Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Feb 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3955832)   #3101
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mat Jackson is one of the cleanest BTCC drivers out there. Always has been. Dare I say it, even cleaner than Clean Colin Turkington. Certainly up there with the most professional.

Porsche962fan, if you honestly believe he will get stuck in with fistycuffs with Motorbase, you've read too many tabloid column inches.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 5 Feb 2020, 10:47 (Ref:3955833)   #3102
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
A good driver doesnt just forget how to race. Will need to blow the cobwebs away but pretty sure he will still have what it takes to win

Mark Blundell anybody...

In all seriousness that isnt the point I was making, the point was someone said the reaction Mat was getting was akin to believing he had just had his feet up for a couple of years, which as he hasnt actually been racing anything, isnt that far from the truth
Old 5 Feb 2020, 10:51 (Ref:3955834)   #3103
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post

Porsche962fan, if you honestly believe he will get stuck in with fistycuffs with Motorbase, you've read too many tabloid column inches.

there are 3 Motorbase cars on the grid and there are 30 races

you really think odds there won't be a single incident the whole season ? and who said deliberate ? even if it's normal race incident given the bad blood there will be accusations
Old 5 Feb 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3955835)   #3104
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
there are 3 Motorbase cars on the gris and there are 30 races

you really think odds there won't be a single incident the whole season ? and who said deliberate ? even if it's normal race incident given the bad blood there will be accusations
You're missing the point.

Will they trip over each other? Yes, probably.

Will it be intentional and end up in a fight between him and the team? Never.

Old 5 Feb 2020, 10:55 (Ref:3955837)   #3105
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what makes you so sure ?

for example Plato and Sutton this past season seemed a bit more personal than usual, textbook example of driver having a real beef with his old team
Old 5 Feb 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3955838)   #3106
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
Quote:
what makes you so sure ?

for example Plato and Sutton this past season seemed a bit more personal than usual
We're talking about Mat Jackson here. See my earlier comment.

Old 5 Feb 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3955840)   #3107
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't think there will be anything come of it other than the usual trip to the bus
Old 5 Feb 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3955841)   #3108
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
what makes you so sure ?

for example Plato and Sutton this past season seemed a bit more personal than usual
Even if there is an incident and emotions become heated as a result, I still don't get why it would be seen as humorous?

There has been 'friction' between different drivers/teams on the grid in the past, and we see on track incidents develop into a bit more on occasion. But I have never found the thought of two cars having an incident as being funny - let alone to the point that I would be rolling around on the floor laughing......
Old 5 Feb 2020, 11:02 (Ref:3955842)   #3109
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
I honestly feel that if MJ was to get into any incidents during the season, there is more likely to be tension between the PMR drivers battling for a win than a Jackson/Motorbase incident.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3955843)   #3110
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you know full well this wasn't a normal split

don't pretend it's not a special case
It still doesn't change anything.

I'm nipping into Tesco after work. Would you like me to get you some baking foil?
Old 5 Feb 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3955851)   #3111
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Motorbase have just posted to their Facebook with an old picture of Mat Jacksons Focus welcoming him back to btcc so maybe it's all been put to bed?
Old 5 Feb 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3955857)   #3112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So Plato has finally been confirmed at PMR. Even better though is Mat Jackson is gonna come back as his team mate. Glad to see everyone can let bygones be bygones.

MJ proved more than a match for JP when they were team mates at PMR, so he should have no problem doing so again. Just as long as two years out haven't dulled his skills
Old 5 Feb 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3955859)   #3113
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
With the confirmation that Smiley is not at PMR (sorry Pickles), what are we now looking for?

Files driving for Simpson Racing.
Shedden in a Vodafone-sponsored Motorbase.
Smith at Excelr8.

So expect none of those will happen!!

TeamCarDriverNotes

Words Marked   
??????FilesTR4racer
Simpson TBLHonda CivicNot SimpsonPickles
??????SheddenPickles
Vodafone (Motorbase)Ford Focus STButchercrmalcolm
Excelr8???Smithsceptic

Came to pass   
??????Suttontouring fan01
AmDHonda Civic x2New DriversOverboost
Motorbase3rd Car???Jiiiiiiim
HARDBMW 1-SeriesBoardleyKinger6
Speedworks/Dynamics/WSR/Laser Tools/HARD/Amd Cobra/BTC/MotorbaseChange of 1 Car???Pickles
HARD???Boardleysceptic
Trade PriceAudi S3 x2???Overboost
Trade Price?Audi S3 x2???RS67
WSR???Jordantouring fan01
BTC???CookOverboost
??????Chiltontouring fan01, Alfisti
BTCHonda CivicChiltonbilly bleach
BTC???ChiltonOverboost
Motorbase???ButcherPickles
??????O.Jacksonsceptic

Didn't materialise   
PMR3rd Car???Pickles
???Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Not HARDNot Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
HARDVW CC???crmalcolm (in entry list)
???BMW 330iCollardAlfisti
Trade Price Cars???Hillsceptic
Excelr8???Osbornesceptic
HARD???Creessceptic
PMR???SmileyPickles

I'd like to reverse my position on Rob Smith and say he's definitely not going to be at ExcelR8.

I'm also going to predict a return to the BTCC for someone we all thought had retired.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3955862)   #3114
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I'd like to reverse my position on Rob Smith and say he's definitely not going to be at ExcelR8.

I'm also going to predict a return to the BTCC for someone we all thought had retired.
C'mon Dave Pinkney!!

Old 5 Feb 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3955863)   #3115
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
MJ's wikipedia still needs updating:

'Mat Jackson (born 10 June 1981) is a former British racing driver. '
Old 5 Feb 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3955865)   #3116
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
MJ proved more than a match for JP when they were team mates at PMR, so he should have no problem doing so again. Just as long as two years out haven't dulled his skills
I'm guessing you are referring to RML in 2009?

The results were 14-6 in JP's favour, and 8-1 in qualifying. I'd describe that as MJ occasionally shading it over JP in races, as opposed to being more than a match.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3955870)   #3117
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm guessing you are referring to RML in 2009?

The results were 14-6 in JP's favour, and 8-1 in qualifying. I'd describe that as MJ occasionally shading it over JP in races, as opposed to being more than a match.
Keep in mind Mat had to withdraw from Croft that year due to food poisoning, and the next round at Snetterton was also a write-off due to various technical problems with the Lacetti. That somewhat skews the results. He also had that eight-race streak of podium finishes later in the season.

Regardless, I'm absolutely made up at this news. Truth be told I haven't enjoyed BTCC as much since Motorbase dumped Jackson, and suddenly I'm now hyped for Donington.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3955872)   #3118
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well if there is any truth in that, my head says that will be Dave Newsham rather than Mark Blundell
Old 5 Feb 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3955877)   #3119
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
Keep in mind Mat had to withdraw from Croft that year due to food poisoning, and the next round at Snetterton was also a write-off due to various technical problems with the Lacetti. That somewhat skews the results. He also had that eight-race streak of podium finishes later in the season.
I've accounted for that. I only included races where they both were classified - hence it being 14-6 (20 races). In fact one of MJ's 6 was at Snetterton

JP also got a run of 10 podiums in 12 races, and 5 podiums in 6 races in the same car.
MJ was definitely quick and showed he has/had talent, but I still don't think he was 'more than a match' for JP that season.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3955878)   #3120
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Last seen in the BTCC in a Motorbase Ford Focus?
Old 5 Feb 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3955883)   #3121
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Last seen in the BTCC in a Motorbase Ford Focus?
That would be Giovanardi, if so why? NGTC got the better of him on his return last time. I'm racking my brain for more drivers everyone thought had retired but cant come up with any that would be a massive surprise.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3955884)   #3122
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
That would be Giovanardi, if so why? NGTC got the better of him on his return last time. I'm racking my brain for more drivers everyone thought had retired but cant come up with any that would be a massive surprise.
Or Thompson Silverstone 2011 if I’m correct?
Old 5 Feb 2020, 14:18 (Ref:3955889)   #3123
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Or Thompson Silverstone 2011 if I’m correct?
I must have been asleep that year never even realised he drove for motorbase at Silverstone Haha. Was there aswell
Old 5 Feb 2020, 15:12 (Ref:3955892)   #3124
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For whom did Mr Depper last race? Could be him
Old 5 Feb 2020, 15:28 (Ref:3955896)   #3125
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Drivers who last appeared in the BTCC in a Motorbase Ford Focus (and who may or may not be retired):

Caine,
Hamilton,
Cole,
Depper,
Davenport,
Clarke,
Giovanardi,
Griffin,
Thompson