Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 26 Jul 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3438016)   #301
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-758746605.htm

same size as V8SC tyre.. is it not? so what is the issue with them puke?
When did we start talking about V8SC Tyres?
Old 26 Jul 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3438111)   #302
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
give it to a teenager.. they stretch any old tyre on any old rim lol
How are the boys going with fitting a 10.5in tyre to a 10inch rim? Keen for an update
Old 26 Jul 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3438115)   #303
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
When did we start talking about V8SC Tyres?
you were the one going on about a 280/680R18 being hard to fit. aren't the V8SC running 280/680R18 fitted to a 18x11 rim?
Old 26 Jul 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3438116)   #304
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
How are the boys going with fitting a 10.5in tyre to a 10inch rim? Keen for an update
buy a 10.5 inch rim *shrugs*
Old 26 Jul 2014, 09:45 (Ref:3438118)   #305
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
or you could just leave the TLX on Dunlops
Old 26 Jul 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3438136)   #306
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
you were the one going on about a 280/680R18 being hard to fit. aren't the V8SC running 280/680R18 fitted to a 18x11 rim?
No never mentioned that. You must be making it up? V8SC don't run on Hankooks BTW
Old 26 Jul 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3438528)   #307
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
I may be wrong but somebody was telling me you can't just put a Hankook ST tyre on any old Rim.
I swear it's like talking to a brick wall!
Old 26 Jul 2014, 23:33 (Ref:3438538)   #308
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
I swear it's like talking to a brick wall!
I will need you to spell it out in Plain English because I am trying hard to work out what you are going on about?
Old 27 Jul 2014, 04:05 (Ref:3438574)   #309
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear the Moore will team up with Slade again. They were a pretty potent combo last season.
I know Andre is still sticking with Paul Morris too...
Old 27 Jul 2014, 04:52 (Ref:3438592)   #310
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Good to hear the Moore will team up with Slade again. They were a pretty potent combo last season.
I know Andre is still sticking with Paul Morris too...
Godd to hear some Enduro Combos coming to light

Woner if Murph will stick with Jack Perkins again

Also will we see SVG return?

Nick Cassidy is in a car, that deal was done some time ago.

With Mark P saying plently of Drivers with V8SC experence looking for drives, should be some more announcements over the next few weeks I am picking....Is it about 8 weeks to Taupo
Old 27 Jul 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3438606)   #311
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I wouldn't expect to see JP this year with Murphy seeing as he is an FPR driver and they seem to be contracted to drive only ford cars....which is odd when you consider that Mostert was with Ant last year as a DJR driver that is an FPR sattelite/customer team. I think it would be logical for Greg to see if Courtney would be keen seeing as they are enduro partners in Aus. But that would be a huge name for our series so not sure. I've got some intel on who makes up the 12 or so SC guys heading over but can't divulge that on here. Guess we will all find out soon!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:03 (Ref:3438611)   #312
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I wouldn't expect to see JP this year with Murphy seeing as he is an FPR driver and they seem to be contracted to drive only ford cars....which is odd when you consider that Mostert was with Ant last year as a DJR driver that is an FPR sattelite/customer team. I think it would be logical for Greg to see if Courtney would be keen seeing as they are enduro partners in Aus. But that would be a huge name for our series so not sure. I've got some intel on who makes up the 12 or so SC guys heading over but can't divulge that on here. Guess we will all find out soon!
Yes I wouldn't think JP would be in the mix either, unless hes in a Ford, but hes prob more interested in keeping his V8SC ride at this stage of the season.
Will be interesting to see who Greg picks up.
The talk is of 18 cars running, which would be nice after lower numbers at the start of the year.
The word is SVG will be here and not in his usual car
Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:30 (Ref:3438613)   #313
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Yes, I have been told to expect SVG and SM back for the enduros. Will be an interesting few weeks methinks
Old 27 Jul 2014, 09:19 (Ref:3438645)   #314
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, so reported to be approx. 18 starters, with up to 12 V8SC drivers involved ?

could be a timely turnaround that the class desperately needs for credibility.

good stuff .
Old 5 Aug 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3441721)   #315
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted to hear we, I have to continue to spanner a V8ST with a substandard shock. I seriously thought we were in for change here for the good verse throwing shocks at the car and dyno machine all weekend. I hope the update is a permanent fix and not another bull#@!T line that matches the parts supply stream.
Old 5 Aug 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3441729)   #316
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
Gutted to hear we, I have to continue to spanner a V8ST with a substandard shock. I seriously thought we were in for change here for the good verse throwing shocks at the car and dyno machine all weekend. I hope the update is a permanent fix and not another bull#@!T line that matches the parts supply stream.
As voted by the majority of the teams.
Old boys network over again, and friends of the service agent.
Substandard from day 1 and then when teams complain and the contract to supply new shocks is up for tender the supplier now has a mystically fix, after denying any problems since day 1.
Old 5 Aug 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3441746)   #317
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
Substandard from day 1 and then when teams complain and the contract to supply new shocks is up for tender the supplier now has a mystically fix, after denying any problems since day 1.
Quite right JK. The other disappointment I have just heard about is Supershock stated they had a service agent here in NZ which no one had ever heard of then very late in the piece we hear its someone else.

Also concerning for the category is the fees that V8ST were requesting from the official supplier which seems to be an important part of the deal. Understand they need funds to operate but why would you take a fee from the supplier when you know the product is not upto scratch and going to cost the teams money. I know the supplier of the brakes had to pay a fee to V8ST to continue, thankfully the product is great and service crap and the shock supplier funnily enough resides out of the same building so we can only surmise yet again.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 01:02 (Ref:3441795)   #318
blizard
Rookie

blizard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the KW suspension still? What is wrong with them if you don't mind saying?
Old 6 Aug 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3441811)   #319
pukekoheracer
Racer

Sounds like Scott McLaughlin will be testing a ST this Week
Old 6 Aug 2014, 03:20 (Ref:3441829)   #320
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The word is SVG will be here and not in his usual car
That is correct, but I'm not going to steal their thunder. The team will make an announcement soon.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 04:12 (Ref:3441837)   #321
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
That is correct, but I'm not going to steal their thunder. The team will make an announcement soon.
Correct
Old 6 Aug 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3441902)   #322
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
JK, I have to say that I am disappointed at your post above, you and GT86 are well aware that I am a shareholder in Autoquip Marketing who are the agents for KW Suspension, so in essence you are taking a potshot at me.

I extend a genuine invitation to you both to PM me and I will arrange to show you first hand the quality of the KW shock absorber and were the inconsistency in there performance smashing over Pukekohe's notorious curb's actually lies.

Some facts: 11 "friend's" of mine voted to upgrade the shocks at a cost of $275 per shock, out of the 16 teams that bothered to vote, so if the 11 team's that voted for upgrading their KW shocks, did so purely because they are my "friends" then it would seem I have 6 more friends in the V8ST category than Mighty Murph, who proposed the shock change in the first place, and thats simply not the case.

I realise I am probably wasting my time trying to appeal to your sense of fair play but I am happy to try, as its pointless trying to debate the accuracy of your condemnation of a very good product and also in GT 86's attack on our Companies service for Brembo brakes, as it seems your minds are made up, but again if they are not then give us the chance to defend such accusations, that would be fair wouldn't it?

Mark Petch
For Autoquip Marketing.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 12:23 (Ref:3441928)   #323
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds like Scott McLaughlin will be testing a ST this Week
Interesting that he says he will be in Christchurch & Timaru, not too many Supertourers down South, the Cunninghams still have their car run out of Timaru???
Old 6 Aug 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3441987)   #324
pukekoheracer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Interesting that he says he will be in Christchurch & Timaru, not too many Supertourers down South, the Cunninghams still have their car run out of Timaru???
Eddie Bells car as well. Maybe its a different car all together as I was talking to somebody Yesterday and they mentioned a Driver looking to Purchase a ST Car.

Maybe if you are in the Timaru area drop into trhe Circuit. Bugger I was in that part of the World early this week as well....
Old 6 Aug 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3442017)   #325
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
JK, I have to say that I am disappointed at your post above, you and GT86 are well aware that I am a shareholder in Autoquip Marketing who are the agents for KW Suspension, so in essence you are taking a potshot at me.

I extend a genuine invitation to you both to PM me and I will arrange to show you first hand the quality of the KW shock absorber and were the inconsistency in there performance smashing over Pukekohe's notorious curb's actually lies.

Some facts: 11 "friend's" of mine voted to upgrade the shocks at a cost of $275 per shock, out of the 16 teams that bothered to vote, so if the 11 team's that voted for upgrading their KW shocks, did so purely because they are my "friends" then it would seem I have 6 more friends in the V8ST category than Mighty Murph, who proposed the shock change in the first place, and thats simply not the case.

I realise I am probably wasting my time trying to appeal to your sense of fair play but I am happy to try, as its pointless trying to debate the accuracy of your condemnation of a very good product and also in GT 86's attack on our Companies service for Brembo brakes, as it seems your minds are made up, but again if they are not then give us the chance to defend such accusations, that would be fair wouldn't it?

Mark Petch
For Autoquip Marketing.
Mark, you are NOT the service agent, you are the importer / supplier.
The post was not a potshot at you personally but the product you supplied.
There would have been no need for a new tender for the shocks if the teams / V8ST thought they we're fit for purpose.
No doubt the teams chose the cheapest option as the alternative would have been no doubt quite expensive.
Hopefully in choosing to stay with this product, the teams are not disappointed, as the modification I hear that has been proposed has not been evaluated as yet.