "beyond the control of the parties" is a key phrase..just asking questions about the sudden change of events for the Kolles car!

thanks
Old 22 Mar 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2657839)   #282
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
This is how I read the regulation also, however, crashnet is saying that he will share the #15 R10 TDI with Scott Tucker and Maxi Rodriguez - I was wondering if there's four drivers in this car then since Christian Bakkerud is listed as the designated driver for the Kolles 15. So what's the force majeure reason for Bakkerud to not be driving?? or is a person's money an acceptable reason for force majeure? in which case I feel sorry for Bakkerud if he looses his seat. I was wondering how Kolles could manage two LMP1 cars and two F1 cars at the same time
Bakkerud is confirmed as a Kolles R10 driver (got no source to link to)
Old 22 Mar 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2657873)   #283
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Bakkerud is confirmed as a Kolles R10 driver (got no source to link to)
Here's the souce linking Bakkerud to the #15 Kolles http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...ngages_fr.html

so I guess my question is then, is Kolles #15 running four drivers?? Bakkerud-Bouchet-Tucker-Rodriguez then?? the article on crashnet didn't even mention Bakkerud - that's why I'm confused about this

thanks
Old 22 Mar 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2657883)   #284
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Here's the souce linking Bakkerud to the #15 Kolles http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...ngages_fr.html

so I guess my question is then, is Kolles #15 running four drivers?? Bakkerud-Bouchet-Tucker-Rodriguez then?? the article on crashnet didn't even mention Bakkerud - that's why I'm confused about this

thanks
No my source had another danish source.
We need Aslak on this matter!

But 4 drivers is not allowed!
Someone has messed up in there work, as Bakkerud is confirmed.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2657918)   #285
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
No my source had another danish source.
We need Aslak on this matter!

But 4 drivers is not allowed!
Someone has messed up in there work, as Bakkerud is confirmed.
hopefully Aslak will clear up any confusion - I didn't know about 4 drivers not allowed, thanks for that and replying to my questions ! !

thank you
Old 22 Mar 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2657926)   #286
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6.1.3 -
Nomination of the official drivers’ teams : 3 drivers maximum

per car :
a/ A driver can be nominated on one car only ;
b/ Reserve drivers are not permitted.

From here at bottom of pg. #5.

L.P.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2657995)   #287
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, has someone goofed.....?
Old 22 Mar 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2658005)   #288
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Or maybe they've dumped Christijan Albers from the squad without telling us. Yet.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2658062)   #289
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It warms my heart, that you guys remembered me

Christian will be joining the Team Kolles squad for the 2010 Le Mans. Originally the plan was to drive the #15 car, but as it turned out the crew could be changed, as Bouchut brought two codrivers.

The option is to change Bakkerud to the sistercar #14, which we expect will happen. But nothing is for certain just yet.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2658076)   #290
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind View Post
It warms my heart, that you guys remembered me

Christian will be joining the Team Kolles squad for the 2010 Le Mans. Originally the plan was to drive the #15 car, but as it turned out the crew could be changed, as Bouchut brought two codrivers.

The option is to change Bakkerud to the sistercar #14, which we expect will happen. But nothing is for certain just yet.
so perhaps that means Albers is not driving or could they have both in the #15 (I surely hope so, I would not like to see either Albers or Bakkerud dropped for .......well, best drop the rest of that comment!). Did Tucker buy the car?? Horndawg and Aslak, thanks for the information.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2658083)   #291
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
so perhaps that means Albers is not driving or could they have both in the #15 (I surely hope so, I would not like to see either Albers or Bakkerud dropped for .......well, best drop the rest of that comment!). Did Tucker buy the car?? Horndawg and Aslak, thanks for the information.
Well, the rule only seems to allow a swap of designated drivers between cars, so basically it looks to me like Bakkerud can drive the other R10 only if Albers is out. At least that's my understanding of the designated driver rule...
Old 22 Mar 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2658171)   #292
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Well, the rule only seems to allow a swap of designated drivers between cars, so basically it looks to me like Bakkerud can drive the other R10 only if Albers is out. At least that's my understanding of the designated driver rule...
It only says drivers may be inverted. If there is not anybody in the other car then there is no one to invert with, that becomes a tranfer! That seems to infringe on Art. 6.1.3

In the Supplemental Regulations Art. 3.4.3 Driver line-up Here (bottom pg. #9)
It states the the designated driver(s) can not be changed after Feb. 1st 2010 except by force majeure (what is the ACO’s definition).

Also, if it is a 2 car entrant that the drivers may be inverted, only.

And stated in the Sporting Regs. Art. 6.1.3 here (bottom of pg.#5) 3 drivers maximum, and a driver can be nominated on only 1 car.

Does not look possible by the rules, but they are the ACO's rules.....

L.P.  
Old 22 Mar 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2658201)   #293
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
#2 Minassian, Montagny, Sarrazin
This 908 will FLY!!

Those two guys are so underrated, Minassian is a well renowned sportscar pilot. But Montagny and Sarrazin will surprise quite a few people. Strange that Franck hasnt been signed by a F1 team...
Old 22 Mar 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2658203)   #294
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
This 908 will FLY!!

Those two guys are so underrated, Minassian is a well renowned sportscar pilot. But Montagny and Sarrazin will surprise quite a few people. Strange that Franck hasnt been signed by a F1 team...
Their lose, your gain
Old 22 Mar 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2658218)   #295
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Kolles

Are we not all saying what we already knew?

If the ACO want to "manipulate" the rules for whatever reason, they will do so, and don't expect the same manipulations to apply to everyone.

After all, it wouldn't be LM without this annual farce.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2658785)   #296
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's a strangely limiting rule to make - for the first time, is that right? - if they're going to then break it at the first opportunity they get..... Still, as we all know, when it comes to Le Mans, rules are there for the breaking..... Like adding reserves long after the closing date from 2 years ago....
Old 23 Mar 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2658806)   #297
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Like adding reserves long after the closing date from 2 years ago....
You still own me a pint on that point !!!
Old 24 Mar 2010, 01:18 (Ref:2658980)   #298
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
This 908 will FLY!!

I really don't get in what universe - except F1 - Montagny and Sarrazin are underrated. I'm pretty sure everyone in the sportscar world is well-aware of how good they are. Sarrazin is going for his 4th straight LM pole! I totally agree that the lineup is amazing however!

Interesting thought with respect to the LMP2 driver rule. Highcroft is testing with Brabs, Marino and Marco Werner in Sebring. Is Marino out for Le Mans, Werner driving for fun with a Highcroft logo on his helmet visor, or do they believe 3 pros will be allowed in a P2?
Old 24 Mar 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2658989)   #299
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Interesting thought with respect to the LMP2 driver rule. Highcroft is testing with Brabs, Marino and Marco Werner in Sebring. Is Marino out for Le Mans, Werner driving for fun with a Highcroft logo on his helmet visor, or do they believe 3 pros will be allowed in a P2?

Hmm, and where is there anything in the ACO/Le Mans rules that state anything about not being able to have an all pro line-up?

L.P.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 02:52 (Ref:2658996)   #300
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
when will the final entry list be closed, the date at witch even if a team drops out none cane take its place
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.