Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Jun 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2892445)   #2976
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Would DB want to drive it???
Who knows.
On the other hand, if it breaks down, Brabs has some recent experience of pushing Astons (GT1WC).

*badumtss*
Old 6 Jun 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2892507)   #2977
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I would have said sailing is more the style. It was PUNTING, not bump drafting!
Old 7 Jun 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2892958)   #2978
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News from Endurance-Info: during scruteneering on sunday the AMR ONE weren't completely "finished"/prepared !!!! One of them hadn't its exhaust pipe for example(among other details)
Old 7 Jun 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2892963)   #2979
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Edit: sorry, double post following a computer technical problem
Old 7 Jun 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2893093)   #2980
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
News from Endurance-Info: during scruteneering on sunday the AMR ONE weren't completely "finished"/prepared !!!! One of them hadn't its exhaust pipe for example(among other details)
Probably rushed up from Monza, plenty of time between Sunday and Wednesday afternoon for final prep!
Old 7 Jun 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2893128)   #2981
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Everything about their effort screams of professionalism
Old 8 Jun 2011, 02:41 (Ref:2893203)   #2982
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the AMR website:
On how the car and the team have been progressing in 2011, Team Principal, George Howard-Chappell said: “We won’t be pushing the car to its maximum potential this weekend, as we need to build up to that. It’s a three year programme; we’re in the early stages of the car’s birth so it will be nice if we can run reliably; the performance will come later.”

So I guess it is public test session no. 2 for AMR-One.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 05:31 (Ref:2893238)   #2983
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Perhaps a more extreme example of what happens all the time at LM

If you want to find out who had problems at scrutineering hang around on Tuesday and Wednesday and see who pushes the car down to the tech truck at pit out - There's usually plenty of them - at a rough estimate around 30% will have needed to make at least minor changes - bearing in mind that most will have entirely rebuilt their cars prior to race week

There is something counter intuitive about scrutineering cars at a race meeting up to three days before they hit the track somehow. But that's part of the 'charm' of the event!
Old 8 Jun 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2893293)   #2984
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its a nice tradition Graham ..... pulls the people and is an event in itself ..... and is a wind up to the big day .

I love it ..... when its dry !!!
Old 8 Jun 2011, 21:54 (Ref:2893935)   #2985
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The Aston Martin engine is significantly down on power.

The best top speed during the practice session was only 288.8 km/h, compared to 326.3 km/h for Pescarolo and 330+ km/h for the diesels.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 22:00 (Ref:2893940)   #2986
carabus
Rookie

Czech Republic
Praha, CZ
carabus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately,

the only sensible way for AMR-One cars is to be scratched. Sometimes if can happen, a completely wrong way is chosen... The current level of the cars is lower than in Lister LMP1, perhaps compeable with that of Lavaggi LMP1. Of course it can happen, but it is time to unveil this fact and leave in Time (I am a permanrnt fan of Aston). The times of AMR-One LMP1 are similar to those made by Tomas Enge with DBR9 GT1 car - so: AMR-1 will never be successful, will never reach the level of the best LMP2 cars.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 22:38 (Ref:2893965)   #2987
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabus View Post
the only sensible way for AMR-One cars is to be scratched. Sometimes if can happen, a completely wrong way is chosen... The current level of the cars is lower than in Lister LMP1, perhaps compeable with that of Lavaggi LMP1. Of course it can happen, but it is time to unveil this fact and leave in Time (I am a permanrnt fan of Aston). The times of AMR-One LMP1 are similar to those made by Tomas Enge with DBR9 GT1 car - so: AMR-1 will never be successful, will never reach the level of the best LMP2 cars.
Or maybe, they just need a few more months playing with the engine to get the correct power.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2893979)   #2988
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The times of AMR-One LMP1 are similar to those made by Tomas Enge with DBR9 GT1 car - so: AMR-1 will never be successful, will never reach the level of the best LMP2 cars.
Yes, they are slower (by quite a bit) than the Norma, but look on the bright side. They are 4 seconds faster than the Jota GTE Vantage.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2893981)   #2989
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The picture painted by Qualifying times is not truly accurate to the pace of the AMR One, in Practice this afternoon the 007 car did a 3:46 their time in the Qualifying session was a 3:56. Of course the practice time is still very slow and would only put them 20th overall and still 2 seconds off the Kronos car. Prehaps tomorrow they can turn the engine up a little more.

Plus both cars were suffering with alot of issues during Qualifying which hopefully can be resolved for tomorrow. We must not forget that what they have tried to do in a little over 6 months is design, build, test an entire new car, Tub, Suspension, Aero, Engine, Gearbox even electronics. You are always bound to have problems.

Lets not forget that AMR are not blessed with Audi levels of experience at prototype racing (granted Prodrive have masses of experience and talent) and im fairly sure they are not spending Audi levels of money.

Last edited by tux; 8 Jun 2011 at 23:51.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 01:42 (Ref:2894003)   #2990
carabus
Rookie

Czech Republic
Praha, CZ
No shame for AMR

at least they tried it, unfortunately on the completely wrong side, i am arfaid their 4th position with Charouz Team is never to be improved... They lost a lot of money to compete with Norma, but thumbs up fot romatic approach to car racing... I think ACO prefers diesels a bit, but not ver much, if petrol cars are preferred and Peugeot and Audi engaged, they still have 4-5 sec advance... no problem for Pescarolo to be 5- 10 sec slower, and no problem for petrol... I think if any ANY BIG car company comparable with PUG or AUDi decides to compete with a petrol engine, they are on the same level with diesels. Unfortunately, I think the current ACO regulations are quite OK, as... if an amateur like Pescarolo with a petrol car should be fully competitive with Audi od Peugeot Pescarolo under current ACO level, then ANY other big manufacturer seriously dealing with petrol engines should easily beat all of them. AMR was something between amateurs and profis, they had a chance at least to imrpove the results of their AMR Eastern Europe, but their sympethetic risk seems to be a disaster now...
Old 9 Jun 2011, 01:58 (Ref:2894006)   #2991
carabus
Rookie

Czech Republic
Praha, CZ
No thread for LM 2011????????

????????????????????????????????
Old 9 Jun 2011, 02:09 (Ref:2894008)   #2992
carabus
Rookie

Czech Republic
Praha, CZ
No thread for LM 2011

Quote:

I think ACo is completely out subject. The best protos at 3:27, the long expected LMP1 AMR-One at the same level as BMW M3... although the circuit has been slowed by some chicanes since 1970, i think the protos of 21 century should safely attack 3:00 barrier (what about F1 times at LeMans, under Bernie's geront-guard I thing about some 2:45 or so, with a finger in drivers nose...). But they do 3:27, next year to be expected 3:35, and BMW M3, maby 3.50... No sport, only lobbying and policy... ****!!!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 02:12 (Ref:2894009)   #2993
carabus
Rookie

Czech Republic
Praha, CZ
sorry for automaic censure of the EU regulations that I cannot expect: **** should mean S*H*I*T.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 02:17 (Ref:2894010)   #2994
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Lets not forget that AMR are not blessed with Audi levels of experience at prototype racing (granted Prodrive have masses of experience and talent) and im fairly sure they are not spending Audi levels of money.
They definitely don't have the budget of Audi and Peugeot, but Prodrive is an experienced and qualified team. I think they were smart in the past to use a customer chassis like the Lola while they worked on getting their engines as good as they could be. They probably should have done that again this year (perhaps with a different specification engine), but I think they were a bit too ambitious given the time and money constraints. I'm sure the package will improve over time, but there is some concern that the engine specification and open top chassis they have chosen have limited potential.

Quote:
The Le Mans thread is here.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 03:53 (Ref:2894024)   #2995
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Am I correct in thinking that Mucke brings money to AMR? If so, would any suspension have an impact on Mucke's money?

Me thinks Primat and Fernandez bring more money to the team
Old 9 Jun 2011, 07:12 (Ref:2894068)   #2996
daallo
Rookie

Mexico
Mexico
daallo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adrián doesn't at all, he's paid.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2894073)   #2997
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Maybe they should just put the AMR-engine in the Delta-Wing... 300 bhp should be perfect for that one...
Old 9 Jun 2011, 09:08 (Ref:2894126)   #2998
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I only really pay a passing interest to LeMans, but im shocked to see that the AMR One is 15-20 seconds or more off the pace.

What happened?
Old 9 Jun 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2894132)   #2999
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I only really pay a passing interest to LeMans, but im shocked to see that the AMR One is 15-20 seconds or more off the pace.

What happened?

AMR decided to project and build a budget car in 6months of projecting and production and results we can see....
then decided to build a kind of race engine that they never built and it seems that for be reliable needs to run very tuned down....
Old 9 Jun 2011, 10:54 (Ref:2894190)   #3000
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by daallo View Post
Adrián doesn't at all, he's paid.
He does come with Lowe's sponsorship attached though.