Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Feb 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3204678)   #301
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I'm not sure where to put this, but for anyone who is travelling to Sebring this year, and is from out of the country, Florida now requires an International Driving Permit (IDP) issued by your country of residence and a valid license from that country. This applies to any vehicle, including rental vehicles. This applies to Canadians as well.
Good to know, thanks. Was planning to get one anyway just to be safe - my girlfriend would kill me if she had to do all the driving.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3204685)   #302
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Coach Ep;3204455]2 Extreme Speed Motorsport HPD's in - 2 ESM Ferrari's out!

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...class-revived/

I wonder where this leaves Anthony Lazzaro and Toni Vilander regarding drives for Sebring and Petit as they were ESM's extra drivers for the endurance races?

Last edited by cbbrit; 14 Feb 2013 at 16:14.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3204690)   #303
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=cbbrit;3204685]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
2 Extreme Speed Motorsport HPD's in - 2 ESM Ferrari's out!

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...class-revived/

I wonder where this leaves Anthony Lazzaro and Toni Vilander regarding drives for Sebring and Petit as they were the extra drivers for the endurance races?
No reason Lazzarro couldn't still race in P2. Not that he'd be my first or even 5th choice but he's got proto experience. He'd be solid, if not exactly quick.

I don't think Risi or Job announced 3rd drivers yet. Vilander would be a great pickup for either of those teams.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3204691)   #304
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post

No reason Lazzarro couldn't still race in P2. Not that he'd be my first or even 5th choice but he's got proto experience. He'd be solid, if not exactly quick.

I don't think Risi or Job announced 3rd drivers yet. Vilander would be a great pickup for either of those teams.
Risi have announced Bruni as the third driver for Sebring already.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3204713)   #305
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Brabham and Pagenaud would be excellent additions!
Old 14 Feb 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3204721)   #306
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Love to see Conquest get an Oreca 03 .
Old 14 Feb 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3204723)   #307
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
Can someone enlighten me on the waivers that ESM specifically received? Seems like a pretty hot topic here.

http://www.imsaracing.net/2012/alms/...2-18%20AoP.pdf

L.P.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3204727)   #308
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
And BTW: Those aren't waivers, those are BoP-breaks...
Old 14 Feb 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3204731)   #309
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Interesting, why just them?
Old 14 Feb 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3204736)   #310
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting, why just them?
I think it gets blown out of proportion and the reason is basically that they were the only full time 458 running in the ALMS and switching to a single inlet.

L.P.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3204737)   #311
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because they were the only Ferrari team running ALMS last year. Risi would not need those breaks to be competitive...
Old 14 Feb 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3204941)   #312
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I'm not sure where to put this, but for anyone who is travelling to Sebring this year, and is from out of the country, Florida now requires an International Driving Permit (IDP) issued by your country of residence and a valid license from that country. This applies to any vehicle, including rental vehicles. This applies to Canadians as well.
Quote:
Statement from DHSMV on International Driving Permits

During the 2012 legislative session, the Florida Legislature amended section 322.04, Florida Statutes, to require visitors from outside the United States to have an International Driving Permit in order to drive lawfully in Florida. This change took effect Jan. 1, 2013.

It has come to the Departmentā€™s attention that this requirement may violate the Geneva Convention on Road Traffic (1949), an international treaty to which the United States is a signatory. Treaties to which the United States is a party preempt state laws in conflict with them.

Therefore, the Florida Highway Patrol will defer enforcement of violations of the amended statutory section until a final determination of the alignment of the amendment with the treaty can be made. Non-resident visitors to Florida who wish to drive while here will be required to have in their immediate possession a valid driver license issued in his or her name from another state or territory of the U.S. or from their country of residence. However, the FHP will not take enforcement action based solely on the lack of an International Driving Permit.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3204947)   #313
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
From AAA site on IDPs:

If someone visits the United States from a foreign country and discovers that they need an IDP, can they purchase one from AAA?
An IDP must be issued in the same country as the drivers license of the traveler. Therefore, if someone from the United Kingdom has a U.K. drivers license, their IDP must also be issued in the United Kingdom.

I have a U.S. drivers license, but I am a citizen of another country. Where should I obtain an IDP?
The IDP must be issued in the same country as the drivers license. In the case of a drivers license being issued in the United States, the IDP must also be issued in the United States. Contact your nearest AAA Service Center to obtain an IDP.

If someone has a drivers license from a U.S. territory such as Guam, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, how would an IDP work for them?
Since their drivers license was issued by a U.S. possession, their IDP would also be issued in the United States. Contact a AAA Service Center in the United States, and the IDP can be issued and mailed.

L.P.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3204979)   #314
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone do an updated entry list speculation?
Old 15 Feb 2013, 00:56 (Ref:3204993)   #315
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
Can someone do an updated entry list speculation?
The wiki appears to be pretty current. I am pretty sure the person updating it is only adding CONFIRMED entrants, none that are rumored.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_12_Hours_of_Sebring
Old 15 Feb 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3204999)   #316
gregtummer
Veteran

Quote:
The wiki appears to be pretty current. I am pretty sure the person updating it is only adding CONFIRMED entrants, none that are rumored.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_12_Hours_of_Sebring
Thanks!

Is CORE still on for 2 PCs?

I thought BAR was the only team running to PCs.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 01:18 (Ref:3205007)   #317
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks!

Is CORE still on for 2 PCs?

I thought BAR was the only team running to PCs.
If they get the funding for the second car.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 13:46 (Ref:3205324)   #318
Slipknot
Rookie

United States
Texas
Slipknot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ESM in P2 with HPD according to whomever created that Wiki page. Can that be true?
Old 15 Feb 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3205328)   #319
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
ESM in P2 with HPD according to whomever created that Wiki page. Can that be true?
This was reported yesterday by John Dagys on SpeedTV.com. Check the second thread on page 20 of this discussion.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3205489)   #320
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
Here's the full article from DSC about the pending announcement from Level 5 Motorsports.

Level 5 About To Announce Full ALMS Programme

Following on from the news that ESM are to enter a pair of HPD ARX 03bs in the full 2013 ALMS we're expecting an imminent announcement that Level 5 Motorsports will match that commitment.

DSC sources had already confirmed that a single HPD had been provisionally entered for Sebring by Level 5 but further enquiries now suggest that the season opener will see both Level 5 HPDs on track and that the campaign will continue through the full season.

We're also hearing that the team will, once again field an impressive driver line-up alongside team owner Scott Tucker with at least two 2012 season Indycar drivers likely to be announced for Sebring.

Last edited by cbbrit; 15 Feb 2013 at 20:12.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3205524)   #321
gregtummer
Veteran

It's coming together nicely!

All that is missing is for someone to challenge Audi.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3205526)   #322
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
with at least two 2012 season Indycar drivers likely to be announced for Sebring.
Ryan Briscoe?
Old 15 Feb 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3205531)   #323
gregtummer
Veteran

John Dagys twitter:

For Sebring, I know of 2 other Euro teams looking.. Could be 6-7 P2 cars then.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3205547)   #324
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Quote:
John Dagys twitter:

For Sebring, I know of 2 other Euro teams looking.. Could be 6-7 P2 cars then.
Awesome!
Old 15 Feb 2013, 21:58 (Ref:3205549)   #325
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
What is the P2 tire situation? I have lost track (not sure I was on track....), but wan't there talk of being on control tires, this year?