Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 29 Aug 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1999498)   #276
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"For absorbing water, there's nothing better."
Old 29 Aug 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1999500)   #277
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least Nicky has progressed over the season...

Certainly the evidence suggests and proves that the thumb sucking baby has been better over the course of the season. And rightly so, given the 800cc format and HRC politics. I have no dispute there.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 21:40 (Ref:1999583)   #278
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its a very difficult argument.

One point is clear to me and that is the RC212 was not designed and built for a rider like Nicky, that is why Elias Pedrosa and even Marco have gone well on it, they are smaller, and use more of a corner speed style.

What HAS happened though is that I think HRC ave respected Nicky;s work ethic and really come round to seeing what the lad could do if you help him.

All the other riders show the same trait as someone like Max, Luca or to some extentKocinski in that they STILL even with a 250 style, cant run quick when the bike isnt right there.

Nicky has that ability to do it if its close, most of the season its not been anywhere near and I am recollectying times last year when he was nowhere, but again remember he was on a unique machine last year too!!

For me Marco and Dani are too easy to pass and not aggressive enough at times, Rossi has had Danis number ever since they started and Dani reminds me so much of Max and Luca its unreal, unstoppable 4 tyimes a year, good the rest. That aint how you win titles

I already fear people are gonna taint Nickys title the same as Kennys Juniors, please remember they way Hayden rode in some races, the same way Kenny rode in Motegi blitzing the field after wining the title, to win a title needs a different sort of head!
Old 29 Aug 2007, 21:50 (Ref:1999589)   #279
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chunder is now on my Christmas card list!

Seriously though, Nicky has the intangibles, Dani doesn't.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 04:46 (Ref:1999798)   #280
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We know the difference of opinion with Pedrobot and NH this year with a bike way under par and tyres that are also under par, IMO i have to say about NH i didn't like him before but this year the way he has carried himself, has tried to develop the bike and has improved all season, his work ethic has been unbelievably high i am liking him this year, never have liked the way Pedrobot has carried himself and his work ethic has been crappy this year.

250's everyone said Pedrobot was better than Stoner, last year with both making the step up everyone was saying Pedrobot is the future star of Moto GP, last year he was better than Stoner but Pedrobot did have the better bike, but this year the way Casey is racing and has been in some good battles not cracking, and comming out on top, Stoner has the best bike handsdown but with the battles Stoner has been in with Rossi at Catalunya great battle, at Assen held the lead for that long and was good on a fading bike, and how he has gone at Le Mans and Donnington in the wet where Pedrobot has faded, with that said we know NH would match Stoner maybe even beat him but would Pedrobot do the same? i think not.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 30 Aug 2007 at 04:49.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 16:47 (Ref:2000194)   #281
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Westy confirmed at Kwaka for next year: http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/moto...id=3&section=1 i am sure he will repay their faith in him and get some good rsaults.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 07:01 (Ref:2000624)   #282
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"rsaults" might be hard to come by...
Old 31 Aug 2007, 11:25 (Ref:2000780)   #283
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sure West will have good "rsaults" in "west" conditions (whatever "rsault" is)
Old 31 Aug 2007, 14:58 (Ref:2000888)   #284
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
, resaults.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 15:06 (Ref:2000895)   #285
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
, resaults.
Your spelling lessons are not showing good results.

With a bit more work you may see some success!
Old 31 Aug 2007, 15:17 (Ref:2000905)   #286
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Old 31 Aug 2007, 15:45 (Ref:2000928)   #287
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*despairs at it all!*
Old 31 Aug 2007, 17:03 (Ref:2000962)   #288
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
*despairs at it all!*
I'm betting you used spell check on despairs though!
Old 1 Sep 2007, 15:24 (Ref:2001333)   #289
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I cahn understad now why thes forun is not sucesfool.
Old 1 Sep 2007, 15:39 (Ref:2001341)   #290
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
i will have to read this properly in the morning, just been to a party and had a few , my spelling might be better with a few in me.
Old 1 Sep 2007, 22:06 (Ref:2001552)   #291
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
Priceless! I love this forum!
Old 3 Sep 2007, 20:03 (Ref:2002975)   #292
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit
I don't think Pedrobot has done enough this year to either warrant more money or put pressure on Repsol/Honda.
Considering the bike was supposedly design specifically around him he seems to be going backwards as the season progresses whereas Nicky is getting stronger.
I think Stoner's performance has taken a lot of polish of Danni's star. He was heavily promoted as the next superstar of the sport but so far he is getting soundly thumped by Casey (along with everyone else).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Agreed bestfit.

In my opinion, Pedrobot has not overwhelmed during his time in Moto GP. He was dominant in the lower categories, so he has talent. But he's the kind of rider that likes to control from the front. Just look at his three wins in GP. But he can easily be rattled. Witness Rossi fighting with him for 2nd last year in Brno and Qatar this year. Or maybe more infamously, when he took out Hayden. In short, Pedrosa needs a machine advantage. He's better off waiting for Honda to deliver the goods. I can't see Kawasaki doing it.
If Pedrosa would have been on the Ducati this year he would have done the same as Stoner is doing, which is winning from the front.

Personally I still think Pedrosa is slightly the better rider of the two. Stoner is doing a brilliant job, he will be a worthy champion and I might have a completely different opinion of him in a years time, but he has the same weaknesses as Pedrosa.

They dont know (yet) how to develop a bike. We see it this year with Pedrosa, he doesnt seem to improve a lot over the year. Stoner last year never got his bike sorted, he kept on crashing. This year the Ducati was already developed and it just suits his riding style.

It seems they both can only win from the front.

They are both boring as hell (I dont want any other Rossi or Lorenzo, but hey it doesnt hurt to smile or celebrate a victory)!
Old 4 Sep 2007, 05:43 (Ref:2003241)   #293
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
Stoner last year never got his bike sorted, he kept on crashing. This year the Ducati was already developed and it just suits his riding style.
That doesnt mean he hasnt helped develop it more. After Qatar how many people thought in a month's time Yamaha would have more power and Rossi would be dominating as Ducati crawl through anything slower than a fast sweeper? Bloody everyone, thats how many.
Old 7 Sep 2007, 13:01 (Ref:2006066)   #294
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chaz Davies to test a works Ducati soon. It may or may not be relevant that there are D'Antin rides up for grabs
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~154084.htm
Old 9 Sep 2007, 19:44 (Ref:2007871)   #295
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aspar will probably enter MotoGP in 2009, not next year as it's somewhere rumoured.

In the 250s, Alvaro Bautista and Mika Kallio have signed contract extension with their current teams.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 06:38 (Ref:2008177)   #296
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Depending on who is gonna move up from 125, those will be the new 250 championship contenders next year.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 06:43 (Ref:2012264)   #297
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
There was some real news as well yesterday (this not being announced by FEDs look-a-likes).

Lorenzo to be teammate of Rossi
Both to ride with Fiat colours (although Fortuna wants to keep Lorenzo in its red colour)
Yamaha to stay with Michelin
No fines were announced.
Old 15 Sep 2007, 11:50 (Ref:2013545)   #298
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Dovizioso will ride a Honda RC212V in 2008, via (not with) the JiR team (Konica Minolta).

It's likely he will take his current team to Motogp.

I'm not so sure if this is an ideal solution for Dovizioso to debut in Motogp. His team will have to learn the Motogp bike as does Dovi.
Old 15 Sep 2007, 12:03 (Ref:2013558)   #299
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LCR did okay.
Old 15 Sep 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2013605)   #300
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
1 pole, 1 podium iirc. I suppose that is not to bad, but that was on the magic Honda... The RC212V has to change a lot for a new team to achieve that again.