Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Oct 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3320534)   #276
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Maybe Williams got wind of this already so that's why they're over there. Not to look to annul the agreement (although this investigation would surely kill it dead anyway) but panicking trying find out if they still have the money!
I imagine it's a lot more serious than that. If, and it's a big if, Maldonado's funding turns out to have been procured fraudulently... then as a British company, Williams could criminally liable here in the UK. They'll need to confirm that this funding has been sourced legitimately... and quickly.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3320541)   #277
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
TR Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Maldonado is so incomplete though. He can only really deliver when he's right at the sharp end, and at least 80% of drivers in the field could do the same thing. I wouldn't be at all confident that Maldonado could consistently bring the car home in solid points finishes and podium places - he certainly couldn't last year.

If Hulkenberg gets passed over for Maldonado's cash again it would be a travesty.
Nah Hulkenberg will get a seat, he will just go back to Force India instead of to Lotus (Which could actually be the right move as Merc engine supposed to be better than Renault one for 2014), and Maldonado will defintley go to Lotus for next year
Old 20 Oct 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3320543)   #278
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Motorsport View Post
Nah Hulkenberg will get a seat, he will just go back to Force India instead of to Lotus (Which could actually be the right move as Merc engine supposed to be better than Renault one for 2014), and Maldonado will defintley go to Lotus for next year
It sounds like he's going to be in Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious alright.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3320547)   #279
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
Racing/testing days are indeed counted for Maldonado, Viso and Gonzalez! What about Cecotto Jnr? Was he benefiting from PDVSA $$?
I know the Cecotto family is in the opposition. Although surveying his sponsors on his website he does have some state support.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3320615)   #280
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
TR Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
It sounds like he's going to be in Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious alright.
Hulkenberg to Force India, Maldonado to Lotus, Massa to Williams
It will happen, it just will as Hulkenberg has already signed for Force India in Japan and Maldonado will announce move to Lotus in coming weeks at the same time Massa announces his move to Williams
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3320625)   #281
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Hulkenberg to Force India, Maldonado to Lotus, Massa to Williams
It will happen, it just will as Hulkenberg has already signed for Force India in Japan and Maldonado will announce move to Lotus in coming weeks at the same time Massa announces his move to Williams
No point in telling us. Go down to the bookies and put a few grand on it.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3320635)   #282
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Soz disagree hugely, if Maldonado went to Lotus that would be a great line-up as remember Maldonado is grand-prix winner and qualified 2nd in singapore only for the car to break down on him and 3rd in Abu Dhabi only fir his KERS to fail half way through race so that he dropped back to 5th, he's quick justvhas wrong reputation though and has done some stupid things but I think if he was given the car he would be fighting with Grosjean/Massa/ Hulkenberg for solid points if not the odd podium. If he went to lotus he would be given the car he deserves so I really hope that deal does get done and Maldonado does move to Lotus for next year
In short, I disagree......

Completely.

Absolutely.

Categorically.

Definitively.

And any other 'ly's' that you can think of.....

Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3320637)   #283
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maldonado is underrated on here and probably unappreciated in the F1 world due to his reputation for on track incidents. He has shown flashes of genuine brilliance last season, as a previous poster said not only his Spain win but his second on the grid on Singapore, third in Abu Dhabi, in between the incidents on track last season there were some very strong drives and this season he's stood up ok to a driver in Bottas who many people rate as a future World Champion.

I'd rather Hulkenberg in a Lotus easily, but Pastor wouldn't be a waste of a seat.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3320641)   #284
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trouble is, everyone's talking about last season.... In F1, that's a lifetime away. Stood up to Bottas? Yeah, I suppose so. But Pastor would surely have expected more against the rookie......
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3320644)   #285
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Massa to Williams It will happen
Will he bring Smedley with him?
Old 20 Oct 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3320662)   #286
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
Maldonado is underrated on here and probably unappreciated in the F1 world due to his reputation for on track incidents. He has shown flashes of genuine brilliance last season, as a previous poster said not only his Spain win but his second on the grid on Singapore, third in Abu Dhabi, in between the incidents on track last season there were some very strong drives and this season he's stood up ok to a driver in Bottas who many people rate as a future World Champion.

I'd rather Hulkenberg in a Lotus easily, but Pastor wouldn't be a waste of a seat.
I don't disagree - his raw speed certainly isn't in question. If he can get it up front he can more than often get a result. His string of GP2 feature race wins, his Spanish victory and his race in Abu Dhabi last year all great examples of that. It's just that his form is too patchy and when he's mired further down the grid he becomes too aggressive. And this sense of entitlement now that he's a GP winner isn't becoming either
Old 20 Oct 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3320670)   #287
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I took a punt at this the other day but it was lost in the server issues.

Red Bull: Vettel Ricciardo - both under contract
Mercedes: Hamilton Rosberg - Both under contract not going anywhere
Ferrari: Alonso Raikkonen - Alonso apparently open to offers Raikkonen New Deal
Lotus : Grosjean -Should sign something soon if he's any sense.
McLaren: Button Perez - neither signed both probably open to offers
Marussia: Bianchi - contracted possibly payment from Ferrari

So
Hulkenburg stays at Sauber for 2014 with the Ferrari Engine, should Alonso leave Ferrari in 2015 and Vettel stays at RedBull then Hulk get the #2 seat for 2015
Sirotkin if he gets his Superlicence becomes Sauber#2, if he doesn't Gutierrez keeps the #2.

Force India - Sutil becomes #1 with Guttierrez as #2 (see above)

Di Resta's poor season means moving across from Force India, to the newly Mercedes Powered Williams, #2 goes to deepest pockets available

Bottas stays with the Renault power plant and becomes #2 at Lotus

Trying to work out the rest is making my head hurt
Old 21 Oct 2013, 06:06 (Ref:3320828)   #288
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely Hulkenberg HAS to move this season, he can't wait yet another season for a competitive drive in the hope of a Ferrari seat opening up. He's what, 27? Already had a lot of impressive seasons in the midfield. Wait much longer and he risks being a Fisichella and spending too long impressing in midfield machinery without making the step up. He has to gamble on Lotus if the seat's available.

Bottas is in a different position, he just needs a car that lets him show his speed. Williams need to get their act together to give it him, but I'm sure he'll stick around there. Williams are so Jekyll and Hyde.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3320934)   #289
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Agreed about Hulk but other than Enstone, there isn't another team on current from that can offer him a truly decent car?

Would he really go back to FI? If Sauber stay in business he'd be better off staying there.

Cannot see Bottas driving anywhere else than where he is now, unless someone is prepared to pay him to drive and not the other way around. That's nothing against him, he's an excellent prospect, just the way of the world.

If Perez does part with McLaren, how much will the Slims' put up front for a drive elsewhere? I think he's staying put so they can take another look at him in (hopefully) a better car but who knows.

Must have Magnussen get a half decent drive though. Marussia would be a waste...
Old 21 Oct 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3321380)   #290
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Agreed about Hulk but other than Enstone, there isn't another team on current from that can offer him a truly decent car?

Would he really go back to FI? If Sauber stay in business he'd be better off staying there.

Cannot see Bottas driving anywhere else than where he is now, unless someone is prepared to pay him to drive and not the other way around. That's nothing against him, he's an excellent prospect, just the way of the world.

If Perez does part with McLaren, how much will the Slims' put up front for a drive elsewhere? I think he's staying put so they can take another look at him in (hopefully) a better car but who knows.

Must have Magnussen get a half decent drive though. Marussia would be a waste...
Why would you want the Hulk when you can confidently add four tenths a lap onto what he is capable of in your car compared to some lightweight midget?
Old 22 Oct 2013, 05:47 (Ref:3321458)   #291
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be interesting to see how the Venezuelan currency exchange scandal unfolds. Perhaps Maldonado will go unaffected. It's hard to imagine he was involved in any of it, but a few Venezuelan drivers racing in the US could be affected.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 13:01 (Ref:3321626)   #292
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
It will be interesting to see how the Venezuelan currency exchange scandal unfolds. Perhaps Maldonado will go unaffected. It's hard to imagine he was involved in any of it, but a few Venezuelan drivers racing in the US could be affected.
what is the problem with the Venezuelan drivers in USA?
Old 22 Oct 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3321666)   #293
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
what is the problem with the Venezuelan drivers in USA?
http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268756/con...tguid=dMJWTD0u
Old 22 Oct 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3321674)   #294
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm sure Maldonado will remain unaffected. By winning that Spanish GP he secured international fame for Venezuela, and has become something of a hero. I wouldn't have that confidence with PDVSA support for drivers in any other branch of the sport mind you. Grosjean and Maldonado at Lotus would be a hairraising combo if it does come to pass.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3321688)   #295
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I'm sure Maldonado will remain unaffected. By winning that Spanish GP he secured international fame for Venezuela, and has become something of a hero. I wouldn't have that confidence with PDVSA support for drivers in any other branch of the sport mind you. Grosjean and Maldonado at Lotus would be a hairraising combo if it does come to pass.
I wouldn't be so sure...
Old 22 Oct 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3321733)   #296
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I wouldn't be quite so sure yet. If (and it is 'if' at the moment of course) the public money used to sponsor him was obtained by the fraudulent means mentioned in various articles, then how likely would it be that they would continue to sponsor him at the same desired rate?
Old 22 Oct 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3321756)   #297
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just a bit of fun but if its true that PDVSA is giving Williams US$46mil a year and the maximum amount a Venezuelan citizen can take out of the country a year is US$3000 then they would need 15 333.33 people to travel out of the country each year to make their sponsorship payments for them.

after airline tickets, hotels, food money, bribes to keep quite etc one wonders that if this is true then what the true cost of their sponsorship really is. at the least there is an airline or hotel chain out there that should be considering F1 as a place to advertise!
Old 23 Oct 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3322057)   #298
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any word on Valsecchi getting a drive next year ? What a waste , a proven GP2 champion sitting at the back of a garage .
Old 23 Oct 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3322151)   #299
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Any word on Valsecchi getting a drive next year ? What a waste , a proven GP2 champion sitting at the back of a garage .
Yes he was GP2 champion but has he startled any team owners with his testing pace, or his wallet?
Old 23 Oct 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3322337)   #300
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes he was GP2 champion but has he startled any team owners with his testing pace, or his wallet?
The size of his wallet should make no difference ....... oh sorry I forgot about the current state of affairs in F1.